Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Car Refuses To Start - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Refuses To Start (550 Views)

My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. / Reason Why Your Car Refuses To Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Refuses To Start by Boxzyy24: 11:07am On Feb 04, 2019
Good morning,please I own a 2013 Hyundai Elantra automatic transmission and my car doesn't start after changing my crankshaft sensors as the old one cut,when the car is rolled from the engine,the kick start rolls the engine but it doesn't start,but when rolled with the key,it doesn't roll,just makes a kack kack kack sound,it happened after a rewire opened the fuse box,prior to that,when the engine is cold it won't start,I'll have to crank it for a while pressing the throttle before it starts and when it does it doesn't function well at all,it doesn't rev properly but when the engine heats up it starts,it happened for a while until now it doesn't start AT ALL
Please I'm confused now cause they don't know the cause of the problem as every wiring is not faulty,but they say enough light is not entering the kick start,and they say it's brainbox issue
Please help

Re: Car Refuses To Start by SortOut: 11:22am On Feb 04, 2019
cc Gazzuzz.
Re: Car Refuses To Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39am On Feb 04, 2019
Boxzyy24:
Good morning,please I own a 2013 Hyundai Elantra automatic transmission and my car doesn't start after changing my crankshaft sensors as the old one cut,when the car is rolled from the engine,the kick start rolls the engine but it doesn't start,but when rolled with the key,it doesn't roll,just makes a kack kack kack sound,it happened after a rewire opened the fuse box,prior to that,when the engine is cold it won't start,I'll have to crank it for a while pressing the throttle before it starts and when it does it doesn't function well at all,it doesn't rev properly but when the engine heats up it starts,it happened for a while until now it doesn't start AT ALL
Please I'm confused now cause they don't know the cause of the problem as every wiring is not faulty,but they say enough light is not entering the kick start,and they say it's brainbox issue
Please help

change technicians it's a 2013 Elantra not a 2005 corrola

2 Likes

Re: Car Refuses To Start by MotorGuru: 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2019
Boxzyy24:
Please help

This is a mission to reduce that car to scrap.

The crankshaft sensor failure is not uncommon with this car, and should be a simple fix.
Please get another mechanic who at least knows how to scan your car and interpret codes.
Re: Car Refuses To Start by Boxzyy24: 1:50am On Feb 12, 2019
MotorGuru:

This is a mission to reduce that car to scrap.

The crankshaft sensor failure is not uncommon with this car, and should be a simple fix.
Please get another mechanic who at least knows how to scan your car and interpret codes.

I've done that,a rewire has scanned the car,changed the sensor but it doesn't still start at all
Re: Car Refuses To Start by Boxzyy24: 1:53am On Feb 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

change technicians it's a 2013 Elantra not a 2005 corrola

Done that,scanned the car as well,changed the crankshaft sensor but it's not still starting for almost a month now,Mr Gazzuzz please I need help
Re: Car Refuses To Start by Richdam(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2019
Boxzyy24:
Please help

I suffered same thing with my 2009 model,nothing is wrong with your brain box, get a new crankshaft sensor and confirm that they are all plugged properly, simple. But scan first. If you need further support,call me on 08086789008

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Primera 03 Neatly Use For Sale / Reg 05 Model Volvo S60 Silver SOLD!! SOLD!!! / SOLD : Sienna XLE 2004 Fabric Tokunbo 2.2M 07062725752

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.