Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

My harrowing experience with Air France - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My harrowing experience with Air France (334 Views)

Air France Cancellation Policy / Air France And Russia Suspends Flights Over Iraq And Iran Airspace / Promo!!! Fifa U-20 Female World Cup, France 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My harrowing experience with Air France by damilare442: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2019
The first time I flew Air France was in 2012. We nearly crashed in Abuja. For 20 minutes, we were tossed up and down to the point that suitcases in the overhead bin were falling out.

The pilot never said a word to us until we touched ground in Abuja. I went to him and said: "Why were you not talking to us?" "I was struggling to control the jet. I've never seen it this bad. I thought we were crashing," he said.

That day, I swore in both testaments never to fly Air France again. I saw this coming as soon as we boarded in Paris. The AC was not working. No power outlets to charge electronic devices. They sure gave us a 15th century aircraft, I said to myself. I guess because we are blacks.

While searching for last minute flight to Nigeria this past Christmas, I saw a good offer from Air France. I talked to a friend who flew Air France recently and he said he enjoyed it.

I decided to give them a second chance. Everything went okay from BWI to Paris. For Paris to Lagos, they gave us an old school Belgian jet. The flight was smooth.

But my return flight was a hell. Air France officials at MMA1 were nasty. First, it took forever to check us in. Their system was running at a snail speed. At the boarding gate, they started weighing hand luggage. It was there that trouble started. We were asked to pay 40k or 105$ for any hand luggage weighing 12kg+

Yes, Air France says 12kg in their policy but why did you not enforce this at check-in when passengers had the opportunity to give things to families? Why did you not talk about this at check-in when passengers, who didn't have money, could have raised money to pay from friends and families?

There was chaos everywhere as passengers cursed out these mean and clueless employees. Some passengers did not fly because they had no money on them to pay 40k at the time of boarding. Many had their credit cards but they would not accept credit cards.

The sad thing about this was that the employees were selective. They let some people go and insisted that others must pay. We later realized that the ones they let go were those that gave them generous bribes at check-in.

This confusion led to flight delay. We did not leave MMA1 till 12.40am. Again, it was an old school Belgian jet. The jet was so slow that by the time we arrived Paris, my U.S. flight had left. They booked me for another flight that took me to DULLES instead of BWI and I had to wait till 2pm for this flight to take off.

I am a frequent flyer, but I stick to Delta. Good bye to Air France.

Re: My harrowing experience with Air France by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
sad

(1) (Reply)

[video] Unilag Student Becomes Conductor.... See Reason / [full Story] Do You Still Remember February 6 1958? Unforgettable Day For Man U / Iphone 7 Plus For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.