Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea (2892 Views)

Ugwuanyi Direct Council Chairmen, Neighborhood Watch, Others To Man Land Borders / Oshiomhole: No Man Born Of A Woman Can Bring Down Who God Stands With (Video) / APC To PDP Defection: No Man Of Honour Will Return To His Vomit - Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Biodun556(m): 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lagos is no man's land is a trash peddle by people who do not have history and a known ancestor.

He is not a reasonable fellow; he who bought a piece of land, collected receipt from land owners, later got certificate of occupancy from government and pays land use charge yearly and still claims that the city is no man's land.

In junior secondary school, we learnt about Oodua as the father of yorubas and Bayajida as the father of the hausas but that of liers and impostors can not be identified.

In senior secondary school we were taking through history of Benin kingdom, Oyo Empire, Sokoto Caliphate once more the history of this poeple cannot be traced. May be one day they will be considered by the isrealites even after failed DNA test.

In yoruba land history is part of our culture. An inhabited area with and organised set of people can never be said to belong to nobody. Through out the World, a land is acquired by those who claim ownership either through conquest, as first settlers, as gift or purchase.

A set of pepple who do not know their origin will not value the history of others. Those who do not have a known ancestor will not have regard for your own.

I was in a bus and got irritated by these poeple. They spread falsehood and still assuring follow commuters that they were saying the truth but the truth is bitter.

According to professor smith:

From historical account, as summarised by the evidence before the court in Onisiwo v. Attorney General and Amodu Tijani v, the Secretary for Southern Nigeria, the original settlers of Lagos were the Awori, the descendants of Olofin. Olofin had settled around the Iddo area around the 16th century as the first settler. He was later joined there by one Ogunfunminire, a Yoruba prince from Ile-Ife, who had his base in Isheri about 20km from Iddo. From Iddo, they began to establish settlements all over the nearby island of Eko and the mainland of Ebute Metta. Subsequently, Olofin parcelled out the island and part of the adjoining mainland among some 16 subordinate chiefs known as the ‘white-cap chiefs’ in recognition of their dominion over portions parcelled out to them.

The contact with the Bini, which is of great significance to the throne of the Oba of Lagos today, occurred in the 18th Century with the conquest of the Iddo – the first settlement of the Olofin, by the Bini warriors and the appointment of a regent known as the Eleko by the then Oba of Benin as the ruler of the island. The first and successive Elekos became the Oba of Lagos, acknowledging the suzerainty and sovereignty of the Oba of Benin and paying tribute to him until sometime in 1850 when payment of tribute was stopped and the Oba of Lagos asserted his independence.

Should we then conclude that the Awori own Lagos?

If by ‘owning Lagos’ people meant owning the parcels of land forming the territory of Lagos, the answer is yes. Again, as I said, since the late 18th Century when the Oba of Lagos stopped paying tribute to the Oba of Benin, the independence of Oba of Lagos from any external control or influence came to an end. However, I should quickly add that the proprietary interests of the Awori have been streamlined and converted to rights of occupancy (popularly known as deemed grants) sequel to the enactment of the Land Use Act in 1978. There is an understanding between the royalty in Lagos and the landowners regarding existing arrangements and there is no argument as to the status. Credence is given to the view that the Awori ‘own land’ in Lagos by the popular protests of the white-cap chiefs following the Treaty of Cession in 1861 under which Oba Dosunmu (the descendant of Ado through Erelu Kuti) purportedly ceded land in Lagos to the British Crown on the grounds that he, Dosunmu, could not have given away what did not belong to him or to the throne, which fact was endorsed by subsequent judicial interpretations of the effect of the Treaty of Cession.

4 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
See,no matter wgarwhat u wrote up there,those ppl with hate they have for Yorubas will never listen.

Lemme tell u a secret I went to fb and searched every groups and pages of tribes in Nigeria, and guess what they all hate Yorubas.

I went to middle belt region south south south east arewa pages and groups on fb and I can authoratively tell u that these ppl hate Yorubas.

The hate that idoma igala ebira nupe isoko urhobo Edo Igbo jukun southern Kaduna tribes ekoi efik and all those tribes show so much hate for Yorubas.

The reason y Igbo's especially call Lagos no man's land is cause its not in their region, for this reason they hate Yorubas.

That's y u will always hear them say that only Lagos is developed in sw region.

I can give u 3 groups of middle belt region on fb Igbo on fb and south on fb and you will see the hate they have for us.

