Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,087 members, 7,953,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

Top 5 Tips To Ace Your Auditions - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 5 Tips To Ace Your Auditions (274 Views)

Elderly Woman Participates In BBNaija Calabar Auditions, See Reactions / "Blood Flowed, Heads Broken At Lagos BBNaija Auditions"- An Eyewitness Account / The Crowd At The Bbnaija Auditions Is Proof Of Our Flawed Value System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Tips To Ace Your Auditions by VcStunner(m): 7:01am On Feb 05, 2019
Listen, i know you joined the industry 700yrs ago and have probably attended your 1000th audition.
or maybe you are about to attend your first or you have attended your first but it didn't go well .... hey we respect you veterans and newbies alike but this is very important for both the old and new. So gather here let me give you some tips that will help you get more jobs easier.

So here are my 5 tips to ace your auditions and secure a role:

1. Be super punctual:

Just make it a habit, in most cases for people in Lagos, depending on who is calling,,, people literally sleep in audition venues. the reason is simple, audition first when the energy and focus of your judge is fully concentrated on you. A small audition? make sure to be among the first 30, a big audition like the Africa Magic? try to be among the first 200. Same won't apply in Asaba or Enugu or PH, but be punctual.

2. Dress Well:

See your audition as an interview, yes its an interview in its own right! No, don't suit up if its a dance audition, don't swag up if the notice says "Epic". Just dress decently. Doesn't matter if you have a weird hairstyle... there is a role for everyone as long as you know what you are doing. Dress well, dress right but above all, make sure your dress gives you the much-needed confidence.

3. Come With Your Monologue:

A monologue is a short play of 30sec to 1min in which you are conversing with yourself or an imaginary second character. Typical of Nigerian judges, 85% will judge you based on how loud and expressive you are. Go hilarious if you are auditioning for a role in a comedy. Only use a cry monologue if you are very sure you can bring those tears under 30seconds otherwise get very unusual. This is the creative industry people, be creative with your monologue.

4. Be Confident:

Be careful, this one act can make or mar you. some perceive a level of confidence as being rude but again you can't afford to be found lacking in it. Put up the right dosage of confidence. Don't let it insult your judges, the idea is to wow them with it. Remember, no one honors the timid! Go in there, look them in the eye and say those lines. Be confident.

5. Be Extra!

How? you read they said come with 5by7 pictures? don't just go with a picture, Go with a short resume attached to your picture printed in half of an A4 paper. That's the international best practice, that's extra. Always remember that you are a professional because you put life in a lifeless situation, so when you do your thing, remember others will do it just same... add that extra and be extraordinary!

okay, there you have my top 5 tips... i will share more tips later. stay put and tell your friends to come and learn here.
check my blog https://vhfilm..com/?view=classic for auditions nationwide and other important acting tips.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

INEC CHAIRMAN Why_akwa Prophet Comedy / Everything You Need To Know About The Oscars Award Happening On Sunday / Gud Evening.. Pls Can A Third Class Apply For PGD In Canada University? If Yes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.