Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,444 members, 7,861,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

4ortyse7en's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4ortyse7en's Profile / 4ortyse7en's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Business / Re: ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ by 4ortyse7en(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
jerrydao:
Special Announcement!!!,
A way to help you all have PerfectMoney/BTC with a reasonable rate.

You sell your Paypal funds to me, I will transfer PM/BTC back to you with this rate $1 PP ~ $0.89PM (BTC rate from https://markets.blockchain.info/)

You sell your Skrill funds to me, I will transfer PM/BTC back to you with rate: 1$ Skrill ~ $0.9 PM (BTC rate from https://markets.blockchain.info/)

If you want to deal more than $2000 per transaction, we can negotiate better deal.

ToC: Your Paypal/Skrill must be verified (same as your name) or come from a trusted/verified member of Nairalands.

I accept escrow from trusted/verified service of Nairalands.

If anyone want to trade face to face, Location: Makurdi - Benue State. Abuja is possible when the deal is much.

WhatsApp: +841204544580 (Jerry)

SCAMMERS PLEASE STAY AWAY!

Jerrydao is legit. I bought PM and BTC from him. The transactions were fast and smooth. He is also a great guy to interact with. I recommend him.
Education / Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by 4ortyse7en(m): 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
Well, In terms of potential quality of students i.e intelligence of the students admitted by both schools, UI is better because they admit more brilliant students than CU.
Right from my sec school days and even now in my university days, I av known and become friends wit some very smart people, I mean people who score more than 280 in jamb and at least 7 distinctions in Waec legitimately (not by malpratice) some of them have even made remarkable achievements in national & international competitions like Olympiad, cowbell maths, Stan e.t.c but none of them have ever showed any interest in attending a private uni like Covenant even the rich ones among them still prefer to go to federal uni's like UI.
To me the sort of students a university admits matters because one of the major reasons why a school like Harvard is well known today is due to the callibre of students they admit.
Bottom line is, Covenant university may really need to provide scholarships nd grant opportunities if they want to admit more intelligent students and not just students who are from rich homes.
Education / Re: Chemistry Platform by 4ortyse7en(m): 3:09pm On Nov 08, 2011
MyFidelis:

U're right 2 have mentioned that electron enter the 4s orbitals before entering the 3d orbital(in transition elements).The reason is,the 4s orbital has lower energy than the 3d orbital.
Alrite, u are explaining based on Aufbau's principle, I mean according to Aufbau's principle 4s is at a lower energy level than 3d but in reality when comparing the principal quantum number values i.e n=4 & n=3 respectively and considering d fact dat the principal quantum number(n) defines the energy level of an electron.
Thus since 4s has a higher value of n than 3d, it can therefore b concluded that 4s is at a higher energy level than 3d.
Education / Re: Chemistry Platform by 4ortyse7en(m): 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2011
MyFidelis:

Simply stated,Aufbau Principle says that in the building up of atom,electrons enter orbitals of low energy b4 entering orbitals of higher energy.That is,electrons are fed into orbitals starting at the lowest energy levels b4 filling higher energy levels.So,electrons would enter 1S orbital b4 entering 2S,2P,3S and so on.
I have a query regarding dis particular principle.
Well, In atoms of some elements e.g transition metals, the 4s orbital is filled wit electrons before the 3d orbital despite the fact that the 3d orbital is at a lower energy level (i.e n=3) than the 4s orbital (n=4).
Can anyone explain why or is Aufbau's principle inconclusive?
Education / Re: Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result by 4ortyse7en(m): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2011
joshualisticalum:

