Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin (14163 Views)

Gumi Calls Femi Fani-Kayode Judas Of Oduduwa After He Joined APC / Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / APC Blasts Gov. Umahi, Declares Him Enemy Of Democracy For Banning It's Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by nairavsdollars(f): 10:22am On Feb 06, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Tuesday declared that he is now a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

He however maintained that he did not join the party for material reward.

Sagay, in a statement made available to DAILY INDEPENDENT, said he joined the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) founded by the late sage, Obafemi Awolowo, and later became a supporter of the defunct Alliance for Democracy (AD), Action Congress (AC) and Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) led by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who according to him, is the closest inheritor of Awolowo’s mantle.

Sagay, in the statement, also had some strong words for Yinka Odumakin, National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, who he said supported and became the spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari, then candidate of the Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) in the 2011 presidential election, but dumped him for former President Goodluck Jonathan, who won the election.

“I have never been involved in politics for gain in my life. In 1979, I joined the UPN of Chief Awolowo. I was a member of the UPN Think Tank, based in Ile-Ife and headed by no less a person than the late Prof. Sam Aluko. We asked for no material reward and were given none.

“I was a supporter of AD, AC and ACN led by Asiwaju Tinubu, who I regard as the closest inheritor of the Awolowo mantle. Now, I am a member of the APC and I am serving it just as I served the Action Group. I have not changed since 1962. I will never change.

“In 2011, Odumakin came calling at my house with a card from Gen. Buhari seeking my support. Odumakin spent two hours, vigorously putting across the high qualities of Gen. Buhari. Although, I was already inclined to support Buhari, Odumakin’s visit capped the whole matter.

“But, what of Odumakin himself? He was a chief supporter and spokesman for Buhari in 2011, but as the whole world knows, Buhari has no free money for anybody. And so, Odumakin packed his bag, abandoned Buhari and headed for Jonathan to become Jonathan’s errand boy.

“Jonathan lost the election and carpet bagger Odumakin pulled up his tent from Jonathan’s environment and headed for Atiku to pitch his tent there. Odumakin always follows the money…

“He is a man who moves from camp to camp in order to feed. Unfortunately, Odumakin brings bad luck to every principal he purports to serve. When he served Buhari, Buhari lost the presidential election in 2011. He moved on to Jonathan, and Jonathan lost the presidential election in 2015. Now that he has moved on to Atiku, Atiku’s fate can be foretold.”

Sagay, in the statement, also denied the claim allegedly made by Odumakin that he supported calls for the extradition in 2015 of the late Diepreye Alameiyeseigha, former governor of Bayelsa to the United Kingdom.

“For me, the most painful part of his savage attack on me is his assertion that I betrayed Deprieye Alameiyeseigha, former governor of Bayelsa State. Odumakin had made this assertion before in October 2017; I corrected it in the newspapers. That he has repeated these lies again shows that Odumakin is a chronic and unrepentant liar.

“Let me say straight away that I was strongly opposed to the rumoured move by government to extradite the former governor. I was certainly not consulted by the government and could therefore not have advised them on that subject. All these stories were concocted by his enemies in order to ruin my reputation.”
https://www.independent.ng/i-didnt-join-apc-for-material-gain-sagay/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by hisexcellency34: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2019
Not surprised. I have always wondered if the man is a member of the party based on his attacks on PDP and Saraki

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Imortal001: 10:27am On Feb 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by MuyiRano(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2019
Happy birthday to me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Greenishland(f): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2019
22 THINGS THAT MUST HAPPEN TO EVERY POLITICAL THUG.

⭕ As a thug you are forever not safe, until the day you die.

⭕ You are always in the run and in the hide, even when no body is chasing you.

⭕ No body trust you, not your family, not your friends and not even the politician you are working for.

⭕ Responsible people hardly keep you friends, because you have nothing else to offer in life except mayhem.

⭕ People avoid you secretly, if you don't look closely you won't notice it.

⭕ No matter the amount of money and wealth you acquire, you can never have rest of mind, because the blood you spill keeps crying to God for justice.

⭕ You can no longer follow your great dreams that you have always cherished.

⭕ Just like you take people to their graves untimely, the same way your death will come untimely.

