Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Lionel Messi Set To Miss Real Madrid Clash With Injury - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Set To Miss Real Madrid Clash With Injury (443 Views)

Hazard Ruled Out Of The First El Clasico Of The Season With Injury / Mikel To Play Argentina Match With Injury. / God Punished Mohamed Salah With Injury For Breaking His Fast – Islamic Preacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Set To Miss Real Madrid Clash With Injury by pre5: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
toptipz.com.ng

Lionel Messi Set To Miss Real Madrid Clash With Injury

Barcelona talisman, Lionel Messi, is a doubt for Wednesday’s Copa del Rey’s semi-final against Real Madrid, after sustaining a thigh injury in the 2-2 draw with Valencia on Saturday.

Messi scored twice, as the hosts came from 2-0 down to earn a point and extend their lead at the top of LaLiga to six points.

It took his tally to 11 in the last nine matches in all competitions.

However, it was not without cost as he needed treatment for what appeared to be a dead leg shortly after equalising.

Manager Ernesto Valverde does not know if he will recover in time for the fixture.

“(Messi) has a small problem. I can’t say exactly what problem he has, I don’t know,’ he told a press conference after the match.

“We will have to wait to see what medical staff say. If he’s in good shape, he’ll play on Wednesday. We will wait. I imagine it’s nothing, but we’ll wait a few hours. Leo didn’t ask me to sub him off,” Valverde told reporters after the game.

Source:http://www.toptipz.com.ng/lionel-messi-set-to-miss-real-madrid-clash-with-injury/

(1) (Reply)

Why Manchester United Can Still Win The Premier League / 'ronaldo 5, Atletico Madrid 0' - Juventus Star Comes Out Fighting Despite Loss / BARCELONA Vs. LYON (LIVE UPDATES) 13 MAR 2019. UEFA Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.