Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

FG Declares Two-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos-abeokuta Rail Feb.6 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Two-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos-abeokuta Rail Feb.6 (251 Views)

Osinbajo Flags Off Dredging Of Oguta Lake, Orashi River In Imo / Atiku, Saraki, Bruce, Fayose, Dogara React As Osinbajo Survives Helicopter Crash / Amaechi Take A Train Ride As He Inspect Lagos-ibadan Rail - (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Declares Two-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos-abeokuta Rail Feb.6 by ManirBK: 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2019
Ahead of the completion of the Lagos-Abeokuta section of the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail, the Federal Government has declared free train ride for residents of the area for two months.
Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi during a routine inspection of the project on Friday said the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo would flag off the free train ride on Wednesday next week (February 6).

Managing Director of the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC), Engr. Fidet Okhiria had last week said the Lagos-Abeokuta axis would be completed in 10 days.
Daily Trust reports that the Lagos-Abeokuta covers 85 kilometers of the entire 156-kilometer stretch of the project and as at the time of filing this report, the contractor, the China Civil Engineering and Construction Company (CCECC), has virtually completed the track laying.

The Minister who spoke with newsmen said he was impressed with the work so far carried out on the project, adding that two coaches would be deployed from Itakpe-Warri railway station to make four coaches which would run the free ride for two months.
He said, “I am impressed. The Vice-President will ride the train on February 6. He is coming to flag off the passengers’ use of the first phase from Lagos to Abeokuta which would reduce travel time from 1 hour 30 minutes to 45 minutes.”
On the Lagos axis, the Minister assured that it would be ready by the end of June, 2019.https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-declares-two-month-free-ride-as-osinbajo-flags-off-lagos-abeokuta-rail-feb-6.html?
oam4j mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: FG Declares Two-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos-abeokuta Rail Feb.6 by ManirBK: 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2019
This government sef! Am short of words but the pay back day is around the corner.Come February 15th that will herald FEBUHARI 16, I will pass the night at my polling unit together with my family so as to pay this government handsomely with our bundles of VOTE.
Re: FG Declares Two-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos-abeokuta Rail Feb.6 by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2019
The Ride That Will Convey Osinbajo Back To Ijebu And Buhari To Daura...

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Two-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos-abeokuta Rail Feb.6 by ManirBK: 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2019
Either campaign strategy or not people are happy do u knw d reason?
Accident=0,
Robbery=0
delay as result of faulty vehicle=0
Now tell me if this government is not laudable. Next level insha Allah
Re: FG Declares Two-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos-abeokuta Rail Feb.6 by alizma: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2019
despite the little money available, Buhari you have done a lot.
I never really knew much about Buhari because of my little interest in politics, especially that of the national level until few months to 2015 election. we were discussing about the two major contenders when an elderly person among us said "they will not let Buhari win" that got my attention and I asked, who are the people and why? then he said most of the people in the political circle are corrupt and they know very well that Buhari will not entertain that should he become the president. there and then I made up my mind to vote for him and so far so good, I am not disappointed. I tracked about 10km to and from computer village where I registered and today I can say my sacrifice is not in vain.
Thank you Mr President and his vice
Thank you Ameachi
Thank you fellow Nigerians who believe in this administration.
Re: FG Declares Two-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos-abeokuta Rail Feb.6 by Firefire(m): 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2019
Ok seen.

will one day account for all the debts.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Ooni Of Ife Expresses Support For Moghalu / Vote APC Candidates In Edo To Sustain Social Investment Programmes, ... / President Buhari's Written Instructions On How To Spud The Kolmani II River Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.