Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? (11105 Views)

Kamaru Usman Has History In Sight At UFC 278 Against Leon Edwards / Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by Imyourex(m): 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
Deris God o!
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by arrestdarrester: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
Make the LMC grow some balls and start deducting points. No team wey loose 6 points wey their fans brain no go reset fast fast.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by MrImole: 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2019
Make FIFA intervene now...

6points should be deducted per fight.
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by Joemetry(m): 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2019
theoldpretender:

And when we tell you to vote Sowore or Hashim or Moghalu, you guys will tell us that they can not win, before telling us to Sai Buhari or Obediently Atikulate

And what if I tell you that the 3 don't even have the interest of this country at heart?

Go do your research on how citizens of nations with kakistocratic leaders do away with them...
Those with powerful interest of the people would come together and push the most credible candidate and then support that one candidate with every.
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by MrImole: 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
Imyourex:
Deris God o!, My question is How do you people manage to clone these Bet9ja codes and make it look real?
I do search for the codes on bet9ja side to confirm
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by Gazzy88(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2019
If you're a tailor in benin looking for tailoring job or you know someone in benin city looking for tailoring job, urgently call or WhatsApp 08144088142. It's very urgent please.
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2019
theoldpretender:

And when we tell you to vote Sowore or Hashim or Moghalu, you guys will tell us that they can not win, before telling us to Sai Buhari or Obediently Atikulate
No mind dem.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by Randy100: 4:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
Poor officiating. I watched a match were a referee ended a match while a free kick was going inside a net.
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by GenSpecifics: 4:36pm On Feb 01, 2019
Up until the 90's, the English Football leagues were bedevilled by football hooligans and was rightly described as a slum game for slum fans.

After rebranding and polishing up their act, the English football leagues are global brands.

Re-branding is the key. Get hose thugs out of the stadium. Upgrade the stadias, security set-ups, add side shows and see if you wont attract the right crowd who will pay the right ticket fees
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by iamjavadem(m): 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
This is the same attitude we bring into politics and every aspect of our lives. Shio!!!
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by brojoshua: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2019
May be one of the reasons for this is because of corruption in Nigeria, in everything in Nigeria and in sports in particular. The could seen in the area of bad officiating by referees and so. So let corruption be removed from the system like bad officiating, receiving of bribe, etc. Also let those who go to watch football in stadium be patient
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by MrBONE2(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2019
helinues:
Nigeria premier league hmmm..

They have just introduced red card for removing jerseys after body odour kills linesman during goal celebration

grin
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by Ozkar: 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2019
It's a Nigerian/African thing, and isn't just restricted to football. We are naturally violent, and have too much bitterness and frustration in us. It's sad.

In another thread some people were justifying beating a dog to death because some people said it's a man that turned into it. This is Nigeria... Our people love to beat and kill. They just need a reason, any reason.

Penalize the club with the offending fans.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
when our league is run like a business model or franchise...and the necessary standards are in place...it ll flow...jst like pple pay to watch movies in cinemas yy ll de not pay to watch d league if properly organised...like someone said Nigerian league is a gold mine if properly harnessed
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by daveP(m): 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2019
I bet you, a team of 100 passionate youths, educated and brave and provided with a free hand would do lots of stuff in 100days to transform the identity of this league.

Youths that love football and are willing to see the NPFL have a marketable identity.

Do Clubs sign an undertaking as regards violating rules as a new season commences? Do they? So that at least if someone sees the axe coming, theyll know its just the rule they agreed to and not take it as some political game.
Rules aren't enough currently.

What makes a team of footballers a club?

What role is the media(input and output) gonna be?

Our League is in the hands of old tired men that have power to turn Enyimba's beautiful home stadium to a campaign ground.

Its shameful.

Give the media role to youths and see at least 20%increase in the marketability of the league.

Top teams should be well funded as well.

That's the issue.

Personally, i won't no allow any team that cannot get funds to execute 1 season a chance at participating in the league, no matter what.

A structure must be in place to ensure that 50players are accounted for in all aspects of salaries and performances, etc.

2000-2019 and clubs are still owing salaries?

Trust me, its becos Nigerians are passionate to kick a ball that's why. But the Passion is not motivated enough.

The league also seem like a tunnel to another road.

The league don't have heroes. Everybody sees the league as a conduit pipe to europe these days.

SA players aren't that eager to go to europe. they love it at home. We dont have that.

we have a conduit pipe League. That is now the motivation.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by farouk2much(m): 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
The answer is CAPITAL no.....
Because its a government work...
No sponsorer
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by Looopy(m): 3:20am On Feb 02, 2019
Felixalex:
Hmmm

I remember that match wey one female ref officiate, as she blow whistle for penalty, d way d opposing team chased her ehn....she ran like usain bolt out of the pitch, naso match end
Lwkmd grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by meobizy(f): 6:16am On Feb 02, 2019
I find the situation laughable and believe it shows the black man is no different from a monkey.
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by Nostradamus: 11:38am On Feb 02, 2019
meobizy:
I find the situation laughable and believe it shows the black man is no different from a monkey.
true talk bros.
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by dayleke: 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
sukerefakere:
embarassed
Do we have any aspect of the country that is functioning properly?

NO

Your moniker sir.... grin

"Go slow" or "hold up".
Re: The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? by tck2000(m): 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
what can i say

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia / 8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / ::Nigerian Players Abroad: Lets Discuss Their Affairs Here::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.