Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? (1472 Views)

Strike Still On, Says ASUU President / ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' / Opinion : When Will ASUU Say The Truth In LASU? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by Ireayo01(m): 1:45am On Feb 03, 2019
The strike began late last year.

sad sadSince then, series of meetings have been called to put a stop to this strike but all to no avail.

ASUU is always unstable with their offer all the time.
220 billion then 36 billion then 50billion then 15% for education in the national budget

The Government is always informing the press they have come to a resolution and disbursed the money discussed to the respective universities

Then comes ASUU disclaiming all the government must have told the press, putting the nation and the lives of the students in dilemma.

Is this ongoing strike political?
What is the way forward?
Can the strike still end before the elections commence?

Share Your Views sad

1 Like

Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by sundayoga(m): 3:22am On Feb 03, 2019
Who knows? Check my signature
Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 03, 2019
sundayoga:
Who knows? Check my signature
Check ur smelling signature so what will happen
Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:49am On Feb 03, 2019
Very unlikely.

FG has called their bluff.

Now that ASUU has seen they can't blackmail the FG with elections.... they would rush to accept FG terms.

If PMB enters 2nd term before they accept what's offered...believe me they would lose out. Nigerian students will lose out too. FG wouldn't be reasonable with them again.

ASUU overplayed their hands.

2 Likes

Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by Youngsage: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
March
Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
Am optimistic that it will be called off this week
Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by Elimon(m): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
Very unlikely.

Now that ASUU has seen they can't blackmail the FG with elections.... they would rush to accept FG terms.

If PMB enters 2nd term before they accept what's offered...believe me they would lose out. Nigerian students will lose out too. FG wouldn't be reasonable with them again.

you just spoke my mind
Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by freemanbubble: 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
Very unlikely.

Exactly bro
Them Don dey feel am

Now dey are fidgeting
Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by Ireayo01(m): 6:35am On Feb 05, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
Very unlikely.

Exactly. They are too variable in their request. ASUU wants to press highest on FG to extract their maximum amount before the election because they know a considerable amount of the electorates are in the university system. But their tactics is too superfluous now. They've overplayed their cards
Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by Ireayo01(m): 6:36am On Feb 05, 2019
Youngsage:
March

Aah! Abeg! No na. It can't reach that o.
Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by StellarThesis: 7:45am On Feb 05, 2019
We write your projects devoid of any form of plagiarism and tailored to meet your departmental requirements

Re: Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? by twosquare(m): 8:14am On Feb 05, 2019
Most likely after election. They're trying to see what will happen perhaps. It's a gamble. If Atiku wins, there will be some sort of renegotiation. ASUU also won't want students to travel to and fro because of elections, and politicians will want to use some of these students too. So, expect it after election.

(1) (Reply)

Have I Been Cheated? / Big Sister Naija Premium Reality Tv Show / Please Help Am Really Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.