Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

What If Christians Ruled The World ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Christians Ruled The World ? (2233 Views)

When Satan Ruled The Earth! / What If Christians Missionaries Didn't Come To Africa? / If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 02, 2019
Let us assume that EVANGELICAL and PENTECOSTAL Christians in ALL of Europe, Americas , 1/2 of Africa and parts of Asia gain total and complete political and economic power, do you think this will be a good thing for HUMANITY or NOT ?

For those of you who do not know what Dominion theology is, this is how Wikipedia defines it ;
'Dominion theology (also known as dominionism) is a group of Christian political ideologies that seek to institute a nation governed by Christians based on their personal understandings of biblical law.'

- Will Christians fight against each other, or will they be united in ONE BELIEF and ONE FAITH
- What part will the CATHOLIC CHURCH play in all of this , or will they be sidelined ?
- Will JW and Mormons be welcomed into government to rule as co-equals ?
- Will they allow Atheism and Agnosticism to continue running rampant
- What will happen to Christians who leave the faith
- Will Muslims be allowed to proselytise as they are apt to do
- What will happen to the rights of women or will it be once again strictly fashioned according to the bible
- Will Christians be given preferential treatment above all MEN and WOMEN
- Will free thinkers be allowed to continue with their strong criticism of the bible and of so called MEN of GOD

Your thoughts !!

1 Like

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Jentle244: 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2019
Well I think satan will still find a way to penetrate, divide and try to conquer but the ROCK OF AGES will always and will always be there to defeat satan just like what he did on the cross of calvary
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 03, 2019
Jentle244:
Well I think satan will still find a way to penetrate, divide and try to conquer but the ROCK OF AGES will always and will always be there to defeat satan just like what he did on the cross of calvary

Your point is ?

1 Like

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by tonyimadu: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2019
It had happened before in midle aged Europe. It led to wars and blood and poverty.

3 Likes

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 03, 2019
tonyimadu:
It had happened before in midle aged Europe. It led to wars and blood and poverty.

I remember yes - it ushered in the dark ages, the inquisitions and mass murder.

5 Likes

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by tonyimadu: 9:58am On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

Diversity has blessed the world more than any single religion.

2 Likes

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Richirich713: 10:30am On Feb 03, 2019
I think it will be a good thing if they followed the core teachings of the new testament, primarily the commands to love your neighbor as yourself, live in peace with everyone, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 03, 2019
Richirich713:
I think it will be a good thing if they followed the core teachings of the new testament, primarily the commands to love your neighbor as yourself, live in peace with everyone, etc.

What about this new testament teaching ;

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" - Luke 19:27

3 Likes

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Richirich713: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" - Luke 19:27

That's the words of a character in the parable of the ten minas. It's not a command for christians to kill their enemies. Chapter 6 in Luke's Gospel makes it pretty clear that christians should love their enemies and "do good to those who hate you".

1 Like

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by shadeyinka(m): 11:32am On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:
Let us assume that EVANGELICAL and PENTECOSTAL Christians in ALL of Europe, Americas , 1/2 of Africa and parts of Asia gain total and complete political and economic power, do you think this will be a good thing for HUMANITY or NOT ?

For those of you who do not know what Dominion theology is, this is how Wikipedia defines it ;
'Dominion theology (also known as dominionism) is a group of Christian political ideologies that seek to institute a nation governed by Christians based on their personal understandings of biblical law.'

-

Your thoughts !!
I think the question you should ask is:
If everyone in this world lived PERFECTLY according to the teachings of Christ Jesus; what would the world look like.

No Christian is perfect!
They are still like everyone else BUT they know what is expected of them AND it is not always easy to do!

1 Like

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

- Will Christians fight against each other, or will they be united in ONE BELIEF and ONE FAITH
- What part will the CATHOLIC CHURCH play in all of this , or will they be sidelined ?
- What will happen to the rights of women or will it be once again strictly fashioned according to the bible
- Will free thinkers be allowed to continue with their strong criticism of the bible and of so called MEN of GOD

Your thoughts !!
When you ask beautiful questions like this but bent on mixing everything up to stir up confusion yourself,i'll just stay clear to allow you do your thing since you're determined to condemn FAITH just because you've been let down by misinformed churchgoers and their greedy leaders claiming Christians!
Well let me answer your question by saying "if the earth should come under the rulership of TRUE Christians, Paradise is here already!"
Don't keep deceiving yourself with the contradictions going on in the false religious system you're seeing in the world. Focus on what Jesus said Himself! For instance Jesus taught those that will rule with him these important things!
*They're to become SLAVES for their subjects! Matthew 20:26,Mark 9:35
*They're to allow the subjects to have the most honourable seats always! Matthew 23:12
*They're to ALWAYS give out whatever their subjects demands of them! Matthew 5:39,40
*They're not to think of revenge or harbor resentment! Matthew 6:14,15
*They're to put the interest of their subjects FIRST ahead of their own! Philippians 3:2
Please these are few of the REQUIREMENTS of being part of those that will rule with Jesus,so if you have rulers all having these at the back of their minds even before they are appointed,try to imagine how the earth will be under their rulership? Revelations 20:6
Well it's not just a dream but the wisest,most intelligent being made the promise,so it will actually come to reality! Revelations 21:5
All these politicians whose rulership is under the influence and manipulations of Satan will be exterminated. Daniel 2:44 compared to John 14:30,1John 5:19
And Jesus will rule the earth with 144,000 selected ones out of all those who have wholeheartedly subjected themselves to His teachings! Revelations 14:1,20:3-6
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2019
tonyimadu:
That wasn't the Christianity that Christ handed down to us. That was Political Catholic Church fighting to control men. Jesus is Freedom.

