Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation (32302 Views)

CBN To Pump More Cash Into Circulation Today - The Nation / 10 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria That Are Saving The Nation From Hunger / We Won’t Sell Petrol At Regulated Price – Aliko Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by GenSpecifics: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2019
[s]
Larryfest:
Of course he won't coz he is private and the sole purpose of private business is profit making..
[/s]

I am sure you will also applaud him when he gets at least 50% discount on crude from the FG.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by chrisbaxtian(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
nonye6194:
No body took the balls to man up and take advantage of the oil and gas problems we face even as an oil producing country. Aliko stepped up and he's going to literally replace the midstream of nnpc in oil refining.

keep quiet my friend angry do you think others did not try? do you know the level politics going on behind the scenes and how a concerted effort is being made to ensure wealth is concentrated in a few hands.

13 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by feezy(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
In other new besay... dangote come dangote no come fuel ⛽️ go still be #145.... tell us straight up

3 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by Asshurbanipal: 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
GenSpecifics:
But the monopolist will get subsidy from FG on crude oil

Dangote is NOT in any way a business genius but a crafty govt contractor who depends solely on lobbying and govt patronage.

If you think otherwise, then ask why his net worth dropped when Nigeria went into recession?
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by SouthSouth1914: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
What an irony if this is coming from somebody that is getting forex far less than market price.

Everything was just a big scam! Now it is making sense gradually..

7 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
What an irony if this is coming from somebody that is getting forex far less than market price.

what you don't know is that that forex break he is getting is the monetary support of the federal government and when its gets to that said billion in $ the forex will stop. so stop talking as if its abnormal.
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by Yinxies(f): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2019
As long as there will more jobs
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by ojuu4u(m): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
eyeview:
This is why am disappointed when ignorant people mouth that the coming on stream of Dangote refinery will bring down the cost of pms. He is a shrewd and exploitative business man, it may even sell higher than 145. The cement sector that was almost handed to him, how far? Instead we now have cement from N850 to N2300 per bag.
The secret is to completely deregulate these sectors to allow multiple competition, including imported ones. No advantage to any.
Imagine dangote locally refining but already saying he will sell at export price

The problem is cost of doing business in Nigeria today is far far higher than in Europe and advance countries, in Nigeria the owners will pay for, electricity, security, water, even the roads are bad, all these have negative costs implications, since any business person wants to make profit, he or she must add the costs before arriving at sales prices

Not until Nigeria govt addresses infrastructures decay, worsening security , unfavourable exchange rate regime among others, prices of anything produce in Nigeria will never come dowm

The short time advantage is that it has possitive effect on job creations and reduces joblessness among populace

8 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by GenSpecifics: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
[s]
bozzyjoan:

what you don't know is that that forex break he is getting is the monetary support of the federal government and when its gets to that said billion in $ the forex will stop. so stop talking as if its abnormal.
[/s]

Your level of slavery can reach crude oil depths

1 Like

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by lloyds(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
santopelele:
this man (dangote) will buy nigeria and everything (including u) in this shithole.
if dangote can build 1 standard refinery, what stops the federal govt frm building 10 of it.
shame to our politicians

The scam called subsidy. .

The cabals . .

The ineffectiveness and inadequate skill of those put in charge . .

Corruption in the granting of the contracts and purchasing process of apparatus, and execution . .

ETC. .

Waiting on Federal government to bail you out is waiting till Jesus comes. .

4 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by moneyissues(m): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
If this site isn't legit and am not making money from it I wouldn't have bothered to motivate others to join me...
But if you are willing, to make some cool extra cash why not try this paying system? and thank me later.

https://padowallet.com/user/signup.php?invite=PADOocvXtgC
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by sherif4owo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
santopelele:
this man (dangote) will buy nigeria and everything (including u) in this shithole.
if dangote can build 1 standard refinery, what stops the federal govt frm building 10 of it.
shame to our politicians

Simple answer; Political Sabotage
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by lloyds(m): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
Which way Nigeria. .?

May be sell NNPC, NNLG, NEPA / POWER HOLDING, NPA to Dangote to determine price and flow. .

1 Like

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by GeorgeTheCoder: 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
eyeview:
This is why am disappointed when ignorant people mouth that the coming on stream of Dangote refinery will bring down the cost of pms. He is a shrewd and exploitative business man, it may even sell higher than 145. The cement sector that was almost handed to him, how far? Instead we now have cement from N850 to N2300 per bag.
The secret is to completely deregulate these sectors to allow multiple competition, including imported ones. No advantage to any.
Imagine dangote locally refining but already saying he will sell at export price

You are right

4 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by santopelele(m): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
lloyds:

The scam called subsidy. .

