Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 (46970 Views)

Step By Step Guide To Build Your First Storey House Plan / Step By Step Guide To Build Your First Storey House Plan / Top 5 Standard Affordable Homes 4 Families In 2018 U Neva Knew Existed in Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by bigtt76(f): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
13k visitors paying N100 each should be enough money to maintain the building naaa undecided

Ugly looking when compared to the forts the whites built in Ghana... Looks like they knew Naija is not worth it as far back then cheesy cheesy cheesy

AsomArchitectNG:
The first storey building in Nigeria located in Badagry, Lagos State, recorded 13,609 visitors in 2018, Mr Hodonu Daniel, the officer in charge of the building, told newsmen on Wednesday.

Daniel said that the number of tourists that visited the 172-year-old structure was higher than the 9,009 recorded in 2017. Reports have it that the foundation of the building was laid in 1842 and was completed in 1845.

“We recorded more tourists toward the end of the year when there were different festivals organised by people and the Local Government Authority attracted tourists to the site.

“Around August, we celebrated Coconut festival and many tourists that came for the event visited the site. Also during Diaspora festival, many foreigners came to the site.

“These were just the reasons why the site recorded high number of tourists in 2018.

“I’m sure that the patronage would be higher this year if the Federal Government will complete the reconstruction of the Lagos- Badagry Expressway which is discouraging tourists from visiting the site.

“The major challenge that we face is the deplorable state of the road, as this discourages tourists from coming to the various historic sites in the city,’’ Daniel said.

He reiterated the call on the state government and private companies to assist in giving the structure a facelift.

According to him, only the Anglican Church is carrying out the task for now.

Source:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/nigerias-first-storey-building-records-13609-visitors-in-2018/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Boyooosa(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
Monumental
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Annwrites: 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2019
This is very low for an historical site.
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by teabully(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
kossiie:
The place is historical.. I've been there
what year, I have too
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Architectkene: 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2019
akdjr:
Our family house in village is over 200years.
Can you read?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Ologogoro: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
akdjr:

Congrats!! But is it a storey building ??

Hater

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Fidelismaria: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
Have been there before

It houses the first yoruba Bible translated by Samuel ajayi crowther

I think there's also a well by the side
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Apartment20: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
Kabasa5:
I will like to visit also but I need direction from 7up at toll gate

Anyone that is interested in visiting can inquire more about visiting from this person he's a Badagry indigene.

Jasper: 0813 822 1342
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by yeman2012(m): 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
Feranchek:

Historical. Watin dey inside am
history na him him dy inside am

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by nograv: 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
Always saddens me that Nigerians don’t even know their own history...

Here is drawing of Benin City by Dapper a Dutch Explorer in 1688!!

History is written by the victors, so much so that Nigerians don’t even know that we had well organised cities with well ordered streets and squares. Multi storey buildings were recorded in Benin City, sadly now lost as the city was burned down by the British..

Please remember that Benin City was at its height in the 12th Century!!

I am my father’s son, I could have ignored this thread, but the blood of my forefathers that flows through my veins would not allow it...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by uuzba(m): 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2019
Patrioticman007:
What a deceit our government is peddling!!!
The picture bellow is of a high building over 300 years old in katsina State, northern Nigeria. since it was not built by the missionaries, its not worth mentioning.

The title would have been first missionaries high building in Nigeria.
Well, 300 years ago, all of us was not Nigeria. No unity then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by uuzba(m): 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
nograv:
Always saddens me that Nigerians don’t even know their own history...

Here is drawing of Benin City by Dapper a Dutch Explorer in 1688!!

History is written by the victors, so much so that Nigerians don’t even know that we had well organised cities with well ordered streets and squares. Multi storey buildings were recorded in Benin City, sadly now lost as the city was burned down by the British..

Please remember that Benin City was at its height in the 12th Century!!

I am my father’s son, I could have ignored this thread, but the blood of my forefathers that flows through my veins would not allow it...

Sheybe lazy Nigerian youth and phone crazy students have all done well to discard History from their schools, from SSCE, WAEC, NECO.
We now have people floating around thinking that this world began with Internet.
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Patrioticman007(m): 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
uuzba:

Well, 300 years ago, all of us was not Nigeria. No unity then.

