Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

4gunners's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4gunners's Profile / 4gunners's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 41 pages)

Politics / Re: Yahaya Bello: North Central Group Seeks Tinubu's Intervention Over EFCC Probe by 4gunners(m): 7:40pm On Apr 27
Kremlingrad:
Tinubu intervention for what exactly? Which kain corntree be this?
Really terrible.

1 Like

Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 10:12pm On Apr 16
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey šŸ¤ 

1. Your last paragraph made me believe that you are a genuine PhD candidate. By years long research, 95% of PhD students are doing it for the natural love for education and all of them prefers the doctorate degree to any achievements of life.

2. The department you applied to does not (presently) have fundings for incoming PhD applicants, and perhaps , the few professors in that department grin could not or have not secured research grants. Hence, they don't want you on PhD for now.

3. If the above is not the case then you do not have the required qualifications to get into their PhD. ** If you are very certain of your academic qualifications, then don't accept the Msc offer. Look out for other Public Reaearch Universities .

Best Wishes šŸ™
Your first statement made me laugh grin You mean ā€œdoctorate degreeā€ is the reason theyā€™re alive.
Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 11:14pm On Apr 09
sunspartech:

Help please!!!
They should get back to you.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City: UCL (3 - 3) On 9th April 2024 by 4gunners(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09
greypencils:
This ref dey craze o
E pass craze.. I think he wast ready for the big occasion. Very naive ref.

1 Like

Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 4:58pm On Apr 06
fearlessfang:
Irritant peasant, I literally mentioned in my last message that it is at the discretion of the VO.

But you docile cowards being manned by a mannequin always fail to use the little sawdust left in your thick skull
Hey, hope youā€™re not going through any challenges. Be calm please, you will push through.

6 Likes

Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06
fearlessfang:
Whenever I have the bandwidth, I would come here and address fully about home ties.

Don't mind those racoons telling you, you need have landed property, billions, business, wife, kids to prove home ties.

There are several factors that a visa officer is looking out for.
1. Are you a genuine student who is going to the US to school and not for any other purpose the visa doesn't serve?
2. When such questions as "What do you intend to do after studies" is pretty much your home tie. US embassy in so many occasion do not even ask you for a single document. Here they are expecting you to state what you'll do after studies. Response like this would take away your immigrant intent "I intend to return to Nigeria and do x and x or I intend to Nigeria to continue with my present company on x and x capacity."
3. Remember that F-1 is a non-immigrant visa and the Visa Officer is there to look out if you are going to abide by your visa class, meaning they expect that after your studies you have plans of leaving the US or returning to Nigeria.
4. Visa interview on a good day do not even last more than 3-5 mins. I can tell mine didn't last more than 3 mins as only 3 questions was asked, now what time does the visa officer start accessing if you have billions saved, landed property, businesses etc.
5. The visa officers are addressing and adjudicating based on their discretion.

I don't have much time at the moment, but I'll be devoting 30 mins every weekend to shed more lights on interview questions.

Please, stay the hell away from Agents on this thread. Stay away, they are all hungry peasants
lol You just reinforced some of the points made by the ā€œracoonsā€. One size doesnā€™t fits it all in terms of showing home ties. Either by having a good job, a family in Nigeria or whichever way, you need to show ties to Nigeria.

At end of they itā€™s still at the discretion of the VO, You might be jobless, single and still get approved.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Convert Your Dollars To Naira Before Dangote Refinery Starts ā€“ Omokri To Nigeria by 4gunners(m): 2:08am On Apr 05
Richtaiwo:

No, that's not what he is talking about. He also never said Dangote owns Nigeria. So don't attempt changing what he said out hate for Nigeria. What he said is; change your dollars to naira (that's is you have any) before Dangote refinery products hit the market which will expectedly bring down the dollars.
It baffles me how people only rejoice when itā€™s negative news when it comes to Nigeria. Why will you hates your own country to that extent.

1 Like

Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 4:11am On Mar 31
liliberth:
Please i want to ask, I have a Visitors Visa, i am a practicing nurse in uk but i want to go for my masters in usa, what are my chances of getting a usa study visa?
Very high, so far youā€™ve used your visa rightly.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Army Declares Manhunt For Killers Of 16 Soldiers In Okuoma, Delta; Few Arrested by 4gunners(m): 10:31pm On Mar 17
Fr33born:
Instead of going into the creek and looking for the killers, they are busy burning people's houses in the village and arresting innocent youths of the community.
Something they'll never try in the Northern Nigeria even if 100 Generals are killed there.
Terrorists in uniform
The way some of you defend rubbish ehn
Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 10:07pm On Mar 17
Localboy48:
Please can someone help out?

I just noticed I made some errors in the DS-160 I filled which I have already submitted, and Iā€™ve entered the application ID in my ustravel where Iā€™m looking for F-1 visa interview date?

To update my new DS-160 with correct information, what do I need to do? Should I just go ahead and fill another DS-160 or what?
You should fill another DS-160, and update application ID on F1-Visa.

1 Like

Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 2:56am On Mar 17
cybergeek:
Hello everyone!

