Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Report Lapses To My Facebook Page - Jonathan Goodluck - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Lapses To My Facebook Page - Jonathan Goodluck (514 Views)

Nigeria To Correct Lapses In Rail Agreements With China - Buhari / We’ll Correct The Lapses In The Oil Sector, Says Jonathan-finally Accepting Rot! / Army To Tackle Security Lapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Report Lapses To My Facebook Page - Jonathan Goodluck by oludashmi(f): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday urged Nigerians to report lapses capable of causing loss of lives and property to relevant government agencies and directly to his Facebook page.

In a posting on his Facebook page, Jonathan said he was committed to ensuring the safety of lives and property of all Nigerians. He also assured Nigerians that he would ensure a thorough investigation of Sunday’s road accident that claimed about 40 lives in Lagos.

Jonathan also stressed the need for government and the people to be proactive in avoiding man-made disasters nationwide. Lamenting the spate of building collapse across the country, he said he had directed the Minister of Works, Senator Sanusi Dagash, to collaborate with the 36 state governments to conduct integrity tests on ongoing building projects nationwide.

“The need to be proactive in preventing such man-made disasters has become urgent. Yesterday, I informed you that I had called for a thorough investigation into the horrific road accident in Lagos. I have also instructed the Minister of Works to work with various state governments to ensure that integrity tests are carried out on ongoing building projects to stem the tide of building collapse and its attendant loss of lives.

“In Abuja, which is under the control of the Federal Government, such tests have now commenced and will be institutionalised. I also call on the general public to be watchful for any lapses that may lead to loss of lives and to report such to the relevant agencies and also directly to me on this page. As President, my job includes using available resources to protect every limb and every life of our citizens.”

He said the nation had been lucky not to be inundated by the natural disasters reported daily in various countries.

“Our Creator the Almighty God has been good to us in Nigeria. With reports of natural disasters in other countries on our televisions, radios and newspapers almost on a daily basis, we must thank our maker for the many mercies.

“If He takes care of us we must also do what is needful to avoid the many disasters caused by human error, negligence and acts of commission or omission. We have to take steps to put an end to those incidences within our control by enforcing existing regulations better and making sure that there is consequence for wilful engagement in conduct that leads to such disasters,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201008193242785

(1) (Reply)

Fg Warns Efcc Against Rights Abuses ! / Elections Hold In January, Jonathan Signs Electoral Act, Releases Inec’s N87bill / Attention: Becomrich3 Replaced By Becomrich5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.