Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,284 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun (597 Views)

PEPT: Why Did Wole Olanipekun Ignore Osun Ruling To Quote Shagari Ruling Of 1979 / Meet Wole Olanipekun; Tinubu's Lead Counsel At The Presidential Tribunal / Wole Olanipekun, 49 Others To Defend Tinubu At Electoral Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by chozzy: 7:12am On Feb 03, 2019
Onnoghen: I wasn’t part of Abba Kyari's meeting

Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN), the lead counsel for the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, says he did not hold any meeting with the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, on Thursday.

Olanipekun, who is a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, said he did not know if there was a meeting between Kyari and some persons representing Onnoghen.

Speaking with our correspondent on the telephone on Saturday, however, Olanipekun said if such a meeting held, he was not part of it.

The senior advocate added, “I have never met with Abba Kyari before in my life. I only know him by reputation as the President’s chief of staff but I have never sat with him before..”

Olanipekun, however, defended his decision to defend the suspended CJN.

He said he believed democratic institutions should be preserved and insulated from politics, vowing to continue to defend them.

The former NBA President said, “My decision to defend the CJN is not for personal gain but for the good of democracy. I strongly believe in the independence of the three arms of government and the rule of law.

“It is for the sake of democracy that I am taking up this case and when the case is over, I will speak extensively but for now, I will refrain from making further comments. Let it be on record that I, Wole Olanipekun, never met with Abba Kyari.”

Some lawyers were said to have met with Kyari last week in a bid to prevent the trial of Onnoghen before the CCT on Monday.

https://punchng.com/onnoghen-i-wasnt-part-of-abba-kyari-meeting-olanipekun/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by StupidInyamiri: 7:14am On Feb 03, 2019
Chei! Even if Atiku steals pants for rituals & Obasanjo (who sleeps with his daughter-in-law) dies & resurrects, Atiku will never govern Nigeria as President! Mark my Word!
Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:16am On Feb 03, 2019
grin grin Zombies were masturbating over fake news that the CJN was begging to resign.Bunch of clowns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by nwanyionitsha: 7:51am On Feb 03, 2019
StupidInyamiri:
Chei! Even if Atiku steals pants for rituals & Obasanjo (who sleeps with his daughter-in-law) dies & resurrects, Atiku will never govern Nigeria as President! Mark my Word!
See this one with his one vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by saintjimos(m): 8:10am On Feb 03, 2019
ANYTHING FOR THE MONEY

POLITICIANS ARE SELFISH SET OF HUMANS
Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by AroleOduduwa(m): 9:05am On Feb 03, 2019
APC are just spreading fake rumor to make it seem like the CJN is guilty of corruption, the man is still fighting with everything in him and I see him winning, because him and Tanko will be relieved of their duty and a southerner will emerge as the CJN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by ignant: 9:47am On Feb 03, 2019
The intention of the FG should not be strange to anyone who has paid attention to their propaganda.

What the FG is doing is to disperse its agents throughout social media to malign the images of those whom it considers as "opposition". The FG intends to have these people convicted on the pages of newspapers and on the internet irrespective of whether their accusations have merit or not.

Because the matter is in court and the parties involved would not speak on it, the FG's agents would want to convince YOU to convict people in YOUR minds.

In psychology, this is called "gaslighting".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by chozzy: 10:17am On Feb 03, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
grin grin Zombies were masturbating over fake news that the CJN was begging to resign.Bunch of clowns.
Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by chichar1(f): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2019
StupidInyamiri:
your stupidity and nuisance is getting out of hand, mind you, you are not God!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Onnonghen: It's A Lie That I Visited Abba Kyari - Wole Olanipekun by chichar1(f): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2019
ignant:
The intention of the FG should not be strange to anyone who has paid attention to their propaganda.

What the FG is doing is to disperse its agents throughout social media to malign the images of those whom it considers as "opposition". The FG intends to have these people convicted on the pages of newspapers and on the internet irrespective of whether their accusations have merit or not.

Because the matter is in court and the parties involved would not speak on it, the FG's agents would want to convince YOU to convict people in YOUR minds.

In psychology, this is called "gaslighting".
thank you my dear!!!!!!!! keep it up!!!!! let those who have ear, hear!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Northern Christian Added Muslim Names To Their Names? / Before You Vote On Saturday, Read Page 3 Of This Report / INEC Office In Imo On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.