Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

How A Woman Can Get Custody Of Kids In An Abusive Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Woman Can Get Custody Of Kids In An Abusive Marriage. (449 Views)

How To Get Custody Of My Daughter / U.S Mum Living In Saudi Loses Custody Of Her Daughter Because She's Too Western / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Woman Can Get Custody Of Kids In An Abusive Marriage. by PraisesG(f): 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
Please,I'm posting on behalf of a friend.
How can a woman gain custody of her kids in an abusive marriage.
The husband uses belt on her, when ever there's an altercation.
She temporarily seperated from him for two months,two years ago or so and ran back,to the man despite warning because of her kids.
She just contacted me,that the violence is worse now after pretending all these years he have turned a new leaf.
I know FIDA works well in the south, how does it work in the north
Re: How A Woman Can Get Custody Of Kids In An Abusive Marriage. by ibkn(m): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2019
it depends on the state your u are and the laws governing same. FIDA will be a useful help but once the state laws don't provide for same there is little that can be done
Re: How A Woman Can Get Custody Of Kids In An Abusive Marriage. by PraisesG(f): 7:04am On Feb 05, 2019
ibkn:
it depends on the state your u are and the laws governing same. FIDA will be a useful help but once the state laws don't provide for same there is little that can be done
Thanks alot, that's my fear.
We are talking of Plateau state.

(1) (Reply)

Borehole Drilling Services / DIVORCE YOUR WIFE , LOSE YOUR HOUSE TO HER , OYO COURT RULES / Banana Boxer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.