Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Money Saving Habits For Low Income Earners, Or Broke Students Like Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Money Saving Habits For Low Income Earners, Or Broke Students Like Me (264 Views)

Causes Of Poor Saving Habits Among Nigerians And The Way Out / Are You A Student Or Broke? Learn How I Make 40k Weekly Via Mini Importation / Money Saving Habits For Low Income Earners, Or Broke Students Like Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money Saving Habits For Low Income Earners, Or Broke Students Like Me by Theladysroom: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2019
As a young student in the University of Lagos, it can sometimes feel like the earth opened its mouth and swallowed all the money in the world. One minute you are balling on campus, the next, it’s like: Is this my last supper? In this journey of having, spending and needing money, I have learnt that the most important part of getting rich isn’t making the money. It’s putting it away either through savings or investing.

As humans, we are perpetual consumers. We want the next best thing. The new shoes, bags, vacations etc. And then, there will always be bills to pay. Food, internet, clothes, toll gate fees, fuel for your car. The things you can’t live without! So how then do you save if you keep spending?
Here are a few tips that can help you keep account of your spending and ultimately, your savings.

Pay off debt
No matter what you’re making, if you have debt hanging over your head, it is never going to feel like you earn enough. Try to not get into debt in the first place. “Gbese” isn’t pretty in the least. In this part of the world, we thankfully don’t have student loans or credit card bills. But, if you have any debts, spread your debt paying over a period and make sure you pay promptly.

Create a budget
After you get your allowance/salary, what next? You should have a clear idea on what amount of your income goes to a certain expense. This is where budgeting comes in. https://theladysroom.ng/money-saving-habits/

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now: Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2019 / WAEC SSCE May June Timetable 2019 Download / ICYMI: ‘only 28 Candidates Registered For Common Entrance Exam In Zamfara’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.