Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) (12520 Views)

Ex-Edo Speaker, Marcus Onobun In Coma After Ghastly Auto Crash (PHOTO) / Taiwo Olufemi Asaniyi About-to-wed Pilot Dies In Kaduna Crash (Photo) / Apostle Suleman: IGP Didn’t Order Probe On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by nigeriapenbase: 7:56am On Feb 04, 2019

The Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB) has commenced investigation into the Caverton Augusta AW139 helicopter conveying Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo that crashed in Kabba, Kogi State on Saturday.

The Agusta Westland AW139 is a 15-seat mediumsized twin-engine helicopter developed and produced principally by Augusta Westland. It is marketed for several different roles, including VIP/corporate transport, offshore transport, fire fighting, law enforcement, search and rescue, emergency medical service, disaster relief, and maritime patrol.

The AW139 was originally designed and developed jointly by Agusta and Bell Helicopters and marketed as the Agusta-Bell AB139, being re-designated AW139 when Bell withdrew from the project. A source in the agency told New Telegraph that a team of investigators from AIB had begun probe into the crash that left no one injured. AIB is the statutory agency saddled with the task of investigating such serious incidents and accidents.

Since entering service in 2003, the AW139 has become one of Agusta Westland’s most influential products; it has been subsequently developed into two enlarged medium-lift helicopters, the military-orientated AW 149 and the AW189 the civil market. New Telegraph learnt that the aviation regulatory body, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) had been notified as the accident investigation agency begins investigations in line with its mandate.

Read More On Link Below;

News Source
: http://nigeriapen.com.ng/aib-begins-probe-on-osinbajos-helicopter-crash/
Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by mknigeriagreat: 10:34am On Feb 04, 2019
I was just happy for the man sha. It could have only bn God. The recent crashes came into my mind.

1. Leicester City owner's crash in UK, helicopter exploded and he died.
2. This new Cardiff city striker Sala case too very pathetic.

If you follow crash investigations on DSTV channel 181, you will thank God for this man. He was just favored sha. The moment you are up there, and anything goes wrong, not even luck can guarantee your safety but something supernatural. Much love for my able and intelligent VP. A very loyal vice to his principal and boss.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Ghost1994: 10:34am On Feb 04, 2019
Like for atikulate share for PMB KING OF DAURA

My car is 100% buy and drive, using it for Uber and Taxify fuel economy is awesome, first body the legs are 100% ok. ac works perfect.... come for inspection. location lagos mainland. call me on 09053654411 and WhatsApp

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Buharimustgo16F: 10:35am On Feb 04, 2019
I still they imagine how this man from Sudan that call himself a President that openly Call delta state Apc Governorship candidate a presidential and a senatorial candidate, a man that raise another man hand in benue state Apc campaign tail be Nigerian President.

13 Likes

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by judecares1(m): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2019
they should ask the cabals the reason behind the crash.

Osinbajo just be watching your back

2 Likes

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Lavoca: 10:35am On Feb 04, 2019
shocked, so there is something like this in Nigeria??. Anyone watched how the VP was rescued? You will have no option than to feel sorry for the common man if the VP of the most populous black nation can be rescued in a crude way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by dante0147: 10:35am On Feb 04, 2019
wink
Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Mobsync(m): 10:36am On Feb 04, 2019
The only thing they should investigate is the reason the helicopter didn't crash properly.

This was a mere emergency landing gone bad -- and emergency landings are always bad.

Our leaders believe they can leave our roads in poor states while they use helicopters and jets to travel around.

Buhari did the same thing when he visited Badagry with an helicopter.

The irony of both men is that their convoys will travel by land from Abuja to Badagry (for Buhari) and Kog (for Osinbajo), where they will await their helicopters.

Until we all realize that PDP, APC, Atiku, Buhari and Osinbajo all think with the same brain, we are going nowhere.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by IMASTEX: 10:36am On Feb 04, 2019
I hear you
Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Firefire(m): 10:36am On Feb 04, 2019
But why?
Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by freemanbubble: 10:36am On Feb 04, 2019
Okay

Nigeria is cursed
Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by GR8ST(m): 10:38am On Feb 04, 2019
undecided

Also expecting to get reports as to why the VP and his entourage, didn't use the Choppers available to the presidency.

3 Likes

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Asshurbanipal: 10:38am On Feb 04, 2019
The company claimed it was due to bad weather. if this investigation reveal something else the company must be punished

2 Likes

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Protein0: 10:38am On Feb 04, 2019
so, there is an Accident Investigation Bureau?
Interesting! Those accidents on our highways claiming thousands of lives annually aren't worth investigating? cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by koladebrainiac(m): 10:39am On Feb 04, 2019
sd
Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Bayonle10: 10:41am On Feb 04, 2019
1LefBG3oRBCA6drAUZxWWEzwZKDLvoUHEE
Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by TheAngry1: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2019
I am an unrepentant APC member, but even I is beginning to suspect foul play. There are people who have eyes on 2023, I won't be surprised if they want to eliminate their perceived threat.

Cc: Bola Tinubu (YES, I said it.)

1 Like

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by Racoon(m): 10:45am On Feb 04, 2019
What is the rationale behind the presidency allowing or forcing the VP to go for public function in a chartered Helicopter service while there is a battery of aircraft's in the presidential fleet?

Or is the government saying most of the planes in the fleet are not serviceable despite all the billions being budgeted yearly for them?

Are there no more than what the eyes can see in this ugly development given that another aircraft conveying same VP Osinbajo last year failed to take off that he have to abort his flight? What is going on in this govt?

3 Likes

Re: AIB Begins Probe On Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crash (photo) by vegafbs: 10:47am On Feb 04, 2019
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate / 2023: We Will Support Your Presidential Ambition If You Win - Ayade Tells Lawan / Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.