2 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Gabriel004: 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2019
You get time. I do not take them serious, today, they shout no man's land, tomorrow, they shout bin land. That is how confused a race can be.

4 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Chipink(f): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lagos is called a no man's land because it was developed by collective work of all the regions in Nigeria.
While Yorubas want to claim they did all by themselves alone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Chipink(f): 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
kolaxed98:
[s]See,no matter wgarwhat u wrote up there,those ppl with hate they have for Yorubas will never listen.
Lemme tell u a secret I went to fb and searched every groups and pages of tribes in Nigeria, and guess what they all hate Yorubas.
I went to middle belt region south south south east arewa pages and groups on fb and I can authoratively tell u that these ppl hate Yorubas.
The hate that idoma igala ebira nupe isoko urhobo Edo Igbo jukun southern Kaduna tribes ekoi efik and all those tribes show so much hate for Yorubas.

The reason y Igbo's especially call Lagos no man's land is cause its not in their region, for this reason they hate Yorubas.

I can give u 3 groups of middle belt region on fb Igbo on fb and south on fb and you will see the hate they have for us[/s]

Nobody hate u u are the ones hating urslef stop crying victim, u hate and call other people names too, it's a general thing

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by tollyboy5(m): 1:27am On Feb 05, 2019
kolaxed98:
See,no matter wgarwhat u wrote up there,those ppl with hate they have for Yorubas will never listen.

Stop the hypocrisy you remember our history to prove unnecessary point. Go and tell tinubu and sonwo-olu with Ambode that Lagos is not no man's land. We are children of our fathers we are not bastard. Agbaje19- is our son busari is our daughter. But sanwo/hamzat are B.A.S.T.A.R.D immigrant. angry

I can give u 3 groups of middle belt region on fb Igbo on fb and south on fb and you will ses.
Go and tell tinubu and sonwo-olu with Ambode that Lagos is not no man's land. We are children of our fathers we are not bastard. Agbaje19- is our son busari is our daughter. But sanwo/hamzat are B.A.S.T.A.R.D immigrant.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by tollyboy5(m): 1:33am On Feb 05, 2019
Chipink:

Nobody hate u u are the ones hating urslef stop crying victim, u hate and call other people names too, it's a general thing
Don't mind all these people they'll be shouting for us and still cheat us. Apart from lste Michael otedola the father of femi otedola we have never had an indigene governor in Lagos. Because tinubu see Lagos has no man's land where he can crown einself and appoint kings

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Gabriel004: 1:48am On Feb 05, 2019
Chipink:
Lagos is called a no man's land because it was developed by collective work of all the regions in Nigeria.
Collective ko. Come out and show us the part you develop n let us see. Wait o, Is it not bini land again?

3 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by 0koyeeboz: 1:50am On Feb 05, 2019
Chipink:

Because your fathers sold ice water to those building Lagos doesn't mean your fathers contributed to the development of Lagos.

If you claim you developed Lagos but your own region looks like Syria, you must have your head checked.

Right now, Ibeju Lekki is being developed. 20 years from now, your children would continue the family tradition of hawking gala and say that they developed Ibeju Lekki.

6 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 05, 2019
0koyeeboz:

Because your fathers sold ice water to those building Lagos doesn't mean your fathers contributed to the development of Lagos.

If you claim you developed Lagos but your own region looks like Syria, you must have your head checked.

Right now, Ibeju Lekki is being developed. 20 years from now, your children would continue the family tradition of hawking gala and say that they developed Ibeju Lekki.
Why do you like replying with insults?. Most of your comments are always full of insults. Also stop mentioning people's parents when throwing banters. It is becoming disgusting

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by 0koyeeboz: 2:33am On Feb 05, 2019
Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by 0koyeeboz: 2:35am On Feb 05, 2019
matex97:
Why do you like replying with insults?. Most of your comments are always full of insults. Also stop mentioning people's parents when throwing banters. It is becoming disgusting

Insultive because I shut up an ignorant bigoted revisionist who is fraudulently laying claim to other peoples' lands.

Yorubas can kill for 3 things: Politics, Land, Chieftaincy. Any other thing can be overlooked.

Matthew, better shut up and mind your business.

