Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

4Tees's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4Tees's Profile / 4Tees's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Politics / State Of Lagos Roads by 4Tees: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dismayed to observe how fast Lagos roads have become death traps ever since coming on board of the current Lagos State Government led by Babatunde Olusola Sanwo-olu. I reckon the state of disrepair actually started in the latter days of the immediate past LASG, led by Akinwunmi Ambode, and this has continued unabated into the regime of Babatunde Sanwo-olu, and even getting worse.

It is just a show of inhuman feeling from the government of Lagos State to the hapless and tax paying Lagosians to be made to go through this pain of terrible bad roads that have suddenly become death traps.

Anywhere you go in Lagos, the story is the same. Imagine the traffic situation and avoidable ghastly accidents occasioned by the state of the roads!

Fellow Nairalanders, give this post your voice, maybe LASG under the headship of Sanwo-olu can wake from their slumber and stop chasing the shadow of bringing down Ambode at all. Afterall, they say he that is down fears no fall.

Is this the punishment Jagaban intended to inflict on Lagos State residents by kicking out Ambode and replacing him with clueless and visionless stooge in the name of Sanwo-olu so that the culture of chop, make I chop can continue. There is God ooo!!!
Politics / Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by 4Tees: 11:17am On Jul 14, 2017
I feel disgusted when government mouthpiece like Fashola and co speak on this kind of issue from the angle that favours them. Agreed that the exchange rate is swinging up north and this is affecting cost of input.Have you ever thought of implications of further upward review in tariff on the hapless consumers? To make it worse, these increases have never been greeted by improved services - at least from the past experiences. Did Fashola ever think of what the exchange rate fluctuation has done to the minimum wage of workers who pay for this tariff? How many times has govt ever forced upward review of minimum wage? Not even once I can remember. And I am sure the ongoing committee work on minimum wage review will last the remaining life of this administration and no result. I thought the essence of government in the system is to cater for the welfare and well being of its citizenry! Where is the place of this responsibility in this matter as far as the government is concerned? Can we for once in this country begin to do things right? They also talk about people and corporate bodies do not pay taxes. How will they pay in the face of lack of accountability on the part of government, as well as unbridled and mindless corruption going on in government circles?
Sports / Re: Cheick Tiote Collapses & Dies During Training In China by 4Tees: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2017
May his gentle sou; rest in perfect peace. Rest in the bossom of the Lord, brother. Ina lilahi Waina ilaehi Rajiuun
Nairaland / General / 35 Electricity Turbines Down In 15 Gencos by 4Tees: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2017
About 2,514mw of electricity cannot be utilised due to 35 idle generation turbines across 15 Generation Companies (GenCos), even as the national grid peaked at 4,464 megawatts (mw) last Sunday shortly before the Democracy Day celebration.

The causes of the unutilised electricity were traced to non-availability of gas to power, line constraints and high frequency caused by the loss of DisCos’ feeders.

The Nigerian System Operator (NSO) statistics showed that the grid was at 4,052mw yesterday when government commemorated the two years of the present administration.

However, the lowest generation for the previous day, being Sunday was at 3,483mw during the hours of low electricity utilisation.

Nigeria at present has 11,165mw of installed capacity but can generate 7,139mw with adequate gas supply to the about 23 available gas-fired power stations. While transmission facilities can evacuate 7,000mw of the power, the network capability, especially at the Distribution Companies (DisCos), can only take 5,500mw, the statistics indicated.

Further statistics obtained from the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) showed that 2,514mw was not utilised at the weekend because 35 turbines went out of operation across 15 power plants.

Analysis shows that nine power stations lost 1,932mw from 29 gas starved turbines. Five National Integrated Power Projects (NIPP) plants lost 1,355mw from 11 idle turbines. Geregu NIPP lost 290mw as its two turbines were down; Olorunsogo NIPP lost 360mw due to three idle turbines, and Alaoji NIPP’s two turbines were down, losing 240mw.

Two turbines in Omotosho NIPP did not work; losing 240mw while Ihovbor NIPP also lost two turbines that could have produced 225mw.

The other four plants affected by gas lost 577mw as 18 turbines were down. Egbin Power lost 305mw due to three non-performing turbines; Delta Power had 12 idle turbines and also lost 82mw; Omotosho Gas lost 152mw from four idle turbines, and Olorunsogo Gas lost 38mw as a turbine was down.

