Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading (2342 Views)

EFCC: DSS Shifts Probe To CCB / Undeclared Assets: Onnoghen To Forfeit Huge Sums, Houses / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by kahal29: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2019
Exactly one week ago, President Muhammadu Buhari suspended Walter Onnoghen, chief justice of Nigeria (CJN), over alleged false assets declaration.

In his speech at the occasion where Onnoghen was suspended and Ibrahim Muhammad appointed in acting capacity, Buhari said Onnoghen had admitted that he failed to “follow the spirit and letter of the law” in declaring his assets.

Defending his action which was severely criticised, Buhari said ’’mistake and forgetfulness’’ are totally unknown to the law.

What were the exact words of Onnoghen in response to the query of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), which filed a six-count charge against him at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT)?

Below is the former CJN’s response which was obtained by TheCable:

DATE: 1st January, 2019

I WALTER S. N. ONNOGHEN of THE SUPREME COURT OF NIGERIA hereby voluntarily depose to the statement averred herein knowing that whatever I write or state may be tendered against me as evidence in court. I also volunteer to state that the statement was not taken in evidence from me under duress but after the administering officer has explained and made known the details of the allegations against me.

Rank/Position: CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA

Date of Birth: 22nd DECEMBER, 1950

Residential Address: CTN DRIVE ASO VILLA, ABUJA

Date of 1st Appointment into Service: 1st OCTOBER, 1989

Date of Substantive Appointment: 7th March, 2017

Category of Appointment: TENURED

Duration of Tenure (if Applicable): FOUR YEARS

Date of Declaration of Assets: 14TH DECEMBER, 2016

Details of Companies/Enterprises: NONE

Bank account Details: STD. CHARTERED 0001062667 AND OTHERS AS PER MY ASSET DECLARATION FORM

No of Children: FOUR

State any other full Time Employment (if any): NIL

Name (s) of Spouse/Date of Birth: MRS NKOYO W. N. ONNOGHEN 11TH JULY, 1957

Name of Children/Date of Birth:

ORIMINIWEFA N. ONNOGHEN
EWUWUNI N. ONNOGHEN
EFA N. ONNOGHEN
TITE N. ONNOGHEN

Response to the Allegation(s):

My Asset Declaration for Nos. SCN000014 and SCN.0000 5 were declared on the same day, 14th December, 2016 because I FORGOT to make a declaration of May, 2005 declaration of my assets after the expiration of my 2005 declaration in 2009.

Following my appointment as Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria in November, 2016, the need to declare my asset anew made me to realize the MISTAKE and then did the declarations to cover the period in default.

I did not include my Standard Chartered Bank Account in SCN. 000014 because I believed they were not opened during the period covered by the declaration. I did not make a fresh declaration of assets after my substantive appointment as CJN because I was under the IMPRESSION that my SCN. 000015 was to cover the period of four years which include my leave as CJN.

The deposits made in my US Dollar account No. 87000106250 with STD. Chartered Bank of $10,000 at different intervals of 28/6/11 were sourced partly from my reserve and saving from my estacodes including medical expenses. The same applies to my deposit of 27/7/11 of the sum of $10,000 twice. It is important to state that prior to my opening the US dollar account I had foreign currency which I kept at home due to the fact that there existed a government policy that proscribed the operation of foreign currency account by Public officers including judicial Officers. It was when I got to know that the policy had changed that I had to open the said account. Upon opening the account, I was made to understand that I cannot pay in more than $10,000 at a time and per payment slip. I cannot remember the total amount I had in reserve at the time but it spread from my practice days as a private legal practitioner from 1979-1989. Some of the deposits are a result of forex trading. AGRICODE and other investment returns were from proceeds of my investments into them. The withdrawals in the account are partly to pay children fees and upkeep abroad and further investments. My British Pound and Euro accounts with Chartered Standard Bank are savings accounts.

WALTER SAMUEL NKANU ONNOGHEN

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-what-onnoghen-told-ccb-on-his-asset-declaration-full-text
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by dodoniyi: 7:03pm On Jan 31, 2019
Total Rubbish

LIAR JUDGING LIARS

GOD WILL PUNISH YOU AND YOUR SUPPORTERS

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by Isgnoscriminals: 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2019
When you’re sad, remember there are people out there who have been talking to a Catfish for 11 years.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by rusher14: 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
It was when I got to know that the policy had changed that I had to open the said account. Upon opening the account, I was made to understand that I cannot pay in more than $10,000 at a time and per payment slip. I cannot remember the total amount I had in reserve at the time but it spread from my practice days as a private legal practitioner from 1979-1989. 

But why?
grin
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by Moferere: 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
This man has done no wrong if this is what actually happened

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by omonaijiria: 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Kahal29 come over here and dissect this

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by omonaijiria: 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
Moferere:

APC intentionally spread lies to crucify this man by media.

They now reveal what the man actually write down in his Reply CCB.

Propaganda government.

