Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB (1158 Views)

2023: Ohanaeze, Others Name Amaechi, Umahi, Onu As Best Presidential Candidate / Amotekun: IPOB Commends South-West Governors, Blasts Ohanaeze, Others / Prof. Soyinka Has Refused To Endorse Me For President – Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Limitednow: 11:19am On Feb 04, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated why some major socio-cultural groups in the country refused to endorse him for a second term in office.

At the weekend, the Northern Elders Forum (Core North), Afenifere (South West), Ohanaeze Ndigbo (South East), Pan Niger Delta Forum (South South) and Middle Belt Forum (North Central) were some of the groups who kicked against the political ambition of the president.

They instead pitched their tent with Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking through Festus Keyamo, the director of communications in his campaign team, the president said the groups refused to endorse him because he refused to use them as middle men between himself and Nigerians.

“In the past, it used to be that some of this groups, they used this platforms as to purport to represent their people and then purport to be middle men between government and their people,” Mr Keyamo said while featuring on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics monitored by POLITICS TIMES yesterday.

“And in so doing, they get patronage from government in the past, and in those patronage they don’t trickle down to their people but they pretend to represent their people.

“They wear big apparel, big beads and go to the villa everyday and say we are the representative of our people, of our regions, whereas this are people who are totally disconnected from their people,” he said.

Buhari’s spokesman who alleged that the leaders of the various group cannot deliver their wards during election challenged them to a popularity contest.

“I want to challenge the so-called groups now, we are still on our campaign rally, let them call a rally the same day we are arriving that region.

“I am challenging them openly, I am challenging the faction of Afenifere, we have not gone to Lagos, Ekiti, I am challenging them to call a Yoruba rally the same day at another venue in Lagos.”

Kayamo also threw the same challenge to Middle Belt Forum, adding that, “the people don’t listen to them (group leaders) again.”

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/why-nef-afenifere-ohanaeze-others-refused-to-endorse-me-for-second-term-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Bethel4Life(f): 11:21am On Feb 04, 2019
the truth is that nobody endorses a terrorist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 04, 2019
Buhari has simply failed he needs rest that's why we will give him the rest he needs come February 16th

1 Like

Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Bethel4Life(f): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2019
Those that supports buhari are not only fools but also stupid....... Obj

2 Likes

Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by BuhariAdvocate: 11:29am On Feb 04, 2019
Useless group.
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Niorte: 11:32am On Feb 04, 2019
Excuse me sir, they are not the only one who have refused to endorse you. We the reasonable Nigerians have also refused to endorse you for your nepotic and divisive tendencies.

Sir, you are very incompetent and lack agility and charisma of the office.

1 Like

Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Elayna(f): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2019
Nobody can support a terrorist
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Dannyset(m): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2019
We will shame them all after the election. They all want to collect money on our behalf and decide for us as they did Jonathan. Nah!

Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Elayna(f): 11:36am On Feb 04, 2019
grin
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by BuhariLooter(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
video evidence surfaced of Gandugge, a sitting governor in the ruling party collecting bribe of 5million dollar and yet Mr president celebrated him during his campaign and said he is innocent until proven guilty by the court of Law.Free and fair election PDP will win .
NC=PDP
SS=PDP
SE=PDP
NE=99% for PDP
NW=99% for PDP
SW=99% for PDP
Atiku will win.Selective Anti corruption Fight against perceived political enemies while openly celebrating and shielding corrupt elements in his party. Off course it is no longer news that the Anti corruption War that is being fought by the Buhari led Administration is fake and aimed at the opposition party unless proven otherwise. By looking at the following scenario, you be the judge.
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by BuhariLooter(m): 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
#OperationBackToDauraAtikulate
When the people of Nigeria heard and saw all these, there was much jubilation across the land. And the people began to shout, ‘Atikulate! Atikulate!!’ And they began to greet one another in the name of ‘Atikulate!’
In this manner they greet one another, “Have you Atikulated today?”
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by BuhariLooter(m): 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
Anybody not voting atiku issa bastard.There's a huge difference between HE Atiku Abubakar and the lifeless one. The lifeless one is naturally unintelligent and extremely rigid, can't differentiate his left from his right and has no plan to change the system. He's like a remote control.
Atiku is flexible and a business friendly guy who has friends everywhere and already has a policy framework which he's going to pursue vigorously for the betterment of Nigerians.
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by SalamRushdie: 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
I know he will come up with his usual lies ..
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by SalamRushdie: 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2019
Dannyset:
We will shame them all after the election. They all want to collect money on our behalf and decide for us as they did Jonathan. Nah!

then why are you collecting money to support Buhari
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by jumobi1(m): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
Buhari would be tolerable if he was more inclusive. He comes accross as a tribalist so it’s hard to support him even if he is limiting corruption.

Plus he is no longer in charge.
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by sogodihno: 6:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
We sane Nigerians have endorse you sir. With all the kneeling down and envelope GEJ shared in SW he still failed woefully.

PMB till 2023.

NEXT LEVEL
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by deboysben(m): 6:40pm On Feb 07, 2019
Who wan support a demented blood tasty vampire

1 Like

Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by Turantula(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
Dannyset:
Shame didn't even allow this one to show his face, else he will be rejected by the society
Re: Why NEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others Refused To Endorse Me For Second Term – PMB by buhariguy(m): 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
jumobi1:
Buhari would be tolerable if he was more inclusive. He comes accross as a tribalist so it’s hard to support him even if he is limiting corruption.

Plus he is no longer in charge.
these same group were against him in 2015 without doing them any harm before ,
Just because he refuse to give them bribe a

(1) (Reply)

Tears like river as ipob elders cry and blesses Biafra - Biafra news today / OGONI: FG Transfers License Of Oil Wells From Shell To NNPC / Guber Polls: Nigeria Will Burn If You Rig Re-run, Reps Warn APC, INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.