Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,252 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Letter To The Slumbering Nigerian Youths - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letter To The Slumbering Nigerian Youths (275 Views)

Letter To The Slumbering Nigerian Youths / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / Solomon Yusuf, Kidnapped UNIMAID Lecturer Writes Letter To Wife, Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Slumbering Nigerian Youths by Deepizzle71(m): 8:51am On Feb 02, 2019
SLUMBERING YOUTHS
It's so heartbreaking that I come from a country where the youths are as irrelevant as the P in psychology. It disturbs me that most youths of Nigeria are cynics( y'all believe we can't change the status quo). Nothing saddens me than hear a youth say, 'if I have a chance to leave this country, I would never come back' or 'if only I am opportuned to be in any leadership position, I would loot funds more than my predecessors'; isn't it so heartbreaking??
When are we going to wake up from our slumbers and change the prejudices that our parents grew up with??
Youths help the gerontocratic and demagogue rulers of Nigeria in oppressing the helpless masses. To give you a clearer picture, up to 85 percent of Africans are below the age of 45, and just 5 percent are aged 60 or more, yet, they control us. Are we actually helpless??
For just a token, an old man buys our future and we still hail him like we are being controlled with a remote. Because of our silence, the biggest casualties of unemployment, poverty, illiteracy and social vice in Nigeria are its youth. Ain't we too dumb??
A youth that decides to sell his vote for a token and blames poverty is not different from our ignorant forefathers who sold their freedom and government all for mirror and salts. Youths are the leaders of tomorrow, so we were told; when is the tomorrow__After death??
We sacrifice our young lives for an old man, yet, we say are the revolution. In July 2018, an emotional message by a Zimbabwean cleric on social media sent shockwaves across his country. Protest after protest, the people of Zimbabwe – especially its young people – took to the streets to demand for better governance and improved standards of living. More young Africans – most of who are tech savvy – use social media as a trusted medium for monitoring and participating in serious social and political issues. In my own country, social medias are for jokes. Where have we lost it??
Theodore Roosevelt was 42, john Fitzgerald Kennedy was 43 while Obama was just 45 respectively when they first became the United states President. Emmanuel Macron(President of France) was just 41 years yet he led his people. In my country, a 45 year old is still sagging his trousers and making dry jokes on social medias. Do you even think at all!!
The only thing you need is you, stand up and fight for your rights, enough of the oppression, we are the revolution, we need a real change and not chicken change(as in money). This is a call to wake you up from your slumber.. Together, lets fight for change!!
Pizzle Article
Nigeria is my country��
Re: Letter To The Slumbering Nigerian Youths by Hahjascho(m): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2019
Only if Nigeria's youths can just logically be united, that is what can give promising youths directions and vision.... resulting in situations whereby as some are taking it up some are bringing it down.....You achieve a Success they turn it against you..... ask a serious question on media page you get backlashed over it......just try to make a funny wrong usage of grammar, it trends uncontrollably on social media.... why because many lack directions....Expensive Jokes every now and then.

Lack of self discovery and direction now makes a youth a potential threat to another , where are we heading to Future leaders??

I once thought of it jokingly that can Nigerians youth even decide to stay indoor and refuse to vote on election day as a stimulator to these unconcerned governments......

What we need is a united mind that reason logically together or at least see things in the same direction....

THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS COOPERATION IS ENOUGH TO BRING ABOUT A CHANGE TO THIS COUNTRY!

WE ARE CAPABLE AND ENOUGH.
Re: Letter To The Slumbering Nigerian Youths by Deepizzle71(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
You made a point Bro, political, economic and social participation is what we need.. The youths should stop sitting behind when it comes to leadership matters.. We need to stop supporting an old man and present a young candidate whom we all would support.. This way, we can make a headway afterall the youths are larger in numbers
Re: Letter To The Slumbering Nigerian Youths by CandiceJay(f): 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
This couldn't be better said. We as youths have a major role to play ensuring good governance and accountability. Sad thing is, majority of us are not even concerned

(1) (Reply)

JUST In:finally,ASUU Suspends Strike As Union Reaches Deal With FG -details / Lecturer Is Needed Apply Now / Free Accounting Class Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.