Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What A Day? What A Man? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Day? What A Man? (239 Views)

As The President Of Nigeria For A Day, What Will Be Your First Project? / If You Become The President Of Nigeria For One Day, What Will You Do? Interview! / How To Vote On Election Day, What Finger To Use - INEC issues Alert [MUST-SEE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What A Day? What A Man? by janetdaniels201: 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
*What a day? What a man?*

By Sen Babafemi Ojudu

He ( VP Osinbajo ) woke up in the morning and dashed to the airport for Yola in Adamawa State to address the annual conference of the Lutheran Church. He stood for 40 minutes without a prepared speech and held the mammoth crowd spell bound.

He moved on from there to Uyo where he did a home visit, visitations to a market in Ikot Ekpene and another in Uyo township.

We thought he was done, suddenly he asked the convoy to stop on the street of Uyo and thousands of people joined him shouting APC and Sai Baba.

We did about two kilometers on the road and with admirers of our party pushing and shoving and making their way to shake hands with him and take selfies.

From the Street Walk we drove to Ibom Hotels, a good distance from the town and entered a hall filled with men of God. Several questions thereafter he kept going strong his faith and self discipline being his guide

Down in a bigger hall were about a thousand business men and entrepreneurs waiting to be addressed on their concerns on business, government policies as it relates to the South South and Akwa Ibom State.
He calmly took their questions. I heard one in the audience said “this man is a genius” . There was no issue he failed to address from water ways to Oku Iboku Paper Mill Industry, Aluminium Smelting Company at Ikot Abasi to Coastal rail as well as the recurring issue of fighting corruption.

As a younger person with about four years in between us my legs were already reluctant and failing to obey me. He keeps going on and on and you begin to wonder what about this professor and pastor?

As at writing it is 9.05 pm and he is still talking , marketing the government and its policies, dispelling negative perceptions and winning souls for our party and government.
I have been part of campaigns since 1999 when I traveled around with an uncle who who was a top member of the Unity Party of Nigeria, my foray into campus politics, professional unionism down to my work with Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 1999 and the Ekiti engagements I have never seen anything like this. I am sneezing as I am writing and my nose running with Dr Ebi Awosika passing tissue paper to me but my principal is still bouncing as if he just got up from bed at the crow of the cock at dawn. I thought I was strong here is someone stronger than strong.

You know what he must still get to Lagos tonight and he will drive to Ogun State for an engagement. What a life? What a day? What a man?
Re: What A Day? What A Man? by unite4real: 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
Your write-up held me bound. My respect for Osinbajo. I have trust in him

(1) (Reply)

20 Hours Ago · 2019: No Vacancy In Asaba Government House – Gbagi, Urhobo Group / Jewish Community, Monarch Endorse Tony Nwulu For Imo Guber / 2019: Apc And The Fear Of Foreign Observers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.