Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Is Inferiority Complex An Humility Or Pride? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Inferiority Complex An Humility Or Pride? (330 Views)

American Secret "Inferiority" / Possible Ways Of Overcoming Inferiority Complex / How To Overcome Inferiority Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Inferiority Complex An Humility Or Pride? by legalwealth(m): 9:19am On Feb 02, 2019
We were discussing about inferiority complex & he/she said this quoted below;

"Well, to some extent, I agree with you, but I think it's better than overzealous pride.�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂"

Is it correct that inferiority complex depicts humility?

As for me, I will say NO because I do not possess inferiority complex but I believe that I'm still kind of humble.

Then someone replied me on whatsapp with what can be seen below as an answer to what is above that I posted on my whatsapp's status. I think that it is worth sharing and you can see it quoted below;

" Let me paint a picture for you. Imagine a straight line.

**__________**_________**

Let's take that line as the pride spectrum.

At the left hand side is inferiority complex while at the right hand side is what we term extreme pride, and at the middle is humility.

The truth is that inferiority complex is pride in disguise. Someone who has inferiority complex retreats into themselves. In one way, it's always about them alone. The same goes along with those at the other extreme. It's always about them. Just that one openly shows it while the other privately shows it.

But at the middle us humility. They aren't full of themselves neither are they inferior. They have the right understanding of who they are and also knows how to appreciate the beauty that exists in the lives of others.

At the right hand side, those people knows who they are but are incapable of seeing the beauty in others too. It's more or less a competition to them.

Those on the right hand side doesn't know who they truly are, but are able to appreciate the beauty in others. But because they don't know that they are also important and valuable, it gives rise to inferiority complex and they only go as far as demeaning the God in them. That's not humility, that's also pride.

At both extremes are different forms of pride. It's only at the middle ground where there is humility. Humility is just the right understanding of self as well as others."

What do you have to say; to subtract from or to add to this.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Have 2009,2013,and 2014 Facebook For Sale / 'religious And Cultural' Studies Project Topics And Materials. / Applications Are Open - Kaduna Digital Entrepreneurship Incubation Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.