Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... (2386 Views)

Technology Has Made The World A Better Place To Live(debating) / My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! / How To Ask If PHCN Has Brought Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Chenzee(m): 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
I very well know how much you are used to seeing this topic. It's like a cliche to you right.
Technology has brought a lot of amazing stuffs to this world. It has brought vital components of a comfortable living to the world, things like education, medicine, microbiology, fashion etc. It has improved several sectors like transportation, finance, communication etc. Better still, it has transformed the world into a better and convenient place for you and I.
But it still has its bottlenecks. I must say, I'm tempted to have a rethink if really this technology has brought more good than harm or vice-versa. Considering the woman who lost all her children in the ill-fated Sosoliso plane crash on the same day. I wonder how she'd view technology. Road traffic accidents claiming lives by the day. life expectancy has suddenly dropped. Fashion has now turned to madness (bleaching and nudity), modesty is now a thing of the past. etc.
A lot may recount the different treatment we had and still have from this guy called technology.

What do you think?
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Dollywood(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2019
Chenzee:
I very well know how much you are used to seeing this topic. It's like a cliche to you right.
Technology has brought a lot of amazing stuffs to this world. It has brought vital components of a comfortable living to the world, things like education, medicine, microbiology, fashion etc. It has improved several sectors like transportation, finance, communication etc. Better still, it has transformed the world into a better and convenient place for you and I.
But it still has its bottlenecks. I must say, I'm tempted to have a rethink if really this technology has brought more good than harm or vice-versa. Considering the woman who lost all her children in the ill-fated Sosoliso plane crash on the same day. I wonder how she'd view technology. Road traffic accidents claiming lives by the day. life expectancy has suddenly dropped. Fashion has now turned to madness (bleaching and nudity), modesty is now a thing of the past. etc.
A lot may recount the different treatment we had and still have from this guy called technology.

What do you think?

So the Phone,the hospital, fast means of transportation and Television etc.. Science is life.. No matter the cataclysmic and disadvantageous circumstance it has we can't enjoy life without science
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Dollywood(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2019
So the Phone,the hospital, fast means of transportation and Television etc.. Science is life.. No matter the cataclysmic and disadvantageous circumstance it has we can't enjoy life without science
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Hahjascho(m): 1:00am On Feb 06, 2019
It has indeed done more harm than good why? because people have innate ability to abuse things.

Don't argue with me.
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 06, 2019
Chenzee:

What do you think?
The abuse of technology has indeed done more harm than good
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Chenzee(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2019
Hahjascho:
It has indeed done more harm than good why? because people have innate ability to abuse things.

Don't argue with me.

Abuse things like what?
You have to backup your point na....
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Chenzee(m): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2019
asuustrike1:
The abuse of technology has indeed done more harm than good
Need more explanation plsssssss.
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 06, 2019
Chenzee:

Need more explanation plsssssss.
Technology has been helpful to man however it has given abusers more methods of controlling and monitoring victims. Here are some ways technology can be used in abuse:
1.Intimidating and making threats via cell phone, text messages, and email
2.Accessing victim’s accounts (email, social media, etc.) without the victim’s consent and oftentimes without their knowledge
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Hahjascho(m): 12:54am On Feb 09, 2019
Chenzee:

Abuse things like what?
You have to backup your point na....
I meant people have abuse the normal usage of technology in all ramifications...... It was supposed to be a total blessing...... but wrongly usage and information acquisition through it has been over done

1 Like

Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Chenzee(m): 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2019
asuustrike1:

Technology has been helpful to man however it has given abusers more methods of controlling and monitoring victims. Here are some ways technology can be used in abuse:
1.Intimidating and making threats via cell phone, text messages, and email
2.Accessing victim’s accounts (email, social media, etc.) without the victim’s consent and oftentimes without their knowledge

Alright....
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Chenzee(m): 12:11pm On Feb 09, 2019
Hahjascho:
I meant people have abuse the normal usage of technology in all ramifications...... It was supposed to be a total blessing...... but wrongly usage and information acquisition through it has been over done

I would've asked for more clarification...All ramifications as in?
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Hahjascho(m): 12:27am On Feb 10, 2019
Chenzee:

Its okay Bro.
Re: Technology Has Brought More Harm Than Good.... by Hahjascho(m): 12:28am On Feb 10, 2019
Chenzee:

It's okay Bro.

(1) (Reply)

100% Sure Runs For Gre,gmat,toefl,ielts,sat,cgfns / Pls, Is Wace Gce Forms Still On Sales? / Help To Get Timetable For May/june Waec Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.