7 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by wowcatty: 4:52am On Feb 05, 2019
Lagos was developed by its people, the Yoruba before your unproductive freeloading fathers crawled on their barehands out of the forest into Yorubaland, since your lineage is useless and can't do anything on your own. How can you build other people's region when you can't build your own? How do you give what you don't have? Even now as we speak, your tribe doesn't contribute anything to Nigeria except crime, the 1% is just a ruse. Your ungrateful ass is still living off Yoruba, and instead for you fools to be worried about what become of your naked hairy ass when Nigeria breaks, you are everywhere chasing shadow, anyway you were eating your corpses before a Yoruba man(Ajayi Crowther) liberated your lineage, you will simply go back to doing just that.
Chipink:
Lagos is called a no man's land because it was qdeveloped by collective work of all the regions in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by overall90: 5:03am On Feb 05, 2019
Here we go again.
Are you people not tired of creating this kind of thread?
and for you foul mouthed e-warriors,why are you people not attacking tollyboy5 or at least address his concerns.is it because he has spoken the truth?
Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by wowcatty: 5:05am On Feb 05, 2019
The greatness of Yoruba is why you igbos came to Lagos in the first place. Lagos was developed before any of you came and will rebuild when you are all gone.You are welcome to fight Yoruba on their own land but no matter how long the war last, you will leave for your region and never step foot again on our territory. Even the almighty Russia gave up on former Soviet countrymen and the members of former Yugoslavia are wondering what took them so long. We are in this for the long run, get it!
wowcatty:
Lagos was developed by its people, the Yoruba before your unproductive freeloading fathers crawled on their barehands out of the forest into Yorubaland, since your lineage is useless and can't do anything on your own. How can you build other people's region when you can't build your own? How do you give what you don't have? Even now as we speak, your tribe doesn't contribute anything to Nigeria except crime, the 1% is just a ruse. Your ungrateful ass is still living off Yoruba, and instead for you fools to be worried about what become of your about to be exposed hairy ass when Nigeria breaks, you are everywhere chasing shadow, anyway you were eating your corpses before a Yoruba man(Ajayi Crowther) liberated your lineage, you will simply go back to doing just that.

3 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by jodeci(m): 5:13am On Feb 05, 2019
I wonder what these arguments and counter arguments will change. If you all like kill each other, Lagos will remain Lagos.
Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by wowcatty: 5:23am On Feb 05, 2019
Lagos will not remain the Lagos you know now, not after what is coming. Lagos will go back to what it was intended, when Yoruba had separate govt, when we didn't have the burden of carrying igbos and fulani on our back. When all the money generated from the land is reinvested back and not taking to Hausaland or igboland. As for fulani, their own land is in futajalon somewhere in Senegal.
jodeci:
I wonder what these arguments and counter arguments will change. If you all like kill each other, Lagos will remain Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Chipink(f): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2019
Gabriel004:
Collective ko. Come out and show us the part you develop n let us see. Wait o, Is it not bini land again?

By ancestry it is owned by Bini
By development it's a collective work of entire Nigeria.. Yes Lagos is a no man's land

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Parada: 12:39pm On Feb 05, 2019
I presume your pathetic senseless father told you to address concerns from fools simply because they are foolish ba ? The foolishness of some many of you Biafran need to be beaten off with razor sharp matchet.
overall90:
Here we go again.
Are you people not tired of creating this kind of thread?
and for you foul mouthed e-warriors,why are you people not attacking tollyboy5 or at least address his concerns.is it because he has spoken the truth?

3 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Asshurbanipal: 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
After turning their land to rusty shythole because of laziness they come to claim no man's land. Afonja cowards
Yoruba had zero population in lagos till 1931 after which they took advantage of proximity to pour into lagos like sand. Hausa, igbo, ijaw and edo were the largest earliest settlers in lagos apart from scanty aboriginal aworis living far away in remote villages. It is funny that these late settlers who actually are the reason why lagos became nomansland are the ones complaining. Study this document carefully

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by overall90: 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
Parada:
I presume your pathetic senseless father told you to address concerns from fools simply because they are foolish ba ? The foolishness of some many of you Biafran need to be beaten off with razor sharp matchet.

why not take snipper like your ilks have been doing and end this misery once and for all.
if you are not a coward,why didn't you address him and call him a fool directly instead of hiding under my mention to insult your whoring mother who raised you in a brothel.

2 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
0koyeeboz:

Insultive because I shut up an ignorant bigoted revisionist who is fraudulently laying claim to other peoples' lands.

Yorubas can kill for 3 things: Politics, Land, Chieftaincy. Any other thing can be overlooked.

Matthew, better shut up and mind your business.
I quoted you without any insult but you can't do the same. I guess you got such trait either genetically or you acquired it.

