Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! (1770 Views)

Property Development For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2007
I'm currently working on an ecommerce project, where we'll be selling stuffs for Africans abroad. And from my own point of view I always like focused business.
I.E
Amazon.com = books
ebay = auction

Instead of selling everything, anything & something on an online stores.

Please I want to know what type of stuff that is worth waiting and paying its shipment to Nigerians abroad.

What we want is a site that cares for what Africans abroad miss from thier homeland

* African fabrics and accessories
* african books
* african made crafts, could be hand made.
Etc

The main product of the online store have not been disclosed here. I want to confirm it is a need, when one of the respondant to this post triggers a demand close to it.

Please I need your inputs
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by alabiyemmy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2007
instead of making it a specific item why not make it generic?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by hbrednic: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2007
@+Eslim
Nigerians abroad,including the igbos? and when you finally launch your site,will you like the igbos to patronize you?
it is time you liberate yourself from tribalistic slavery.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 3:10am On Apr 22, 2007
@hbrednic
I'm sorry we're not talking about tribes here. We're talking about goods Nigerians abroad want.

I didn't mean to disrespect anyone, i'm sorry it took that turn. I LOVE IGBO'S. I was even almost gonna get married to one.

@ the other porter. If its gonna be generic what stuffs will you want to buy from motherland.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by Tmoni(m): 3:47am On Apr 22, 2007
african clothes and handcraft,

pls work out a good way of payment
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by omooba72(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2007
@ Topic waooo what a good thing to do infact lots of people will patronise you not only Nigerians but Africans living abroad please include African musics . cheers grin tongue tongue
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2007
Yeah, some of you just triggered on of the main thing we'll be selling.

The site is design to accept master, visa, discovery, paypal and even egold.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by dollyp1cute(f): 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2007
tEslim to be honest t depends on where you are abroad. Most people in London for instance have no want for anything. It is practically like lagos.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2007
Nigerians living in Peckham is only a small fraction of my market. My market is to sell to all Africans abroad. Even as you talk I know ppl that call home every month to get latest African music.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2007
Nigerians living in Peckham is only a small fraction of my market. My market is to sell to all Africans abroad. Even as you talk I know ppl that call home every month to get latest African music.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2007
Please I need more inputs on this subject.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by flakom(f): 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2007
Why don't you sell african fabrics
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by DisGuy: 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2007
I want fresh ripe plantains for very good price with best before dates and the amount the farmer pays his worker

I want stockwatch magazine
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by arike77: 1:51am On Apr 27, 2007
Jewelry
Bags
Shoes
Artwork
Home decoration things
Music
Movies
Food
Alot of Hausa type stuff will look good for an "urban Yankee apartment".

By the way, thats a great business idea. Try to emphasis that your products are also being sent from Naija. I know patriotic people like myself who will support you.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 27, 2007
First i want my undergraduate and masters degree,

second, work experience

make mad legit cheddar, no games just brains

then everythin else is in place

get me some bad ass ride, jaguar, mustang, lambogini, chevy impala, murano, ML 320, jeep cherokee, but i have to pick 3 to get,
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2007
@flakon - thanks, I think we'll really have to include african fabrics.

@ dis guy - you can always get fresher plantain wherever you are. But we can include nigerian entertainment magazines and biz mag.

@Arike thanks for you input

@muchbabe - you're some funny babe
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by bunmii(f): 11:02am On Apr 28, 2007
i want a good tailor
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2007
@bunmi
Good tailor for african cloths? You know we cant really sell that properly online. Such service is difficult to render online.

We're talking about material things thats worth shipping outta africa
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by dblock(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2007
I want a set of Agbadas and Filas How much will it cost. Can I pay via credit card, wil it be shipped?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2007
@dblock

We'll be accepting credit cards. The ecommerce store is not up yet. This is just part of researching what africans abroad want.

Dblock are you a Jadakiss/Styles P fan?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2007
ok on a more serious note, i want me some traditional outfit and naija food, naija movies i lovvvvvvvvv ,
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by dblock(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2007
oh yeah I want tons of 9ja movies, preferably Igbo undecided
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by tEsLim(m): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2007
Ah ah smiley we're getting somewhere. I'll like to ask more questions at this point.

1. How long can you wait to get your orders delivered?
2. Will you pay extra to get express shipment/delivery?
3. Will you prefer to tell relatives in nigeria to buy things you want -- or prefer to buy through a website?
4. How often do you normally shop online.
5. Which one are you comfortable with? Credit cards, money wire, paypal, egold.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by DisGuy: 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2007
tEsLim:

Ah ah smiley we're getting somewhere. I'll like to ask more questions at this point.

1. How long can you wait to get your orders delivered?
2. Will you pay extra to get express shipment/delivery?
3. Will you prefer to tell relatives in nigeria to buy things you want -- or prefer to buy through a website?
4. How often do you normally shop online.
5. Which one are you comfortable with? Credit cards, money wire, paypal, egold.

-just answering

1. preferably within 24 hrs
2. dependng on what you mean by 'extra' and 'express' as long as its not significantly more expensive than the localpost
3. Relatives,thats if you have any left at all in nigeria. and also price
4. several times a week
5. Credit cards n paypal
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by bunmii(f): 4:58pm On May 08, 2008
tEsLim:

@bunmi
Good tailor for african cloths? You know we can't really sell that properly online. Such service is difficult to render online.

We're talking about material things thats worth shipping out of africa

gala then , i will definately buy some of those,
almost all other nigeria food you can get at billingsgate or even peckham but i have never seen gala before in london
Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by perception: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2008
Hi all,

I make and sell home furnishings, cushions/throw pillows and curtains/drapes in african fabrics, in addition to artefacts of northern extraction(hausa/fulani). The cushions/throw pillows also come in exotic fabrics like sation, jaquard, etc with various designs like beading, monogramming, printing. they are used as gifts also for weddings, anniversary, birthdays, etc they are also used for kids rooms' furnishings with prints or monograms of their favourite cartoon character or their fvourite football club. available for wholesale and retail. mail bluecollardesign@yahoo.com for details.
sample piturec attached.

Re: Nigerians Abroad, What Do You Want! by Tohsynetita1: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2023
tEsLim:
I'm currently working on an ecommerce project, where we'll be selling stuffs for Africans abroad. And from my own point of view I always like focused business.
I.E
Amazon.com = books
ebay = auction

Instead of selling everything, anything & something on an online stores.

Please I want to know what type of stuff that is worth waiting and paying its shipment to Nigerians abroad.

What we want is a site that cares for what Africans abroad miss from thier homeland

* African fabrics and accessories
* african books
* african made crafts, could be hand made.
Etc

The main product of the online store have not been disclosed here. I want to confirm it is a need, when one of the respondant to this post triggers a demand close to it.

Please I need your inputs

can I meet you?

(1) (Reply)

Coconut Oil Buyers Needed Urgently / Luxury Bedsheet Bedspreads Nonfading Material / Spicy Indomie Dish!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.