My name is Adeolu, I'm new here and also quite new to the graduate school application process. I applied to 3 schools in the US which include Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia State University, and Illinois State University. I recently got an admission offer from Georgia Tech but I am confused about the next step forward.

Out of the 3 schools I applied to, Georgia Tech is my most preferred option but it doesn't come readily with funding. From the letter I got, I read that you have to source the funding yourself as a master's student.

Can I accept the offer from Georgia Tech and later abandon it if I get a fully funded offer from the other schools I applied to(I've not gotten an admission decision from them yet)?

If I accept Georgia Tech's offer what exactly is the next step I'm meant to take, especially in looking for funding?
I don't have any sponsor and I am new to the whole process. Please what are the necessary steps I should start taking now that can help me move forward in this journey?

Thank you and God bless you!
Sure!
Health / Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad ā€“ FG by 4gunners(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10
Eniolohunda:
Honestly I support this as well, Nigerians still carry their greedyness abroad. If not, You know you are leaving a job already, why will you take leave of absence, collecting two salaries, blocking those that were supposed to be employed in the position and at the same time, adding your burden on the remaining colleagues.
They should stop paying people, it is that simple!

1 Like

Crime / Re: Nigerian Gets 10-Year Sentence In US For Romance Fraud, BEC Schemes by 4gunners(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08
gidyambi:
This guy is my University course mate at ABU Zaria, we called him then 'Oloye'. Lawal was business oriented since our undergraduate days 12years ago. He used to brought Phones from Lagos and sale to student. A very kind and easy going man. Since we graduated he left for US in 2013 and he has been importing cars to Nigeria.

Below is his page in our class photo album.
Now, he is going to spend so many years behind the bar. I have no pity for him. Fraud isnā€™t good!
Politics / Re: Pilots Survive As Air Force Suffers Mishap In Kaduna by 4gunners(m): 7:06am On Mar 08
Frolik:

lol if FBI gets you šŸ˜‚
Travel / Re: Another Plane Crash In US Claims Several Lives Weeks After Wigwe's Incident by 4gunners(m): 12:40am On Mar 06
AfroBeatDiary:
Air remains the most Very dangerous means of transportation and it's high time the world phase out all this small body engine aircraft, most of them are not well maintained and already of age.
Americans like to explore. ā€œI want to enjoy solo rideā€
Crime / Re: Nigerian Gets 10-Year Sentence In US For Romance Fraud, BEC Schemes by 4gunners(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10
Calitoscassius:
They never think! Thesedays any transaction can be traced it doesn't matter how one tries to hide or forge anything, everything can be traced. There are a huge team of investigators paid huges amount of money to do these jobs allday all week and all month, night and day.
Ordinary driver license gave him away. In the developed nation, you canā€™t get away with things like this.Eventually they will get you. Unfortunately, guys donā€™t learn. We still have them across the states feeling invincible. Itā€™s a matter of time.

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Fulham Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 31st December 2023 by 4gunners(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
Dougad:

Proverbs 11:2:
When pride comes, disgrace follows

It feels so beautiful watching someone so arrogant fall on their face šŸ¤£

No achievement in 20 years yet they claim to have to the best squad in England

Saka better then Foden and Rodrygo
Martinelli better than Vini jr
Odegard better than De Bruyne

The list just goes on and on yet nothing to show for it
We will come out of it stronger.

2 Likes

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Fulham Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 31st December 2023 by 4gunners(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
Dougad:
Title pretenders. angry angry

Unlike last season where they bottled with just few games left, they are complete ass this season. šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

So arrogant yet Saka was just 2 years old when they last won the league. No European title either.

Yet there enter Twitter dey shout "Give us Madrid" LMAO

Bunch of clowns šŸ¤£
Why are you so happy
Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 5:59am On Dec 15, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey šŸ¤ 

Bleep off !! That is the lies and fake transcripts you are posting all about ....you are evil click .

One will come and and post fake visa success , before you know it like 10 will be typing congratulations.

Many of you who claimed to have gotten visas since 4 or 5 years ago what are you still doing on Nairaland ?? šŸ˜ƒ

That's the only grammar you all know , you are misleading people , are those people i am misleading dummy ?

Asshole s .
Youā€™re trolling! I wonā€™t respond again.

3 Likes

Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 4:03am On Dec 15, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey šŸ¤ 

Thank you . Leave me alone , let's end it that way . I am not here for anybody. I am using this medium to refresh my brain and to make friends , as well as using it as an opportunity to be relevant to the society.

Best Wishes šŸ™
Youā€™re misleading people. Obviously you havenā€™t gone through the process.

5 Likes

Car Talk / Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by 4gunners(m): 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
wunmi590:

My fiance now my wife took me to her house, to show them her bobo..

So two jalopy was in their compound ( Peugeot 504, manual gear and Toyota camry 2000, automatic gear).

After some little discussion with me, father-law wanted to drop his friend home, so he called me to please help him to drive the Camry at the back, which is an automatic gear out, so that he can move the Peugeot, that man like that car like die..

Naso I no fit drive oooo...

He just called my wife from the kitchen to drive it out, that was how I got to know my wife knows how to drive both manual and automatic...