Stop acting childish
For your info, I don't support the idea of anyone calling Lagos a no man's land

3 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by 0koyeeboz: 2:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
matex97:
I quoted you without any insult but you can't do the same. I guess you got such trait either genetically or you acquired it.

Stop acting childish
For your info, I don't support the idea of anyone calling Lagos a no man's land

Yes na, I acquired it from your father.

Ill-bred mongrel

1 Like

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
0koyeeboz:

Yes na, I acquired it from your father.
Ill-bred mongrel
kid you need this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by ledamaster(m): 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
Since they dont have anything to show for their continued support of a massive failure Buhari and (by their own admitance) Abmode who has also failed woefully, They have now resulted to their usual divisive posts to whip up sentiments between Yorubas and other Nigerian tribes residing in peace for decades in Lagos. its only a foolish firstborn son that will be draging first born rights with his late fathers concubine son. Not even the lesser educated and exposed Gbagis would be seen on broad day lights dragging who owns Abuja with other Nigerians.
APC BMC should tell Lagosians why Lagos is still a shithole despite raking in over #6trillion from 1999-2019 under Tinubus grip and leave Igbos and other Nigerians living in Lagos alone. Did Igbos impose Ambode on Lagos? are the Igbos the ones rulling Lagos all this while? So why the blukus measurement exercise?
As For the senseless Igbos always decieved into engaging this senseless ventures, I thought they say Igbos are serious business people? why are you engaging in a profitless activity? Go and find something profitable to do. No need to make senseless noise online. Just go and get your PVC and vote whom so ever you belive is the best to govern Lagos, its your right as a tax paying Nigerian.

Egbun OP, goan sleep your propaganda has already failed. Its Oba Akiolu of Lagos that told the world Benin owns Lagos and not Igbos. Go and ask that garage tout of an Oba who owns Lagos.

LAGOSIANS, these people told you in 2011 that Fashola was not good again cos he refuse to share your IGR based on agreements, thank God you resisted, and in the end Fashola became the best governor ever in Lagos, Thesame bunch told you AMBODE and BUHARI is better than AGBAJE and GOODLUCK. Now that both have not only failed, they want you to reinforce a failure BUHARI but reject AMBO, cos he refused to share money. Now they have thrown up another garage Tout SANWU OLU to replace AMBODE.
Pls ask yourself, if their so called bettwr candidates has failed woefully, what moral roght do they have to pick another one for you? AGBAJE is was better than Fashola and Ambode, He is still a million times better than Sanwo Olu. Anyone that still thinks a massive failure like Buhari should be reelected has no business telling you who you shoukd vote for as Lagos governor.

1 Like

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by BuhariLooter(m): 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2019
for Buhari to boycott a debate which is our only means of holding him hostage and demand for accountability of his government yet he denied us that opportunity as a tyrant he have always bn...APC is busy selling an illitrate, mentally and physically challenged tyrant to us and all u people could do is continuing shifting blames and evading accountability...Of all the presidential contestants Buhari is the weakest healthwise, worst education and grossly demented. Those saying "sai baba" are those reaping from the gaping wounds Buhari's cluelessness, old age and compound ignorance create. They don't care if Nigeria collapses. Don't destroy Nigeria because of greed. Posterity will not forgive you.Nigerians are also unwilling to protest in the face of a rigged election - They will just manage it instead.
Nigerians are not prepared to war.

2 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Chipink(f): 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
undecided AFONJAS THINK THEY OWN LAGOS, WHICH IS COLLECTIVE WORK OF NIGERIANS .
BUT GO TO OTHER YORUBA STATES, LIKE OGUN, OSUN, AND ONDO, THEY A ALL UNDEVELOPED VILLAGES with thick forests..
Then why don't they develop it like lagos

3 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Asshurbanipal: 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
tollyboy5:

Don't mind all these people they'll be shouting for us and still cheat us. Apart from lste Michael otedola the father of femi otedola we have never had an indigene governor in Lagos. Because tinubu see Lagos has no man's land where he can crown einself and appoint kings
They call igbos many bad names for supporting an indigenous lagosian. Yorubas are the ones actually making lagos a nomansland yet crying up and down. Can ondo man rule oyo state? Can osun man rule ekiti?

6 Likes

Re: Łagos Is No Man's Land; A Stupid Idea by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
One Nigeria, until Biafra comes to existence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweet Vowing To Kill Any Army Sent To SE / Four Unknown Gunmen Set Ablaze In Imo State (video, Photos) / Those Blaming Igbos Not To Attract Dangote, Suffering From Low Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.