Tueeeee

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by omonaijiria: 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
One Ngeneukwenu will come here now and start speeding thrash as usual

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by kahal29: 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2019
omonaijiria:
Kahal29 come over here and dissect this

Dissect wetin? Say my Chief Justice Na Money Changer alias Bureau De Change aka Forex trading...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by kahal29: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
Mmmmmh

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by duduade: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
All these monies are questionable

He should be questioned on forex trading

What does he know about it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by NdiaraIGBO: 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2019
thief thief judge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by NdiaraIGBO: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
duduade:

Na bloody liar!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by overall90: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
Moferere:

APC is an evil party.
you see the way they have been manufacturing billions upon billions.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by otokx(m): 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2019
Until laws are passed preventing politicians in the executive, legislature and judiciary from going abroad for medical treatment, also prevent their children/dependants from schooling abroad we will not make much headway in Nigeria.
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by Corrinthians(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2019
Onnoghen might as well have been Movrodi. cheesy

Stupid crook.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by helinues: 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2019
Bureau De Change ( BDC) Walter Onnoghen
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by Okoroawusa: 8:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
Moferere:
Don't let a lawyer full you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by kahal29: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
Corrinthians:
Onnoghen might as well have been Movrodi. cheesy

Stupid crook.

Mmmmmh
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by olisaEze(m): 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
Which way Naija sef!? So this is how the “forget” was taken out of context and blown way way out of proportion!

Useless propaganda government!

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2019
olisaEze:
Which way Naija sef!? So this is how the “forget” was taken out of context and blown way way out of proportion!

Useless propaganda government!
Lolsssss...That Lai picture go win Oscars for nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by Yyeske(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2019
This man should just keep quiet instead of multiplying his sins,
First is that he forgot to declare some of his assets which is a crime as a public servant,
Now it is proceeds from forex transactions knowing fully well that as a public servant, you are not supposed to be engaged in any other job or did he forget that part of the law too?
Someone please tell him to keep quiet before he gets himself into more trouble

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by wirinet(m): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
Yyeske:
This man should just keep quiet instead of multiplying his sins,
First is that he forgot to declare some of his assets which is a crime as a public servant,
Now it is proceeds from forex transactions knowing fully well that as a public servant, you are not supposed to be engaged in any other job or did he forget that part of the law too?
Someone please tell him to keep quiet before he gets himself into more trouble

Waiting for Voltrons, defenders of the corruption universe to save a fellow denizen.

Our chief justice is a multi talented genius. Apart from being the most senior judge in the whole nation, he is also master forex trader, a genius businessman and an exceptional farmer. His only flaw is his memory?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by GarriKoro(m): 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
rusher14:
It was when I got to know that the policy had changed that I had to open the said account. Upon opening the account, I was made to understand that I cannot pay in more than $10,000 at a time and per payment slip. I cannot remember the total amount I had in reserve at the time but it spread from my practice days as a private legal practitioner from 1979-1989. 

But why?
grin
He is a liar with stupid excuses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by WATCHOVER(m): 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
duduade:

The fact that you are dull don't mean that others must be dull like you. Onnoghen spoke the truth.
Quote me wrongly and die
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by rusher14: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
WATCHOVER:

The fact that you are dull don't mean that others must be dull like you. Onnoghen spoke the truth.
Quote me wrongly and die
Gerraria.
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by Racoon(m): 11:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
- Buhari endorsed the babanriga dollar bribe stuffing scandal crook Gov.Ganduje's for a second term today.

-An allegedly corrupt Justice Danladi Umar have a multibillion naira scandal on his head yet Buhari obtained a fraudulent ex partriate order from his court to illegally suspend an allegedly corrupt CJN.

-Lawal Babachir/Ayo Oke are just being arraigned today after committing their crime a long time ago.

- Buhari is engrossed with a fraudulent lopsided anti-corruption war.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by diablos: 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
I wonder what statement his Excellency "Gandollarz" of the APC will write for us in future grin

Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by kahal29: 8:10am On Feb 01, 2019
wirinet:

Waiting for Voltrons, defenders of the corruption universe to save a fellow denizen.

Our chief justice is a multi talented genius. Apart from being the most senior judge in the whole nation, he is also master forex trader, a genius businessman and an exceptional farmer. His only flaw is his memory?

The tin get as e be Ooooo
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by ProWalker: 8:13am On Feb 01, 2019
Ok, he operates a bureau de change company now ?
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by Stalwert: 8:16am On Feb 01, 2019
grin grin grin this man is a bewildered moronnn and expect other moronns to back him up.
Re: Onnoghen To CCB: Some of the Deposit in My A/C are Proceeds From Forex Trading by kahal29: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2019
Stalwert:
grin grin grin this man is a bewildered moronnn and expect other moronns to back him up.

Hahahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Not Celebrating Buhari's Win Like They Did In 2015? / Nobody Can Defeat Fulanis In War – Former VC ABU / South Africans Mock Boko Haram Over Rumours Of Xenophabic Attack Retaliations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.