Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market (3093 Views)

Shoppers Storm Onitsha Main Market For Christmas Shopping (Video) / Chinese Spotted At Onitsha Main Market, Speaks Igbo, Claims Anambra Origin:video / Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Basalt(m): 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hi guys. Please, I don't want to bore you guys with long stories.
After some few research, I found out that Onitsha main market is the biggest market in West Africa and therefore whatever you sell there will surely be patronised.
I want to start a business there and I am considering a good that is always in demand.
A good that is not so perishable and a good that I can easily sell.

I am considering
1. Clothes and shoes
2. Engine oil
3. Etc

I have like 2million for the business.
You can as well suggest to me any other good business I can venture into.
I am looking forward to hearing your response
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Mgbadike80: 8:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
Basalt:
After some few research, I found out that Onitsha main market is the biggest market in West Africa and therefore whatever you sell there will surely be patronised.
I want to start a business there and I am considering a good that is always in demand.

I am considering
1. Clothes and shoes
2. Engine oil
3. Etc

all businesses sell here but you must learn it from the local traders through apprenticeship to stand a better chance of survival.

2 Likes

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by genternity(m): 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
start with scrab gold or jelweries
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Basalt(m): 12:44am On Feb 10, 2019
Mgbadike80:
all businesses sell here but you must learn it from the local traders through apprenticeship to stand a better chance of survival.

hmmmm.
I visited Ochanja market today, after spending some hours there in the footwear market, I passed through Ochanja round about and headed to the almighty Main market and also surveyed that place.
Mehn, its not a childsplay, though their Ofe Nsala delicacy is second to none.
From my findings, I think It will require lots of experience, doggedness, money and smartness to survive there.
i visited many sides and even went to Emeka Offor plaza and i was at Onitcha till around 5pm and left few minutes before market closed.

Well, I think I will use the money and apply for Msc in germany this year.
I am too gentle for Main market, I will plan to leave this country and study more since I have a very nice result.

7 Likes

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by foand: 3:13am On Feb 10, 2019
I have a business proposal for you,Whatsapp me 08068488055.
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Mgbadike80: 3:40am On Feb 10, 2019
Basalt:

hmmmm.
I visited Ochanja market today, after spending some hours there in the footwear market, I passed through Ochanja round about and headed to the almighty Main market and also surveyed that place.
From my findings, I think It will require lots of experience, doggedness, money and smartness to survive there.
i visited many sides and even went to Emeka Offor plaza and i was at Onitcha till around 5pm and left few minutes before market closed.

I am too gentle for Main market, I will plan to leave this country and study more since I have a very nice result.
good idea but make sure that the money is enough to cover your costs of living in order to stand a chance of a successful visa application. Leaving this country is always a better idea especially if you come from a STEM background. Due to lack of jobs, almost everybody is now a trader making it very hard to survive in business.

2 Likes

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Basalt(m): 9:39am On Feb 10, 2019
Mgbadike80:
good idea but make sure that the money is enough to cover your costs of living in order to stand a chance of a successful visa application. Leaving this country is always a better idea especially if you come from a STEM background. Due to lack of jobs, almost everybody is now a trader making it very hard to survive in business.

It won't be enough but I will tell my relatives to complete it for me (that is if they will agree) if I reach Germany, I will send it back to them.

2 Likes

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Scout60(m): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2019
Basalt:

I am considering
1. Clothes and shoes
2. Engine oil
3. Etc

You never even go round onitsha market sef. Onitsha has virtually market for any type of commodity. We have building, auto spare parts, Belgium parts, generator parts and many more.

Who told u that u cannot do business in Onitsha. Before u start a business in onitsha, it is advisable that you take up apprenticeship from one of the successful traders there to enable gain ground
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by okenwa101(m): 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
[quote author=Basalt post=75580633]

hmmmm.
From my findings, I think It will require lots of experience, doggedness, money and
smartness to survive there.

If you could spend little time like 2months learn about computer and security gadget like camera, smoke detector, etc. Then use half of the 2mill import foreign used laptops and some new gadgets then market the, you could even sell from home without office, social media etc remember the world has moved to pc age and security wise and conscious. more advice kentoris27@gmail.com
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by SkinnyDude(m): 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2019
foand:
I have a business proposal for you,Whatsapp me 08068488055.
thief.. propose it here.. we all will also learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by computerboy: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
Basalt:

hmmmm.

grin You gave up before even starting. I think you will do well in Onitsha but learn the trade you want from the locals at least 6 months before opening your own
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by waka2: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2019
There is a business I've been thinking about for that area,ECOMMERCE, a site like alibaba that will be strong enough for people, so other region will not have to travel down there but can make order from here and get there goods but I'm not a tech person, would have cover Aba, Onitsha etc market.

1 Like

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Basalt(m): 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2019
Basalt:

hmmmm.

To God be the Glory, I am now in Germany doing my masters degree

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by NkShallom(f): 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Basalt:

To God be the Glory, I am now in Germany doing my masters degree

Hello, pls is there a way to contact you privately?, I need your advice on something.
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Basalt(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
NkShallom:

Hello, pls is there a way to contact you privately?, I need your advice on something.

This account is a highly confidential account.
I don't do pchats.
Ask anything you want to ask right here or any of my threads and I will answer you to the best of my knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by wordup: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2020
Kudos!!!
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by Basalt(m): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
wordup:
Good day Mr Basalt,

I'm soo very elated to have stumbled upon this thread, as it align well enough to my life mission in recent times.

Please sir, I've been really nursing a strong desire to relocate to Germany for quite some time now. I'm a recent pharmacy graduate (post internship), though I more interested in creating a career in the IT space (software engineering or anything related). I want to ask sire: How do you suggest, I'm able to achieve this. Either in furtherance of my pharmacy education, or to start building the educational foundation of my dream career - IT (whichever is more feasible).

Although, I've many more questions. However, I guess this could perhaps be a good place to begin with. Thanks

OK, I will be more free to respond few days from now after writing a very challenging exam.

Meanwhile, both options are great.
You should also know that Most professional courses here demand Deutsch proficiency to study.
Especially health related courses.
IT and medical professions are among the most demanded professions in Germany and you won't go wrong with any of them provided you know your onions very well

1 Like

Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by wordup: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Thanks for granting audience to me. Hope to hear from you soon
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by BeastOfNoTribe: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2020
cool
Re: Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market by wordup: 9:51am On Jul 18, 2020
Greetings...

(1) (Reply)

How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. / Happy Prop Firm Trader Journal / First Bank Of Nigeria’s Fixed Deposit Rate 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.