⭕ You put your love ones at risk, especially your immediate family - and sooner or later they will be hurt no mater how much you try to protect them.

⭕ All the wealth you acquire especially money hardly last, because you spilled human blood to get it.

⭕ People fear you instead of respecting you.

⭕ Sooner or later your parents, relatives and friends will start avoiding you, since that is the only way their life can be safe because you are likely to be attack at any time.

⭕ You might become so rich and famous, but none of this will you enjoy to the fullest because you will not last long.

⭕Because people are avoiding you, Alcohol and strong drugs will become your reliever which will affect your health and make you perpetuate more evil.

⭕ in the future when people point at the Mansions of your mates, others will point at your grave.

⭕The politicians who are sponsoring you today will stop given you money immediately after the elections and you can't go back to those you hurt for help.

⭕ The politicians given you guns and machetes to kill their political enemies will kill you when you are done doing their biding.

⭕ The politicians who are calling you every day and returning your flashing will change their number immediately after the elections.

⭕The politicians who have flung their gate open and you go in and out as you please, some even ask you to meet them in their hotel rooms and you feel recognized, after the elections the Mopol at their gate will not allow you near their gate.

⭕If by chance you are arrested after the elections they will allow you rust in jail, because you are of no use to them.

⭕ If thuggery is a great Job, their sons will be shooting along side with you.

⭕ If thuggery is lucrative, they will be shooting the guns themselves.

DON'T JUST READ - SHARE IT AND LETS SAY NO TO THUGGERY.

written by
Omachi Isaac Achor

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Ebimor96: 10:29am On Feb 06, 2019
grin
We know your type and what you represent.

Why were you dismissed from UNIBEN?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Ebimor96: 10:29am On Feb 06, 2019
grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Fedayeen02: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2019
So Awolowo equals to Tinubu according to this Ugly Gregarious Slimy Bastardised Idiot who depends on butt licking to pay salaries at his dilapidated law chambers.

Satay you are Mad and forever remain Mad.

Thunder fire Tinubu and Sagay

19 Likes

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by maestroferdi: 10:31am On Feb 06, 2019
APC are here...Nigeria how far?

1 Like

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by fredoooooo: 10:31am On Feb 06, 2019
His life his choice ,Person wey no like am can kill himself ... e don join the moving train

6 Likes

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by hisexcellency34: 10:32am On Feb 06, 2019
Is Tinubu not greater than Awolowo the coward?

Fedayeen02:
So Awolowo equals to Tinubu according to this Ugly Gregarious Slimy Bastardised Idiot who depends on butt licking to pay salaries at his dilapidated law chambers.

Satay you are Mad and forever remain Mad.

Thunder fire Tinubu and Sagay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Racoon(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2019
“I was a supporter of AD, AC and ACN led by Asiwaju Tinubu, who I regard as the closest inheritor of the Awolowo mantle. Now, I am a member of the APC and I am serving it just as I served the Action Group. I have not changed since 1962. I will never change.

Although, I was already inclined to support Buhari, Odumakin’s visit capped the whole matter.
Imagine Sagay saying he supports a divisive, nepotic, clannish, ethnic supremacist and above all a monumental failure of a president called Buhari

Nothing new as reasonable Nigerians all knows where Sagay's interest lies in.No wonder Saraki called him a ill tempered elephant brought into the APC to chop. Foolish loud-mouthed fool.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by collinsprince: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2019
nairavsdollars:

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Tuesday declared that he is now a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

He however maintained that he did not join the party for material reward.

Sagay, in a statement made available to DAILY INDEPENDENT, said he joined the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) founded by the late sage, Obafemi Awolowo, and later became a supporter of the defunct Alliance for Democracy (AD), Action Congress (AC) and Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) led by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who according to him, is the closest inheritor of Awolowo’s mantle.

Sagay, in the statement, also had some strong words for Yinka Odumakin, National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, who he said supported and became the spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari, then candidate of the Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) in the 2011 presidential election, but dumped him for former President Goodluck Jonathan, who won the election.

“I have never been involved in politics for gain in my life. In 1979, I joined the UPN of Chief Awolowo. I was a member of the UPN Think Tank, based in Ile-Ife and headed by no less a person than the late Prof. Sam Aluko. We asked for no material reward and were given none.

