Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro (1157 Views)

Ex Ekiti State Governor’s Brother ‘fayose’ Advises People Of Lagos To Shun Atiku / Oyo Gov: Tribunal Disallows Inec’s Witness From Testifying / Photos Of Jafar Jafar Leaving Kano Safely After Testifying Against Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, told the Federal High Court, Lagos today that he was testifying against immediate past Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose reluctantly, noting that they enjoyed a good relationship while they were both members of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Justice Mojisola Olatoregun of Federal High Court sitting in Lagos had continued trial Fayose, with Obanikoro saying in the course of being grilled by the defence counsel, Mr Olalekan Ojo (SAN) that, "I'm trying to restrain myself from saying things that will further damage our relationship!"
But pushing him further, the defence counsel, Ojo, asked, "So, will it be correct to say that you are giving evidence in this case reluctantly?"
Answering, Obanikoro said, "It's painful for me to give evidence against him (Fayose); no doubt about it. It is indeed very painful."

Obanikoro has since defected from the PDP to the ruling All Progressives Congress, while Fayose remains a member of the PDP.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is prosecuting Fayose for allegedly taking N2.2bn from the office of the National Security Adviser to prosecute his governorship election in 2014.
At the previous hearing, Obanikoro had claimed that he took N2.2bn from Dasuki for onward delivery to Fayose in Ado Ekiti, adding that on Fayose's instructions, part of the money was changed into US dollars before delivery.

However, while being cross-examined today, he said he never mentioned in his statements to the EFCC that he received Dollars from any Bureau De Change and that he did not also present any document that Fayose received dollars from him.
Earlier while cross-examining Obanikoro, the first defence counsel, Chief Kanu Agabi (SAN), asked the ex-minister if he was earlier treated as a suspect by the EFCC while investigating the case.
In reply, Obanikoro said, "I don't understand; come again."

"You were yourself investigated?" Agabi insisted.
"Correct," Obanikoro replied.
"You made your statement (to the EFCC) in defence of yourself?" Agabi asked.
"You can say that," Obanikoro replied, adding that, "My statement was what transpired and that's what I gave evidence to."
Asked whether investigation by the EFCC led to the seizure of some of his properties, Obanikoro said, "No. Not at any time to the best of my knowledge."
"But there were news reports at the time that some of your assets were seized," Agabi said.
"They were selling their papers; why should I take issues with them?" Obanikoro queried.
But when later asked if he made a refund of N200m to the EFCC, the ex-minister admitted.
"By making this admission of refund, your being treated as a suspect was justified," Agabi said.
"You are wrong sir; very wrong," Obanikoro replied.
He maintained that he did not use any part of the money for personal purposes, adding that he made the N200m refund reluctantly.

"I said I deserve a medal of honour for the protection of Lagos State which we did," Obanikoro said.
When Agabi suggested to him that he would not have taken up the assignment of delivering the N2.2bn to Fayose if he knew that the transaction was not legitimate, Obanikoro said, "Correct."
Then Agabi said, "Those who brought you under suspicion were acting in bad in faith."
"Yes," Obanikoro said.
Agabi also asked him if the statement he made to the EFCC on October 17, 2016 was in response to a petition against him by the NSA, and Obanikoro responded in the affirmative.
Agabi: That petition complained, among other things, that you collected money from the office of the NSA, for projects you did not execute?
Obanikoro: Correct.