If Christ rules this world, which will happen soon enough, no one shall be controlled.
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

Your thoughts !!
Frosbel, you need not assume, it shall happen very soon. Jesus shall down here and for 1000yrs the Christians shall rule this earth. But, sadly, you shall not be here to witness it.

I thought you said you were a Christian for 20yrs, how did you miss this?
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

And you can sincerely with all honesty say what the Catholic Church did then was precept upon precept, word upon word, instruction upon instruction from Jesus?
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

And this came from him who claims he was a Christian for 20yrs. lolzzz. That is Jesus telling you what will be the fate of those who will choose death over Life on the Last day.

If you insist that the Lord Jesus means what He said there literarily, then you and all the evil doers who reject Him should have been killed. Are you dead?

With all your evil intents and all you have done against Him, do you think you'd be alive by now?
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by spongeisback: 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
If Christians ruled the world then we would all be scared of cockroaches. Owls, cats and dogs will be extinct, churches would be opened from Mondays to Sundays where prayers will be made for god to bless us instead of offices, more deaths, less education.The world will be a mess. Don't believe me? Go to Akwaibom and Rivers state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Jentle244: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

Your point is ?

You don't get it? Sheeez! U er a dumb ass
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
Jentle244:

You don't get it? Sheeez! U er a dumb ass

Just as I thought, another Christian illiterate CLOWN !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
Anas09:

And you can sincerely with all honesty say what the Catholic Church did then was precept upon precept, word upon word, instruction upon instruction from Jesus?

How do I know, you are the expert. Tell me !
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
Anas09:

And this came from him who claims he was a Christian for 20yrs. lolzzz. That is Jesus telling you what will be the fate of those who will choose death over Life on the Last day.

If you insist that the Lord Jesus means what He said there literarily, then you and all the evil doers who reject Him should have been killed. Are you dead?

With all your evil intents and all you have done against Him, do you think you'd be alive by now?

But he also said :

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" - Matthew 5:44

How can I love my enemies when I plan to kill them with the most inhumane of methods ?
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

But he also said :

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" - Matthew 5:44

How can I love my enemies when I plan to kill them with the most inhumane of methods ?
Which inhuman methods did Jesus tell you to use against your enemies? Are you sure you were ever a Churchgoer?

Jesus says, Love your enemies, prayer for them that seek your hurt. If they are hungry, give to them.

Where did He say kill them?
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

How do I know, you are the expert. Tell me !
You were a Christian for 20yrs. You shd know. You boasted and said you know scriptures inside out. So, go ahead prove that the Catholic Church acted based on the teachings of Jesus.
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by MrPresident1: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

You have become a piece of bone that dogs are playing with and tossing about. How I wish you can see.

You have become the play thing of dogs
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2019
Frosbel. Would the world be a better place in Atheists rule the world?
Will Totalitarianism be the best system of government for Man?
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
Anas09:

Which inhuman methods did Jesus tell you to use against your enemies? Are you sure you were ever a Churchgoer?

Jesus says, Love your enemies, prayer for them that seek your hurt. If they are hungry, give to them.

Where did He say kill them?

"The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" - Matthew 13:41-42
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
MrPresident1:

You have become a piece of bone that dogs are playing with and tossing about. How I wish you can see.

Lol - you are a funny chap !
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
MrPresident1:

He has always been sir.
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
Anas09:

You were a Christian for 20yrs. You shd know. You boasted and said you know scriptures inside out. So, go ahead prove that the Catholic Church acted based on the teachings of Jesus.

I am giving you a long rope to ..............

Carry on !

cool
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2019
Anas09:

He has always been sir.

But the Christian ' CLOWNS' do not sing from the same hymn sheet - what do you call that ?
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

But the Christian ' CLOWNS' do not sing from the same hymn sheet - what do you call that ?
Are you high? What has this got to do with your Op?
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

I am giving you a long rope to ..............
Carry on !
cool
I think you drunk. When you are sober come back. Now, kick rocks.
Re: What If Christians Ruled The World ? by Anas09: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
frosbel2:

"The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" - Matthew 13:41-42
I thought your Op is about the present world government?

This boy is high on cheap glue.

If you want us to talk abt your fate in the AfterLife, we can do that, but now it's abt now.

Hey, go and sleep off that cheap glue you sniffed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quran Contradiction: Truth Or Fallacy / I Have Tried / Mohammed Vs Hitler!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.