Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,674 members, 7,854,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Mother Sells Own Baby For N200,000 In Niger - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Sells Own Baby For N200,000 In Niger (284 Views)

Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper / Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds (photo) / Mother Sells Son For N300,000 In Enugu; Buyer Resells At 350,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Sells Own Baby For N200,000 In Niger by joshuisiukwu: 4:54am On Feb 04, 2019
A mother who sold her baby for N200,000 in Niger State, has been arrested by officers of the State's police command.

The 23-year-old lady, Blessing Aluna from Rimi Lokoja Local Government Area of Kogi State, was arrested alongside one Oludare Jeprince, 36, of Giri Abuja, in the Madalla area of Suleja for abducting a three-year-old child. The mother who disclosed that Jeprince was her boyfriend and an accomplice aiding in the kidnap and sell of the three-year-old baby, stays in the Madalla area of Suleja, had at some point allegedly sold her one-week-old baby for N200,000.
While being interview by Punch's correspondent, Aluna blamed poverty for her involvement in the crime.

“Imagine me selling my child for money; that will tell you the level of hardship in the country. I sold my own child for N200,000 in order to open a provision store in Suleja at least to take care of myself and my siblings.

“I have done the worst thing to humanity and especially to my own child. I don’t think I deserve to be alive, let the law take its course.”

The police who said the suspects will be arraigned in court as soon as investigations were concluded, added that they confessed to have been in the child trafficking business for over two years.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/02/04/mother-sells-own-baby-for-n200000-in-niger/

Re: Mother Sells Own Baby For N200,000 In Niger by adecz: 5:25am On Feb 04, 2019
shocked shocked

The hardship caused by APC is
totally unprecedented..

The mindboggling fact is that they
are not even aware.

That is why Osibande' is going upandan
buying votes.

But God don warn am.

Re: Mother Sells Own Baby For N200,000 In Niger by Nobody: 5:40am On Feb 04, 2019
The excuse of poverty is rubbish. Nothing ever justifies selling another human, let alone your own child. Quite a senseless woman; selling your baby to take care of yourself and your siblings. A queer case of robbing Peter to pay Paul
Re: Mother Sells Own Baby For N200,000 In Niger by iGist: 6:05am On Feb 04, 2019
Re: Mother Sells Own Baby For N200,000 In Niger by dollytino4real(f): 6:41am On Feb 04, 2019
n.a. hunger

(1) (Reply)

Woman Dies After Daughter-in-law Bathes Her In Hot Water And Pepper / Man Tries To Steal OAP Ushbebe's Shoe On Stage While He Was Dancing (photos) / Trending: Video Shows Man Being Shot Dead By Customs Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.