i will rate uniben below zero they are incompetent in admission processing and a very poor standard of education if u ask me,charity begins at home they can't even process a standard admission for candidates hw can they deliver a sound education to them.uniben is simply a no school to me
Blatant fallacious talk. If they can't deliver a sound education, I wonder why u chose them in the first place or why u even decided to write thier pume.
Uniben admits more students yearly than most other federal universities. U have to give them some credits for that pal.
I know u r saying this because ur status is pending nd d way they have handled d admission process this year have been somewhat disapointing but in truth it is still better and even more transparent than the way some other universities have handled thiers.
Education / Re: Pls Can U Solve This Probability by 4ortyse7en(m): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2011
Since the rat has an equal chance of turning left or right on the first trial, the probability of every first turn is = 1/2.
The probability of turning to food after receiving food in the previous turn is 1/5, therefore the probability of turning to an electric shock after receiving food in the previous turn is 1-1/5 =4/5.
The probability of turning to food after recieving an electric shock in d previous turn is 1/3, therefore the probability of turning to an electric shock again after recieving a shock in the previous turn is 1-1/3=2/3.
Thus the solutions are
1. Probability of getting two food and one shock = P(FSF) + P(SFF) + P(FFS). Where F represents food and S represents shock.
Thus, probability = (1/2*4/5*1/3) + (1/2*1/3*1/5) + (1/2*1/5*4/5) = 2/15 + 1/30 + 2/25 = 37/150
2. The probability of recieving three electric shock = P(S&S&S) = (1/2*2/3*2/3)= 2/9.
3. The probability of recieving three food = P(F&F&F)= (1/2*1/5*1/5)=1/50.
Education / Re: Probability Help by 4ortyse7en(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
After looking at the question more thoughtfully again, I discovered that since the events are non mutually exclusive, the probability that either of the events will occur = P(A) + P(B) - P(A & B).
Where P(A)= 2/3, P(B)= 5/18, P(A & B) = 3/36 because in 3 combinations of the 10 combinations I cited earlier, the white die shows a number that's below 5. This is what makes it non mutually exclusive.
Therefore the correct probability is = 2/3 + 5/18 - 3/36 = 31/36.
Hope this helps.
Education / Re: Probability Help by 4ortyse7en(m): 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2011
The probability that the white die shows a number less than 5 is = 4/6 = 2/3.
For the sum of the numbers shown on both dice to be greater than 8, the possible combinations are (3,6) (4,5) (4,6) (5,4) (5,5) (5,6) (6,3) (6,4) (6,5) (6,6). Since there are 10 combinations out of a total possible 36, thus the probability is 10/36= 5/18.
The probability that either of the two events will occur is = 2/3 + 5/18 = 17/18.
Education / Re: Probability Help by 4ortyse7en(m): 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
The probability that the white die shows a number less than 5 is = 4/6 = 2/3.
For the sum of the numbers shown on both dice to be greater than 8, the possible combinations are (3,6) (4,5) (4,6) (5,4) (5,5) (5,6) (6,3) (6,4) (6,5) (6,6). Since there are 10 outcomes out of a total possible 36, thus the probability is 10/36= 5/18.
The probability that either of the two events will occur is = 2/3 + 5/18 = 17/18.
Education / Re: Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result by 4ortyse7en(m): 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2011
Kslib:

I think i  believe u cos you are 47 yrs old.An elderly man cannot just lie.
Lol. I wonder why u said that. There's nobody that can't lie. I'm quite sure u know that.
Btw I'm not up to 47 yrs old. 4ortyse7en is just a nickname just like yours kslib.
Education / Re: Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result by 4ortyse7en(m): 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Energieman, u can send me a mail, 4matex@gmail.com is the address.
@Osarzeh, Yea, they haven't admitted any other candidate apart from the ones they admitted 3 weeks ago.
I think they'll finish wit d admission process b4 the end of the month, that's when they will change the admission status of others who have also qualified for admission i.e scored above the departmental cut off marks.
Anyone who has a good score but which are not up to the cut-off of the department they applied for will be admitted into a  lower department.
Education / Re: Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result by 4ortyse7en(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2011
Energieman:

guyz, i'm beginning to be afraid little by little,  11 aspirants have been added to the 26 of yesterday's chemical enginnering,  my head is now swinging like a pendulum!
Uniben's ecampus website was programmed in such a way that when u search the Admission list for your registration number and your status displays admitted, your details will be automaticaly uploaded to ur department in the List centre section of the website.
Note that not all who have been admitted have checked the Admission list but whenever they check, their names will be automaticaly sent to List centre. That's why the number of people in List centre increases with time.
Therefore Uniben didn't add d new names u noticed themselves, those candidates have already been admitted since 3 weeks ago but just recently searched for thier registation numbers on Admission list.
Those that crossed the cut-off marks but haven't gotten admission yet should be patient. It'll take some time to finish with d admission process.
U guys will definitely get admitted when they finish.
Webmasters / How Can I Buy A Domain Name And Get Web Hosting by 4ortyse7en(m): 9:11pm On May 02, 2011
I need information regarding how to get a good web host nd buy a domain name, I have tried searching d internet for but they all seem to accept only paypal nd since paypal doesn't accept Nigeria, how can I get a domain name and web hosting. I also need ideas on how to make money with a website.
Thanks in advance.   
Web Market / How Do I Get Web Hosting And Domain Name In Nigeria? by 4ortyse7en(m): 9:07pm On May 02, 2011
I need information regarding how to get a good web host nd buy a domain name, I have tried searching d internet for but they all seem to accept only paypal nd since paypal doesn't accept Nigeria, how can I get a domain name and web hosting. I also need ideas on how to make money with a website.
Thanks in advance. 

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.