Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Lnb Mal-function - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lnb Mal-function (1366 Views)

Anyone Know That Samsung Galaxy S5 Have A Function That We Can Hide Our Pics? / Stone Production Line Relay Electrical Operation And Function / Zopo C2 with capabilities function of S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lnb Mal-function by warrendam(m): 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2010
Hi Friends,
I have 2 LNBs( 1 new and the other old) with a 1.8m solid dish. The old lnb can enable me receive and watch Citizen Tv on Intelsat 902 at 62East but when I interchange them and have the new LnB (Eurostar type) at 62East, I can't receive it(Citizen Tv).

I really want the old Lnb to be placed at 64East and the new one at 62East, where Citizen Tv is.

Could some one help me understand why the new lnb is not receiving Citizen Tv and possible solutions to that?

Many thanks.
Re: Lnb Mal-function by Abbaj: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
The Mhz frequency of your old Lnd is higher than dat of the new one you bought. Compare the two mhz frequency and u wil know coz not all Lnd are thesame
Re: Lnb Mal-function by warrendam(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2010
Thanks very much Abba j, am really very grateful. This has enlightened me; that means one has to take care when buying not only LNBs but also other gadgets.

Anyhow, which type of LNB would you recommend and of what Mhz Frequency?

Many thanks.
Re: Lnb Mal-function by Abbaj: 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2010
I recommend you buy a strong LNB , replace the Lnb plastic blade that comes with The Lnb with a light transparent glass. E.g window luvers. Its gona work well. Taky man!
Re: Lnb Mal-function by warrendam(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2010
Thanks Abba j, however, am not sure I know the plastic blade you are talking about. Do you mean the di-electric plate?

Secondly, I have not come across an LNB called Strong, did u mean a strong LNB or the brand of an LNB called Strong?

Thanks.
Re: Lnb Mal-function by Abbaj: 1:46am On Aug 28, 2010
Its a brand of Lnb called strong. It comes with a little square plastic to be inserted to the Lnb but i prefer you cut a transparent glass exactly the little plastic and insert horizontally in the Lnb. Gudluck!

(1) (Reply)

Indian Astrosat Space Observatory Discovers New Feature Of Black Hole / Nigerian Man Recognized By American Chemical Society For Scientific Review / Five Of The Best Locations For Home Security Cameras< CCTV INSTALLATION >

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.