Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,587 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Must Nigeria Govt Dehumanize Poor Nigerians To Generate Revenue By Joshua Best - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Nigeria Govt Dehumanize Poor Nigerians To Generate Revenue By Joshua Best (225 Views)

Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT / COVID-19: Ahmad Lawan Urges Buhari To Provide Relief For Poor Nigerians / Shehu Sani: Recovered Abacha Loot Should Not Be Shared To Poor Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Nigeria Govt Dehumanize Poor Nigerians To Generate Revenue By Joshua Best by joshua09(f): 10:23am On Feb 04, 2019
Must Lagos state govt dehumanize Poor Lagosians to generate revenue
Do you know the Lagos st?ate government engaged the services of hoodlum as members of Lagos State Environment and Special Offences Enforcement Unit who go about terrorising Lagosians under the guise of arresting and prosecuting of violators of the provision of Lagos Road Traffic Law 2012.
Terror was unleased on Alimosho local government yesterday by these hoodlums under the guidance of a Lagos state kangaroo mobile Court officials where 3 judges and 2 lawyers and one Mobile kangaroo court clerk will coerce you to plead guilty to charges or you go to jail if you plead not guilty.
They assault people at free will, they use tear gas on poor populace without thinking. They will dehumanize you by dragging you into black Maria.
Their modus operandi.
They Lagos state task force under the name of Lagos State Environment and Special Offences Enforcement Unit work from 9am-12pm Monday -Friday.
They have urchins who are under the services of Lagos state govt whose job is to loose Plate Number of vehicles parked on the road. They don't care if you are in distress, they enter streets, infact one of the kangaroo mobile court official said their is no inner street in Lagos. They loose any plate number.
You dare not talk or take picture of these urchins if you do you will be decimated by these hoodlums.
They will now charge you without you having a lawyer coerce you to plead guilty or taken to Badagry jail.
They will now fine you 50k-250k as they case may be.

I was a victim of these hoodlum and was coerced to pay plead guilty, threatened with jail by the kangaroo mobile court officials fined the sum of N50,000 which I paid yesterday before I was left off the hook. I met a young guy who had no cash I had to borrow him 50k or he will be taken to jail also.
This is not the Lagos we want.
Ettu Mohammed will press for charges.
Cc Alex Omorodion
OSHODI is their nes

by joshua best premei

1 Share

Re: Must Nigeria Govt Dehumanize Poor Nigerians To Generate Revenue By Joshua Best by femidejulius(m): 10:33am On Feb 04, 2019
So unfortunate. Sorry for your loss.

You however failed to explain what happened in your writeup. Where were you picked? What offense did they say you committed? Where were you taken too? Did they come with a branded vehicle or unmarked one? What weapons were those who picked you up carrying? What time were you picked? What was the response from passers-by? How did you pay to free yourself? By cash or by POS?

(1) (Reply)

Ondo PDP Raises Alarm Over Plot By APC To Begin Illgal Arrest Of Their Top Leade / VIDEO: Lagos APC Gubernatorial Candidate - Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Governance / Nothing Must Happen To Rotimi Ajanaku, ZLP Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.