What shame..... 1845 was the year Nigeria was founded.
By your missionaries & colonial master's ?.
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by uuzba(m): 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
bigtt76:
13k visitors paying N100 each should be enough money to maintain the building naaa undecided

Ugly looking when compared to the forts the whites built in Ghana... Looks like they knew Naija is not worth it as far back then cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's the raw materials you have that you will use to build the house Na.
The whole of Lagos is just sand. What magic do you expect?
Greece and other Europe is rock/lime stone. Plus they had iron axe to cut it to shape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by nograv: 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2019
uuzba:

Sheybe lazy Nigerian youth and phone crazy students have all done well to discard History from their schools, from SSCE, WAEC, NECO.
We now have people floating around thinking that this world began with Internet.

Bros, it is a real shame, but students are not to blame. It is our leaders who don’t care for history or tradition and only lining their pockets who caused this..

Was it not Jonathan who removed history from the school curriculum?

Mtcheww.

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by uuzba(m): 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2019
Patrioticman007:

What shame..... 1845 was the year Nigeria was founded.
By your missionaries & colonial master's ?.
Guy, this your vex, don't throw it on my head O.
Somebody travelled from UK, 8000 km away, and came to this region. He could read, and write. He had machines etc which we cannot live without till date. Plus Christianity. The one he saw is the one he will write down Na.
Do you travel anywhere to missionary anybody or teach anybody anything.
Before you answer.
...It is their alphabet we are using to write.

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by soronzo: 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
Kabasa5:
I will like to visit also but I need direction from 7up at toll gate
Use d map

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by BabaO2: 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
aishapmbtoto:
Trash. There are older structures here in the North. Nonsense
When did oyinbo man reach the northern part of the country? We are even talking of a Storey building not raffia hut or a mud hut.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by LilTony: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
Is it a storey buildind?
akdjr:
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by lorenzos1: 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
Thank God, we have finally started taking statistics of events...we never thought were useful.
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Ayobami7(m): 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
好朋友
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Gerrard59(m): 11:01pm On Jan 31, 2019
nograv:

Bros, it is a real shame, but students are not to blame. It is our leaders who don’t care for history or tradition and only lining their pockets who caused this..

Was it not Jonathan who removed history from the school curriculum?

Mtcheww.

Fake news!

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/203226-nigeria-restore-history-school-curriculum.html

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/why-we-reintroduced-history-studies-in-school-curriculum/

Meanwhile, the head of history and diplomatic studies, University of Abuja, Dr. Philip Afaha, said the document was well researched and developed with regard to Nigeria peculiarities.

He, however, countered reports that former President Goodluck Jonathan approved the removal of history from the school curriculum.

“I must clarify that former President Jonathan neither participated in the meeting nor authorized the removal of history from our basic school curriculum.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by IamPlato(m): 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
Patrioticman007:
What a deceit our government is peddling!!!
The picture bellow is of a high building over 300 years old in katsina State, northern Nigeria. since it was not built by the missionaries, its not worth mentioning.

The title would have been first missionaries high building in Nigeria.
who Is Talking Of Mud House. Use Sense Na

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by mechanics(m): 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2019
And it's still standing, that's nice.
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by nomaison(m): 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2019
I was there live and direct

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
nice one
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by nextnear(m): 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
AsomArchitectNG:
The first storey building in Nigeria located in Badagry, Lagos State, recorded 13,609 visitors in 2018, Mr Hodonu Daniel, the officer in charge of the building, told newsmen on Wednesday.

Daniel said that the number of tourists that visited the 172-year-old structure was higher than the 9,009 recorded in 2017. Reports have it that the foundation of the building was laid in 1842 and was completed in 1845.

“We recorded more tourists toward the end of the year when there were different festivals organised by people and the Local Government Authority attracted tourists to the site.

“Around August, we celebrated Coconut festival and many tourists that came for the event visited the site. Also during Diaspora festival, many foreigners came to the site.

“These were just the reasons why the site recorded high number of tourists in 2018.

“I’m sure that the patronage would be higher this year if the Federal Government will complete the reconstruction of the Lagos- Badagry Expressway which is discouraging tourists from visiting the site.

“The major challenge that we face is the deplorable state of the road, as this discourages tourists from coming to the various historic sites in the city,’’ Daniel said.

He reiterated the call on the state government and private companies to assist in giving the structure a facelift.

Source:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/nigerias-first-storey-building-records-13609-visitors-in-2018/amp/
now this is what i call news, now you are talking, this is even a good news, the best news so far in a while.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2019
nextnear:
now this is what i call news, now you are talking, this is even a good news, the best news so far in a while.
LOI
Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by 1daboi: 11:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
AsomArchitectNG:

I was among those that visited last year

Re: Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
Is That All?? Next Topic please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Is Happening In The Compound l Am Living In. / Lady Shocked As Homeless Northerners Occupy Her Uncompleted Building In Abuja / The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.