Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? (1361 Views)

How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation / Iron Your Clothes With Any Type Of Generator / Iron Your Cloth With Or Without Nepa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? by happyday: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
Hey folks,
I have been using the normal Philips Iron to fix my clothes; AND THEN Came the incessant power outages in my area in Ibadan. How do I get any product or appliance that irons clothes smoothly without power??
Thanks a ton.
Re: Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? by NnamdiN: 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
Put hot beans for stainless plate. cool

1 Like

Re: Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? by ITbomb(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
NnamdiN: Put hot beans for stainless plate. cool
nairaland_where most mentally sick ppl meet online.
I situation like this , you can not differentiate the sick from the able bodied
Re: Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? by NnamdiN: 6:49am On Feb 24, 2013
ITbomb: nairaland_where most mentally sick ppl meet online.
I situation like this , you can not differentiate the sick from the able bodied
LMAO grin
Re: Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
You can buy charcoal iron, op. Don't worry it won't stain your clothes, the charcoal is inside the cavity in the iron not on the surface. Ask the seller to explain how it works to you.

^^^^^^^^^
Charcoal iron.

1 Like

Re: Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? by happyday: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
NnamdiN: Put hot beans for stainless plate. cool
lol, bros u dey funny gan o.
Anyways, comment appreciated.
That's what you think.
Re: Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? by happyday: 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
fellis: You can buy charcoal iron, op. Don't worry it won't stain your clothes, the charcoal is inside the cavity in the iron not on the surface. Ask the seller to explain how it works to you.

^^^^^^^^^
Charcoal iron.
Thanks a bunch.
Will check this out.
Please more ideas needed.
Re: Hi, How Do You Iron Your Laundry With Nigeria's Erratic Power Supply? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
happyday: Thanks a bunch.
Will check this out.
Please more ideas needed.

Linen smoothers: stones, glass, presses
Flattish hand-size stones could be rubbed over woven cloth to smooth it, polish it, or to press in pleated folds. Simple round linen smoothers made of dark glass have been found in many Viking women's graves, and are believed to have been used with smoothing boards.

Mangle boards, box mangles
The board is pressed back and forth across cloth wound on the roller.

Pans filled with hot coals were pressed over stretched cloth as illustrated in the drawing to the right. A thousand years ago this method was already well-established.

(1) (Reply)

Android News- A New Os Version 4.4 'kit-kat' Coming In October / Man Killed 18ft Python In Ilorin (pics) / 0.0179 Btc For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.