Another 347mw was lost to transmission line constraint in three power plants and three idle turbines. Afam VI’s turbine lost out 200mw, Ibom Power’s turbine lost 35mw, and Gbarain NIPP’s turbine lost 112mw. The loss of DisCos’ feeders was said to have triggered high frequency in the system network which affected three other plants and their three turbines as they lost 235mw. Shiroro hydropower lost 125mw, Jebba hydropower lost 90mw and Delta Power lost 20mw.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2017/05/31/35-electricity-turbines-down-in-15-gencos/
Politics / Re: Pipeline Explodes In Nsit Ibom, Akwa-Ibom by 4Tees: 9:38am On Jul 25, 2016
I am surprised at those that jubilate over this kind of disturbing news!! It's so sad that even hypocrites from Niger Delta stooped so low to now start comparing this dastardly campaign by the so called "NDA" to ignoble Boko Haram struggle. The comments I have for these people and their sympathizers and support base are:

* If truly their fight is for the development of their communities, how come this struggle was non-existent during the time of their own son, GEJ, in power, when billions of tax payers' money were going into the hands of few in their community - Tompolo and the like. Have they ever sat down to ask the beneficiaries of this largesse then what the impact of theor action was on the environment.

* Oil companies are daily laying off their brethren and thrown into labour market as a result of their activities, while the revenue streams of their state governments are shrinking. Have they ever sat down to think about this?

* Since they have started this struggle years back, has this ever changed the course of things for them? This has only ended up in enriching a few amongst them at the expense of the poor that are in the majority.

* On a final note, I can only sue for peace. Let the militants sheathe their swords. Remember that where two elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers. Already the innocent are suffering this, while the targeted are still going about their business as usual. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let's embrace peace and devise a more civilised means of airing our views.

1 Like

Nairaland / General / Swift 4g Lte Data Usage by 4Tees: 10:21am On Apr 10, 2016
I use SWIFT 4G LTE (data plan of N7,000 per month) which comes with 14G. What I observed in the past few months is the rate at which my data runs out fast even with limited usage compared with past experiences. What this immediately tells me is that SWIFT has through the backdoor adjusted their metering system without disclosing this to customers. Usually, I used to have unused balance at month-end even during the periods I used to stream live events on internet unlike these days. It hardly lasts me two weeks these days that I only make use of the data on weekends during which periods I hardly download or make use of heavy data.

Fellow Nairalanders, please share your honest experiences so that these business communities don't take consumers for a ride. This is sheer exploitation by SWIFT as the company did not start this way. Now, I can sense Nigerian typical exploitative tendencies characteristic of private (and sometimes public) business environment creeping in here.
Politics / Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 4Tees: 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
LocalChamp:
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK FEB 09, 2016
SaharaReporters has obtained phone records belonging to Ricky Tarfa, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, which shows consistent phone calls to one Justice Mohammed Yunusa of the Federal High Court in Lagos. These phone records were obtained by SaharaReporters just as a legal showdown between Mr. Tarfa and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is underway following his arrest by EFCC agents.

The phone records show a series of no less than nine calls between Mr. Yunusa and Mr. Tarfa’s GSM numbers, 08095666256 and 08034600000 respectively. Those numbers, when searched in the True Caller app, clearly show they belong to individuals matching their names.

SaharaReporters previously reported that Mr. Tarfa was arrested by the EFCC for obstruction of justice when he shielded anti-corruption police from arresting his client Granhoue Sourou Nazaire.

Now ..... this is what I call investigative journalism!!! Where are all these Nigerian news media!! Pse wake up as SR blaze the trails. Thumps up to SR a million times. Now the rampaging so called SANs that claim to be more knowledgeable can now see and learn. Hope they shut their thrash.
Mr. Nazaire had been Mr. Tarfa’s client since around May 2015 when he instituted a legal suit against Mrs. Rachidatou Abdou over ownership and control of a company of which they were both the directors.

However, a letter to the Commissioner of Police authored by Mrs. Abdou on September 7th, 2015 stated that she believed that Mr. Tarfa was colluding with the judge overseeing that case, Justice Mohammed Yunusa.

The letter from Mrs. Abdou states “before and after the filing of the suit the Applicant’s lawyer, Mr. Ricky Tarfa SAN, and the judge, the Honorable Justice Yunusa were communicating with each other on the phone in order to pervert the course of justice.”

The phone records obtained by SaharaReporters shows consistent communication between Mr. Tarfa and Judge Yunusa’s Blackberry phone between May 11th, 2015 and August 3rd, 2015.

