Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Who Is Your Friend? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Is Your Friend? (292 Views)

(LESSON 16):-- 8 Ways To Make FOCUS Your Friend / What Your Friend Did To Earn A 6 Digit Salary Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Friend? by Hegela(m): 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
While growing up, my Mum would always say 'show me your friend and I will tell you who you are'! Some how back then it seemed she was been overbearing, going about repeating this over and again; now I know better!
If there is anything I do not take for granted, it is the kind of friends I make. I can have very many colleagues, but few friends. We might be coursemates, but not friends.

I have once had to take care of a business in a location that is about 8 hours away from where I was! I almost gave up on that venture, but then remembered that I had a friend in town; the only challenge was that this friend was a very busy man! The amazing thing was that, as soon as I mentioned what I needed done, he totally ignored his arrangements for the day and went about mine! I was totally awestruck!

This reminds me of what Sir Isaac Newton in a letter to his rival Robert Hooke, in 1676 said:

"What Descartes did was a good step. You have added much several ways, and especially in taking the colours of thin plates into philosophical consideration. If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."

Beloved, choose your friends wisely. No matter the resolution you make each year so long as your circle of friends remain, you will achieve little or nothing.

If he/she is not contributing to your life in any way, then that fellow is just occupying space!

You keep praying for God to send you 'helpers of destiny' but the position these 'helpers' should stay is occupied by someone else who just adds to the number.

Someone once said, if you have five millionaires as friends, you will become the sixth! If you have five foolish people as friends, you become the sixth!

Start with yourself, understand what you want and where you are going to; then choose people who will be a plus in this regard.

Never choose friends out of sympathy or just because others are having friends around them. Infact, it is better to be alone than to be with the wrong set of people.

On the other hand, please ask yourself, 'in what way am I contributing to the people around me?' How valuable am I to the people I call friends or to those who call me friend?

Hear what the Bible had to say about the friendship between David and Jonathan in 1 Samuel 18 vs 1-4 (ESV):

"As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul... Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own soul. And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was on him and gave it to David, and his armor, and even his sword and his bow and his belt."

Beloved, it is time to reevaluate your friend list. A wise man once said, "your network determines your net worth". Who is your friend?? Selah.

I call you blessed exceedingly. This season, God will open your eyes and grant you wisdom to choose the right people that will help you attain your purpose here on earth in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you exclusively! I love you, and there is nothing you can do about it!

Do have a great week!

#AlegehPrince
#TheSage!
©2019

(1) (Reply)

Possible Ways Of Overcoming Inferiority Complex / Get All The Answers To Your Mind Boggling Questions Sorted Out / Salvage The Retirement Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.