Agabi: Did you say, in the course of your examination-in-chief, that it was the NSA that instructed you to furnish your account?
Obanikoro: Yes.
Agabi: If that was so, why will the NSA then turn around and write a petition against you?
Obanikoro: Don't let us confuse the current NSA with the past NSA. It was the current NSA that wrote the petition against me.
Obanikoro told the court that the N2.2bn he took from Dasuki on Fayose's behalf was paid into the account of a firm, Sylvan Mcmanara Ltd, owned by one Taiwo Kareem.
Asked what informed the choice of that bank account, Obanikoro said, "We came about that company based on the fact that they made a presentation to then NSA when the issue of security arose in Lagos and he was convinced that they had the capacity to do the job."
He said it was Dasuki that appointed Kareem as the sole signatory to the account.
"Do you know Gbolahan Obanikoro?" Agabi asked.
"That's my son," Obanikoro said, adding that he is 33 years old.
"Are you aware that he made a payment of N20,000 into the account of Sylvan Mcmanara Ltd?" Agabi asked.
Obanikoro, who was confronted with the account statement of Sylvan Mcmanara Ltd, said, "That is correct. But it was on May 18, 2012."
"That was actually the first payment into that account," Agabi said.
"Correct," Obanikoro admitted.
"The second payment of N5m was made by your own self," Agabi said, to which Obanikoro replied, "Correct; September 2012."
When shown two N5m transfers made to unidentified individuals, Obanikoro said he could not recall who the beneficiaries were and the purpose for the payments.

He was also shown a N50m transfer to Rehoboth Homes and Development, to which he admitted was done on his instructions, but said he could not recall the purpose of the transaction.
"I can't recall; it must have been one of the sources to get dollars for Mr Fayose because the money was meant for that purpose. I can categorically say that the N50m was for the benefit of the 1st defendant (Fayose)," Obanikoro said.
Further proceedings were adjourned till tomorrow

https://www.legit.ng/1219813-its-painful-testify-fayose-obanikoro.html?fbclid=IwAR0FneC-ZoOvQhmm6FIXcQFdv7EW6A0GZBVHgAMuZxxFyFJn2jguR4BpGj0

2 Likes

Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by HtwoOw: 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
Fayose is in sefiya pains

all those of you who will call koro saint

…………………./´¯/)
………………..,/¯../
………………./…./
…………./´¯/’…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./’/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..(‘(…´…´…. ¯~/’…’)
………\……………..’…../
……….”…\………. _.·´
…………\…………..(
…………..\………….\…
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by amaham(m): 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
Obanikoro is going down with fayose, Apc can't save him
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by id911(m): 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
Since I was born even till now , I have never come across a Northern Muslim politician testifying against his fellow Northern Muslim politician in court. Some Southerners are fools

1 Like

Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by nuban07(m): 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
You are both thieves
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by Racoon(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
cheesy Hehehe! Laughing @ the stupidity of this man called Musiliu Obanikoro.Guess it's confession time? Better confess very well.APC knows which kind of corruption they truly fight.Enjoy your fame while it last.
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hmm. Brother indeed!

Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by TheFreeOne: 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2019
Obanikoro cuts a deal to deliver Fayose on a platter but he can't wiggle out of this case with those tissues of lies/contradictions because he's deeply enmeshed too.
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by adem30: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
id911:
Since I was born even till now , I have never come across a Northern Muslim politician testifying against his fellow Northern Muslim politician in court. Some Southerners are fools
Tribalism has eaten deep in your heart. You are just looking for every means to defend another confessing looter, same way you guys are defending Former CJN
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by orion7: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
id911:
obanikoro and akpabio 're useless men
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by Iwanttoto1: 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hw can it be painful for u?

U are an afonja na with afonjaic blood flowing in you, so u shouldnt be in sifia pains

1 Like

Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by abduljabbar4(m): 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
id911:

So southerners are foolish for doing the right thing amd embracing honesty. Remember, you guys always say we are uncivilised so why do you want to emulate us and become uncivilised as well?
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by Guestlander: 10:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
You did the right thing sir.
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by focus7: 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
Brothers in crime and Jonathan was the father of the criminals
Re: It's Very Painful For Me Testifying Against My Brother Fayose- Obanikoro by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
id911:
Then u know nothing

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Lanre Tejuoso Delivers His Ward For Buhari, Amosun And Osoba (pics) / OGONI: FG Transfers License Of Oil Wells From Shell To NNPC / Guber Polls: Nigeria Will Burn If You Rig Re-run, Reps Warn APC, INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.