A review of the phone records available to our correspondent shows that Mr. Tarfa, and Yunusa spoke on three separate instances on May 11th, 2015, or four days before lawsuits were instituted against Mrs. Abdou.

There was also one phone conversation between Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa three days before the May 15th filing of the lawsuit. On May 16th a day after the May 15th filing, there were three separate phone transactions between the two men.

According to the phone records, Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa spoke at least once on June 25th, 2015 more than one month after legal charges were officially instituted on behalf of Tarfa’s client Mr. Nazaire. This phone transaction was also four days before Mr. Tarfa “made an oral application for an injunction to restrain the EFCC from inviting” his clients to be questioned about fraud allegations against him from Mrs. Abdou.

According to legal statements and media reports oral arguments on the Nazaire-Abdou case began on July 16th of that same year. Despite this, Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa had a phone conversation on August 3rd, 2015 in violation of conduct of legal professionals.

The judge then ruled for Mr. Tarfa’s client on August 18th, following no less than nine separate phone transactions between the two men.

Mrs. Abdou also submitted a complaint to the National Judicial Council (NJC) identifying the corrupt and fraudulent dealing between Mr. Tarfa and Mr. Yunusa on November 11th, 2015. In the complaint, Mrs. Abdou detailed the cases assigned to Mr. Yunusa in the Federal Court and that there were records of phone calls and SMS messages between him and Mr. Tarfa.

In response to her complaint, the Chief Justice of Nigeria Mahmud Mohammed sent a memo to Mr. Yunusa for his misconduct. The memo was sent through the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court of Nigeria, demanding an explanation to Mrs. Abdou’s allegations against him. Mr. Yunusa was given two weeks to respond to the allegations.

SaharaReporters has not ascertained what Mr. Yunusa’s response to the Chief Justice was, however, our correspondent has since learned that Mr. Yunusa was moved from the High Court in Lagos to the Federal High Court in Yobe State.

Meanwhile, Tarfa has been slammed with two counts of obstruction of justice by the EFCC at a Lagos High Court.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/09/phone-records-shows-how-lawyer-ricky-tarfa-and-justice-mohammed-yunusa-repeatedly-spoke
Politics / Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by 4Tees: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
ayindejimmy:
I don't know what you guys are saying o! But here at ijegun we have 2 days ON 1 day OFF. However for those 2 days we're ON we don't get 12 hours power.

Same story in my hood in Baruwa. It's a sad story for light. Never ever reliable! The 2 days ON, the max time you'll have light is average 4 to 5 hours (if at all you do). And when you are supposed to be OFF, sharp sharp before 10am they have removed the cut-out!!
Business / Re: Dangote Refinery Will Fetch $6bn Forex Yearly - CBN by 4Tees: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
It's good to learn CBN is lending support to Dangote on this project. CBN should note that there are some other indigenous companies that are also contemplating similar projects including the company I work for. I work in one of the leading marginal field oil operators, and one of the things we have done to diversify our revenue base and contribute in our own little way to the growth of the nation's economy is to also diversify into refinery. CBN should carry out detailed work/investigation on this and see how support can be lent to these categories of investors as well.

1 Like

Politics / Pdp's Death!! by 4Tees: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Is PDP still the largest party if Africa? I know they could not realise the ambitious and lofty dream of ruling the largest black nation in the world for straight sixty (60) years. Olisa Metuh and co, any answer??
Sports / Nduka Ugbade Claimed Foreign Based Players Destabilised Flying Eagles by 4Tees: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2015
Nigeria U20 assistant coach, Nduka Ugbade feels that the technical crew's limited time to work on the foreign-based players was the key reason why the Flying Eagles failed at the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Manchester City prodigy Kelechi Iheanacho, Tottenham's Musa Yahaya and Granada striker Isaac Promise were all left to play mini roles in Nigeria's campaign.
Many had expected Manu Garba’s team to rule the world after their brilliant display at the African Youth Championship where they emerged winners, but they crashed out on the world stage in the second round after losing 1-0 to Germany.

Do you agree or disagree with him? You never can tell, your opinion could assist the NFF in reshaping these promising lads for future challenges.
Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by 4Tees: 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Truly, Okparanozie has not impressed me so far!! Maybe she will up the tempo as they go further. What do you guys in the house think>

1 Like

Politics / Re: Buhari And Service Chiefs In Crucial Meeting by 4Tees: 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
I guess mass sack of security chiefs will follow this meeting. Waiting for the names of replacements that follows impending announcement!!!

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.