Immediately I got home, omo, I go learn automatic car, make the man no use me shine again šŸ˜€
grin grin
Food / Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK Ā£10 by 4gunners(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
which part of Texas?
Austin Area
Food / Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK Ā£10 by 4gunners(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
steeltrust:
oga food, clothes, gas, transportation, light etc are all cheap here

Cars, mortgage, house mortgage , house rent or buying of car are the things that are expensive here
With a minimum of 4000$ you will be able to live very well

I live in Chicago
I just got my CDL class A driving license and Iā€™m still in training and I get paid 200$ daily
And once I free and fully employed Iā€™ll be paid 33$ An hour

If you never comot for Nigeria
You no go know say you de survive and not living and as a truck driver that has at least 33months of experience Iā€™ll get 98,000$ to 100ā€™000$

If you can japa from naija do so
Even them go pay you 500k a month
Japa oh
Wishing you the best. Truck driving is quite attractive but for the long hours someone has to be on the road. Iā€™m in Tx btw.

1 Like

Food / Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK Ā£10 by 4gunners(m): 10:53pm On Dec 02, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.
Apt!
Family / Re: Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? by 4gunners(m): 4:04am On Dec 02, 2023
pansophist:

I wrote about the bolded in the link below two years ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/6821682/experience-nigerian-ladies-west/2#107097872

In truth, there is a subset of women who are playing it safe and won't entangle with a new immigrant, because, unlike men, women's mistakes are fatal, and might not be corrected (eg being older and a single mom in debt because a wicked man used you). That's a recipe for permanent singledom.

So I don't blame such women who just avoid new immigrants or men whom they think havent reached a particular level since it's unlikely these men are looking for someone to use.

The heart of (wo)man is wicked, and it's always advisable to play safe, rather than sorry.

Most importantly, the relational dynamic between someone who has something (let's call her Mary), and the other person who doesn't have much (let's call him John), is that Mary has the responsibility to give out more.

Since Mary and John both understand that John doesn't have, Mary will keep helping John, giving him, in the hope that if John is in her shoes, he will do the same.

In such an unequal dynamic, it is hard for Mary to know John's true intent, since it's in Johns's interest to be on his best behavior and keep playing along. The virtue of John has not and cannot be tested in these circumstances.

It is the same dynamic with men who just sponsor girls in uni, and are heartbroken later on because such an unequal dynamic only favors the person that has nothing.

When the virtue of John's will is put to the test, is when he has leveled up and doesn't need Mary anymore. This is a risky game the average woman will not take, and women by default, know these dynamics very well. Women are far socially smarter than the average man.

This is deep. Youā€™re definitely a smart dude.
Family / Re: Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? by 4gunners(m): 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2023
o123456789:
Well, a male classmate who happens to be in Germany told me the exact reason why Nigerian men often go for Nigerian women, and the reason he gave is because of crime!!! He explained to me that for example there is a high level of tolerance of domestic violence from Nigerian women but white women don't do that. Secondly Nigerian men who are into crime or plans to go into crime in future are the ones that value Nigerian women because they will never report you to the authorities, but no matter how small a crime is a white woman must report you. On the other hand good Nigerian women always avoid Nigerian men abroad because most of them will implicate you in one crime or the other. I told him that if not that I am already married before traveling to Germany for the first time I would have married a German woman just like him, and take her to any country I reside in because his assertions are true.
. Which assertion is true? Someone used thesame brush to paint all your country men without any data to back it up, and you claim it is true. Have you met all the Nigerians in Germany?
Sports / Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by 4gunners(m): 4:59am On Sep 12, 2023
ddooskie:

There is a firm of steroids that some body builders use to enhance their body building. In athletics, some athletes may misuse synthetic versions of testosterone, often referred to as "anabolic steroids," to enhance their performance and gain a competitive advantage.
Does that not have the potential of affecting them health wise ?
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by 4gunners(m): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
UDUJ:
This is laughable

Majority of them sold their houses and landed properties.

Others left high paying jobs for the mirage of the UK

SMH
grin grin
Crime / Re: MAY NGO Reels Out One Year Action Plan Against Human Trafficking, Sexual Violenc by 4gunners(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
grin
Evolutionlove:
Time for them to CashOut from the National Cake. Awon Ebi Sodeekigrin

Let me too fasten up my own NGO plans.

End human traffic ko, End lagos traffic nii.
grin

1 Like

Politics / Re: CIA Deadly Agents Watch Shettima Like A Hawk At The Russian Summit by 4gunners(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
olisaEze:
Out of all the conspiracy theories I have heard, this has got to be the conspiraciest of them all! This is exactly why kids in the villages were sent to the farm on Saturdays. So their imagination will not carry them to where they donā€™t know. grin
grin grin

1 Like

Business / Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by 4gunners(m): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
superjaks:
Can someone recreate this feat in this present dispensation?

Food for thought
GB of Flutterwave is on thesame trajectory.
Car Talk / Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by 4gunners(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
YOUNGELDER1:

Like itā€™s crazy !

Youā€™re not the only one . I bought fuel of 32k just 1 week ago, the fuel gauge has dropped now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 41 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.