Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage (1365 Views)

Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / What Is Wrong For A Wife To Be Older In Age Than Her Husband?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by DorisB(f): 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2007
hi,is it right for a woman to be older than a man in marriage?
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by Bossman(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2007
There is really not right or wrong about it. It's just that some are ok with it and some are not.
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by TrueTalk3: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2007
When you say older, how much older??

There shouldnt be a problem with the woman being older; except she is of your mother's age!
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by otokx(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2007
@Truetalk; are you a woman?
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by DorisB(f): 11:35am On Apr 21, 2007
i mean like five to ten years difference.
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by TrueTalk3: 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2007
@Doris,

I think 10yrs might be quite difficult to manage/cope with (not only with issues from the couple themselves; but there'll be major external adverse pressures)

5yrs might jell. I've seen people more mature than those 5yrs older than them.

Major ingredients will include maturity (4 d man) & humility (4 d woman),
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by spoilt(f): 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2007
its not about right or wrong but about love. it nobody's business really. as long as they are happy.
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by MP007(m): 7:13am On Apr 22, 2007
ethically wrong, , its hard becos of the male ego thang and besides the society , we shaped by the society remember, its just not right in the face of the world.if u think am lying ask DEMI MORE Aand that freaky boy from that 70's show(kutcher ashton)
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 22, 2007
no big deal. So long as you love each other and the man has a healthy dose of self esteem.
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by spoilt(f): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2007
im older than my husband and heaven hasnt fallen yet! grin
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by oyinboaja: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2007
spoilt:

im older than my husband and heaven hasnt fallen yet! grin

YET

With the wrong attitude, it wont be long till the earth collapses
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by spoilt(f): 4:15am On Apr 24, 2007
oyinboaja:

YET

my friend, a marriage where a woman is older is no different from one where she is younger. other people will be drinking panadol for the couple's headache!
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by Bossman(m): 8:56am On Apr 24, 2007
Absolutely!

spoilt:

my friend, a marriage where a woman is older is no different from one where she is younger. other people will be drinking panadol for the couple's headache!

Yes, regardless of who is older, with the wrong attitude any marriage can collapse.

oyinboaja:

Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by elainemia(f): 9:31am On Apr 24, 2007
i think its supposed to be the couples headache, if the young man feels its ok with him,then i think no opinions are needed.
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by naija4laif: 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2007
it depends on the person, but sha 4 mi,my personal opinion is dat it isnt rite
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by opuro(m): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2007
when we are talking real life peopleĀ  will be talking bout love. WHAT HAS LOVE GOT TO DO WIT IT. my bros is not gud to marry a woman that is older than u. ABI UNA 4GET RMD AND MAY
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by spoilt(f): 12:27am On Apr 29, 2007
opuro:

when we are talking real life people will be talking bout love. WHAT HAS LOVE GOT TO DO WIT IT. my bros is not good to marry a woman that is older than u. ABI UNA 4GET RMD AND MAY

what about RMD and MAY? we dont see your point bros!
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by MP007(m): 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2007
that aint right
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by mddude(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2007
I really don't see why people consider this to be right or wrong. I think the Nigerian culture seem to frown at it for just no cause - Maybe because of the pedestal that men are supposed to be on. We look at things always from the point of seniority! Kinda sad! I am in my early 30s and I have dated women women that were 10 years older when I was in my early 20s. Not sure if i would have married them though but I think I had the best time of my life dating such people. I guess it also had to do with your maturity. I think every woman wants a MAN - ok better put an Alpha male and regardless of the age, she wants some form of maturity and not some kiddies!

I really dont see anything wrong in that though, it depends on the people involved.
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
Why do people use the adjective "right"? I hate it.
Why not "alright" instead? They make a big difference in meaning. Is it a moral or legal offence for the woman to be older than the man? I can't just seem to figure out the presence of the word "right" in that question.
Re: Is It Right For The Woman To Be Older Than The Man In Marriage by kingsleyi1(m): 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
YES IF THE LADY IS EMOTIONALLY MATURED AND THE MAN'S EGO IS PRESERVED.

NO IF THE MAN IS THE BOSSY TYPE COS HE'LL NOT ALWAYS B IN CHARGE tongue

(1) (Reply)

Wonder Child Born With A Miracletasabih Muslim Rosary In Bida / How/where Do I Process A New Birth Certificate To Replace Missing One? / Reasons Why People Show Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.