Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

My Wife Is The Reason I'll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge If Elected President – Atik - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Wife Is The Reason I'll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge If Elected President – Atik (297 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Applauds Festus Kayemo For Saying Mr Peter Obi Is Better Than Atik / I’ll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge Because Of My Wife, Says Atiku / Presidential Candidate: Nigerians’ll Help Us Choose Among Saraki, Tambuwal, Atik (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Is The Reason I'll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge If Elected President – Atik by Limitednow: 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has pledged to complete the construction of Second Niger Bridge if he is elected president.

Mr Abubakar, a former vice president popularly known as Atiku, stated this on Thursday while campaigning in Onitsha, the commercial city of Anambra State.

Atiku said he was going to complete the construction of the bridge because one of his wives is from the State.

His running mate, Peter Obi, is a former governor of the state.

The Second Niger Bridge has being a reference promise always been made by politicians seeking the exalted office in the land.

While past administration of the PDP government made similar promises to ensure the completion of the project, the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) also bought into the idea by using the project to campaign during the 2015 general election. The ruling party is yet to accord any seriousness to the project as at press time.

“I’m not here to campaign, but to inform you that your son, Peter Obi and your daughter are the real contestants. I’m in the minority,” Atiku said at the rally.

“You asked me to complete Second Niger Bridge, that I’ll do because of my wife,” he added.

The PDP candidate also promised to tackle infrastructural development in the region.

“With Peter Obi as the VP, be rest assured that the roads in the region will be completed too,” he said.

Meanwhile, the opposition party has threatened war if the presidential election slated for this month is rigged in favour of the ruling APC.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/my-wife-reason-will-complete-2nd-niger-bridge-elected-president-atiku/
Re: My Wife Is The Reason I'll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge If Elected President – Atik by Limitednow: 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: My Wife Is The Reason I'll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge If Elected President – Atik by Femi316: 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Afenifere, NEF, Ohaneze, PANDEF, Others Endorse Atiku / Insight To Nigeria Election And Why You Should Not Fall For Campaign Speak / I’ve No Personal Grudges Against Buhari, Says Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.