The cabals . .

The ineffectiveness and inadequate skill of those put in charge . .

Corruption in the granting of the contracts and purchasing process of apparatus, and execution . .

ETC. .

Waiting on Federal government to bail you out is waiting till Jesus comes. .

Lol, then what do u think that is the best solution for this country?
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by Worksunlimited: 12:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
StrikeBack:
Hp envy 360 core i5- 5200U
8gb ram 500gb
Touch screen
Keyboard light
3 hours battery life
2 hours plus for media
Screen size 15.6
Windows 10 Home
Clean ...
2.20GHZ speed

How much?
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by Pelaiye2703(m): 12:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
StrikeBack:
8gb ram 500gb
Touch screen
Keyboard light
3 hours battery life
2 hours plus for media
Screen size 15.6
Windows 10 Home
Clean ...
2.20GHZ speed
Price??
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by olaoreawofele: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
Are you selling it? Price?

StrikeBack:
8gb ram 500gb
Touch screen
Keyboard light
3 hours battery life
2 hours plus for media
Screen size 15.6
Windows 10 Home
Clean ...
2.20GHZ speed
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by fyneguy: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
debaj10:
The President of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has said premium motor spirit (PMS) or petrol that will be refined from Dangote Refinery will not be sold at Federal Government’s regulated price.

This ends the speculation about how much the pump price petrol from the first private refinery will attract when it begins operation next year.

Dangote spoke on the sidelines of the visit of Central Bank Governor Godwin Emefiele to the refinery in Lagos.

Dangote said though the plan is not to concentrate on export entirely, he noted that petroleum products from the refinery will be sold at export rate.

He said it is the duty of the Federal Government to determine the price of fuel, adding that he doubts whether fuel subsidy will continue but if it does, the government can engage the company to find a mid-ground on how to tackle the issue of subsidy.

He said: “We are not here to concentrate on export but pricing of products depends entirely on the government. If there will be subsidy, which I doubt very much, that is the job of government not the job of Dangote to determine what the price will be. But price of our export is what we sell, which will depend on what the market is internationally, and locally if there will subsidy, the government will carry that responsibility and not us. Government has to engage us and see how they can find a mid-ground on that.”
On job creation, Dangote said the refinery and petrochemical project is transformational. Considering that Nigeria depends on importation to meet its fuel consumption needs and the attendant huge subsidy to keep pump price at regulated price of N145 per litre, he said the project will create massive jobs.

According to him, most filling stations don’t sell fuel because of lack of fuel in view of issues around importation, adding that when the refinery begins operation, it will put these filling stations and their workers back to work.

He said: “Currently, more than 26,000 people are working on the project and at the height of the project, the number of workers will soar to about 80,000 people and there will be more than 50,000 workers living internally in the company.”

Emefiele promised the apex bank’s assistance to other refineries’ licencees whose banks can vouch for their credit worthiness.

Emefiele said: “CBN’s support depends on the company’s capacity. I have not seen any other person that has received government licence to set up a refinery. In any case, you don’t come directly to CBN, you have to go through your bank and your bank has to assess your capacity to be able to take on the project.

“My suggestion is that if there are people that have interest in CBN’s support, they should go to their banks and if their banks are able to display their credit worthiness to be able access such facility, CBN is ready to support them in naira and dollar that they need to import equipment that will enable them conduct their businesses.

“I have not seen any, if I see any through their banks, I can assure they will receive this kind of support Dangote got from CBN.”
The CBN supported Dangote Refinery, which will cost $9 billion (N75 billion) and the fertiliser plant which will cost $2 billion with N50 billion. The apex bank chief also stated that the refinery and petrochemical project is funded by 60 per cent of Dangote’s equity with the remaining 40 per cent funded by debts from local and foreign banks and CBN’s support.

http://thenationonlineng.net/dangote-refineryll-not-sell-petrol-regulated-price/

It is simple.

We give him crude oil and pay refining cost. Cost of shipping is eliminated! It will still be much cheaper than imported products.

