Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

The Finance Adviceyou Wish Your Father In-law Would Give You After Marrying - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Finance Adviceyou Wish Your Father In-law Would Give You After Marrying (260 Views)

American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Finance Adviceyou Wish Your Father In-law Would Give You After Marrying by Isuachrist: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2019
When it comes to internalizing facts, one of the sources that can stick for a very long time is from those that have experienced the journey before and most importantly our fathers.

Apart from the fact that a good father keeps an inheritance for his children, on the other hand, a good father in-law gives the best set pieces of advice to his daughter’s’ spouse meaning, he wants the best for him and the daughter.

One man we will be considering today who was lucky enough to get such an advice from a father in-law was Court Showerman.

Before we go on, let me ask, would you wish to get such a cool advice from a father in-law? Let me know your decision after reading about Showermans’ story.

Court Showerman is a former financial advisor who was not just lucky to see his wife’s dad but friendly enough to advise him.
In the words of Court, he said the best piece of advice he has received was from his father-in-law as we see below.
In his words (reframed),

#1. Son, One wife

This is pretty self-explanatory but divorce takes 50% of the combined wealth.

Without eating around the bush we sure know the cost of divorce and so, Showerman’s father in-law was careful to advise him on being the man he opted to be; he man that was going to solely run the affairs of his household in spite of what is popular in the society.

Again, we know that divorce is probably the largest reduction in wealth people can face.
Also, the idea of “change wife to husband or partner as applicable was important said Showerman, but his was his wife.

#2 Son, Compound Interest

From the days of high school I knew about compound interest but not the real life application though. By the way you should if you do not.
So, as generous as Showerman’s father in-law was, he made him realized that the most powerful force in the world was compound interest. I will explain below.

Compound interest according to Wikipedia is the addition of interest to the principal sum of a loan or deposit, or in other words, interest on interest.

Compound interest is the result of reinvesting interest, rather than paying it out, so that interest in the next period is then earned on the principal sum plus previously accumulated interest.
See an example below.

1,000 Pound Sterling is deposited into a Lloyds of London savings account paying 30% per annum, compounded annually. At the end of one year, 1,000 x 30% = £300 interest is credited to the account.

The account then earns 1,300 x 30% = £390 in the second year.

By the way, I think the Compound interest Principle was falsely attributed to Albert Einstein. Nevertheless, To Whom It May Concern, whether he actually said it or not is not the point. The point is what you will get if you see a reliable investment place.

I mean, a 5% increase every year for 30 years is a 332% increase. That sure is powerful Showerman’s father in-law said.

There you have it. If you are privileged to have a father in-law that is not mean to you, up to a point of sitting you down to give some fatherly insights, then you’ve got to be proud man because some of the son in-laws that wished such were not privileged to have one.

So, that is it, the best 2 fatherly advice Showerman’s Father in-law gave him.

Over to you

Tell us, have you been lucky to get an advice from your father in-law or you have a mean dad?

(1) (Reply)

2 Days To Go -animate Your Valentine / Fertility / Save S Rejected Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.