“In 2011, Odumakin came calling at my house with a card from Gen. Buhari seeking my support. Odumakin spent two hours, vigorously putting across the high qualities of Gen. Buhari. Although, I was already inclined to support Buhari, Odumakin’s visit capped the whole matter.

“But, what of Odumakin himself? He was a chief supporter and spokesman for Buhari in 2011, but as the whole world knows, Buhari has no free money for anybody. And so, Odumakin packed his bag, abandoned Buhari and headed for Jonathan to become Jonathan’s errand boy.

“Jonathan lost the election and carpet bagger Odumakin pulled up his tent from Jonathan’s environment and headed for Atiku to pitch his tent there. Odumakin always follows the money…

“He is a man who moves from camp to camp in order to feed. Unfortunately, Odumakin brings bad luck to every principal he purports to serve. When he served Buhari, Buhari lost the presidential election in 2011. He moved on to Jonathan, and Jonathan lost the presidential election in 2015. Now that he has moved on to Atiku, Atiku’s fate can be foretold.”

Sagay, in the statement, also denied the claim allegedly made by Odumakin that he supported calls for the extradition in 2015 of the late Diepreye Alameiyeseigha, former governor of Bayelsa to the United Kingdom.

“For me, the most painful part of his savage attack on me is his assertion that I betrayed Deprieye Alameiyeseigha, former governor of Bayelsa State. Odumakin had made this assertion before in October 2017; I corrected it in the newspapers. That he has repeated these lies again shows that Odumakin is a chronic and unrepentant liar.

“Let me say straight away that I was strongly opposed to the rumoured move by government to extradite the former governor. I was certainly not consulted by the government and could therefore not have advised them on that subject. All these stories were concocted by his enemies in order to ruin my reputation.”
https://www.independent.ng/i-didnt-join-apc-for-material-gain-sagay/
BRAIN AND BEAUTY

Adorned with the colours of PDP on her gele; she shines like the true Niger-Deltan she is. This is the wife of the incoming vice president Peter Obi who is from AKWAIBOM state.

You see the Atiku/Obi ticket covers Nigeria.

Atiku is from the NORTH.... Married to an Igbo lady; a Yoruba lady. Obi is an Igbo man married to a Niger-Deltan.

7 Likes

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by MuyiRano(m): 10:34am On Feb 06, 2019
Iwanttoto1:

If u are an afonjaic zombie, furck u
But if u r a pdp, happy birthday
lol... imma proud Yoruba boy, and if I'm to choose btwn the two leading candidates, i prefer Atiku/Obi, but Sowore is my first choice

6 Likes

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Fedayeen02: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Is Tinubu not greater than Awolowo the coward?

Stop that Shit. Tinubu is a Theif. Barawo banza. He is not fit to even walk on Pa Awo footprints.

Tinubu only cares about himself. He is an idiot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2019
Did anyone ask you about Odumakin?

1 Like

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Janetq: 10:36am On Feb 06, 2019
The tittle of message for all churches in Nigeria this Sunday will be affliction shall not rise a second time book of Jeremiah

3 Likes

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Mikora: 10:37am On Feb 06, 2019
Story, we all know you went there for stomach infrastructure

5 Likes

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by dguyindcorner(m): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2019
MuyiRano:

lol... imma proud Yoruba boy, and if I'm to choose btwn the two leading candidates, i prefer Atiku/Obi, but Sowore is my first choice

You're not a proud yoruba boy.
Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Kagawa10: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2019
Abi o. See projects everywhere despite earning 60% less than Jonathan regime.

Baba too much project, carry go. Na Next level we dey go.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by koyeni(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2019
Ok

Check my signature
Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by Pulsenaija: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2019
Abi
Re: Sagay Reveals Why He Joined APC, Blasts Yinka Odumakin by SEONaijaExpert: 10:40am On Feb 06, 2019
APC is for right thinking people

Think APC, think Progressives

Think APC, think NEXT Level

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marina Jetty, CMS: When Would The Reconstruction Work There Continue? (PHOTOS) / Abubakar Malami - The Man Behind Nigeria's Edicts - Eden Finn / BUA Sugar Refinery: Trade Minister Makes U-turn, Reverses Directive On Sugar Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.