We can even pay him the refining cost with some crude oil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by tribalistseun: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
StrikeBack:
8gb ram 500gb
Touch screen
Keyboard light
3 hours battery life
2 hours plus for media
Screen size 15.6
Windows 10 Home
Clean ...
2.20GHZ speed
how much for the spoon?
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by lloyds(m): 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2019
Unlike the US and the west where Business Success is determined by Economic and Market forces plus the ingenuity of the founder. . Here in Nigeria the most successful and richest businesses are achieved through Nepotism, Corrupt granting of largely monopolists licenses to certain sectors. .

Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, BUA group etc. . are examples.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by ojuu4u(m): 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
GenSpecifics:
But the monopolist will get subsidy from FG on crude oil

Dangote is NOT in any way a business genius but a crafty govt contractor who depends solely on lobbying and govt patronage.

If you think otherwise, then ask why his net worth dropped when Nigeria went into recession?

His net worth dropped owing to exchange rate which affected Naira badly , then CBN refused to defend Dollar, they floated Naira and that was why all prices in Nigeria skyrocket

In real sense Dangote richer than how it was in 2016 but dropped because of devalued Nigeria's currency

I ve Never seen a single person in buhari cabinet who is capable of running economy of Nigeria better,

1 Like

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by theoldpretender(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
OmoManU:
What's the implication of this from all angles, please the good politics neutral economists here should come and explain this to us in details

Essentially, the cost of fuel from Dangote's refinery is above the government subsidised price of N145.

So,either government puts Dangote fuel under subsidy...OR we remove fuel subsidy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by Bigprick9inches: 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2019
StrikeBack:
8gb ram 500gb
Touch screen
Keyboard light
3 hours battery life
2 hours plus for media
Screen size 15.6
Windows 10 Home
Clean ...
2.20GHZ speed
What happened to the hp envy? Was it stolen? Or wwas it burnt? The way some of you post here is annoying
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by lloyds(m): 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2019
santopelele:
Lol, then what do u think that is the best solution for this country?

Thorough privatization is the only way to achieve effective flow. Government stared establishments will always be filled with the issues i mentioned before . . It is a Nigerian factor and peculiar.

Corruption!

4 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by theoldpretender(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
eyeview:

Exactly...

I too was very amused when people were saying Dangote refienry would lower prices.It won't.

And I agree with deregulation. The problem is....MOST nigerians think it is a bad idea....DESPITE the fact that we have not been able to afford it for 10 years!

4 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by banio: 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hope he will pay his staff IOC salary. If I am FG, I will tackle him very well.

But what do I know
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by Willie2015: 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
A summary of Dangote by Wiki Leaks...

1. (C) Summary. Alhaji Aliko Dangote (Dangote) is Nigeria's
most well known businessperson and may be its wealthiest
citizen. He has taken on the aura of an economic folk hero
for some, villain for others. To supporters, he symbolizes
that Nigeria can do more than barter and trade. It can
succeed in manufacturing. To detractors, he is a predator
using connections in a corrupt political economy to tilt the
playing field in his favor and sideline potential competition.
The truth resides somewhere between these caricatures.
Dangote is counted among President Obasanjo's inner circle of
business advisors. It is no coincidence that many products
on Nigeria's import ban lists are items in which Dangote has
major interests.

2. (C) Summary Cont'd: Although an undiluted success in terms
of wealth accumulation, Dangote personifies the duality in
Nigeria's economy. This duality presents a dilemma for US
economic policy. On one hand, Dangote imports significant
amounts of US produce and equipment for his manufacturing
ventures. On the other, he has had success blocking trade
and investment that might compete with his enterprises.
Weighing everything in the balance, we believe the Dangote
model is harmful to Nigerian and American interests in the
long run. Unfortunately, the Dangote model will likely be
the one most emulated until its beggar-thy-countrymen
contradictions become more apparent. End summary.
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by StrikeBack(m): 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
olaoreawofele:
Are you selling it? Price?

Yes
140k but slightly negotiable
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by lloyds(m): 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery’ll Not Sell Petrol At Regulated Price’- The Nation by banio: 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
theoldpretender:

Exactly...

I too was very amused when people were saying Dangote refienry would lower prices.It won't.

And I agree with deregulation. The problem is....MOST nigerians think it is a bad idea....DESPITE the fact that we have not been able to afford it for 10 years!

Deregulation is fine. But we must also pay international salary. We shouldn't sell fuel at international price and pay citizens #19K, from where will they get money to buy the fuel. Or we want them to steal

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia / 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks / Download Free Forex Ea/robots Free With Successful Backtest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.