Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? (2430 Views)

Six Inches Hole Or Five Inches Solid Block Which One Is Better For Bungalow / We fabricating Concrete Block Moulding Machine / FG!!! Affordable Blocks Moulding Machine Of All Sizes, Fabricated in Lagos ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by EXICON(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello great professional builders/ engineers/...

Over to you as regards the topic. Your expert views and experience will be highly appreciated.

Which one pays off between moulding blocks d buying blocks for a house project.

LET'S roll.
Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by Coloradvantage(m): 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Moulding is far better. Speaking frm personal experience, you might be charged 12_ 15 naira per a block depending on your location. Dnt require a lot of water except when watering the blocks for firmness. No matter the price of sand. It is far better. The only thing is yur time and convinience
Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by joycluv: 5:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mould your blocks.
Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by Josnac(m): 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2019
Personally, I'll recommend you mould. Get people who can give you a good mix, its way better and less expensive... Plus you will get stronger blocks at lesser costs.
Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by Takoro13(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
Josnac:
Personally, I'll recommend you mould. Get people who can give you a good mix, its way better and less expensive... Plus you will get stronger blocks at lesser costs.
Are you a professional in block making? Please help us explain the processes involve in block making.

How many block per bag of cement, how many head pans of sand, type of suitable sand, how many required turn time, water process and other factors are expected to be explained
Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by Josnac(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
Takoro13:

Are you a professional in block making? Please help us explain the processes involve in block making.

How many block per bag of cement, how many head pans of sand, type of suitable sand, how many required turn time, water process and other factors are expected to be explained

Lol
Well, first off, I'm not a block moulder but a Structural Engineer and I happen to have worked with probably a lot of blocks from block industries and trust me, each and every one of them is strictly profit oriented as in every business venture...and as such, the quality isn't always as great as when you get moulders and pay them to do it at your site, good moulders oo.

You can get someone who would mould, for instance, 45 blocks of 5inches/ bag for like 700-800/bag and trust me, if the moulders know their onions, it will beat anything you can get from the block industries.. Apologies to block industry owners here, I'm not trying to ruin your business.

The number of blocks per bag will strictly depend on your desired quality.. I personally have seen a man build a bungalow with 6inch blocks moulded at 20-22/bag, yea it was a nightmare for bricklayers to cut but that was his choice.
As for sand, very sharp sand is ideal.

Then turning and water will all depend on who you give the stuff to mould, the man who moulded mine na one old papa wey be baba for area, you know like, people commends his work a lot..just look around your environment and also ask around, I'm sure you can get someone to give you what you desire.

1 Like

Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by Takoro13(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
Josnac:

Lol
Well, first off, I'm not a block moulder but a Structural Engineer and I happen to have worked with probably a lot of blocks from block industries and trust me, each and every one of them is strictly profit oriented as in every business venture...and as such, the quality isn't always as great as when you get moulders and pay them to do it at your site, good moulders oo.

You can get someone who would mould, for instance, 45 blocks of 5inches/ bag for like 700-800/bag and trust me, if the moulders know their onions, it will beat anything you can get from the block industries.. Apologies to block industry owners here, I'm not trying to ruin your business.

The number of blocks per bag will strictly depend on your desired quality.. I personally have seen a man build a bungalow with 6inch blocks moulded at 20-22/bag, yea it was a nightmare for bricklayers to cut but that was his choice.
As for sand, very sharp sand is ideal.

Then turning and water will all depend on who you give the stuff to mould, the man who moulded mine na one old papa wey be baba for area, you know like, people commends his work a lot..just look around your environment and also ask around, I'm sure you can get someone to give you what you desire.
Thanks sr. I understand your block is not hollow block we use here. Though depend on your chose but we prefer 35-40 per bag for 9" and 45-50 for 6". Please let your moulder turn the sand like three/four hands for good result and must be thoroughly and periodically wet.
Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by Josnac(m): 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2019
Takoro13:

Thanks sr. I understand your block is not hollow block we use here. Though depend on your chose but we prefer 35-40 per bag for 9" and 45-50 for 6". Please let your moulder turn the sand like three/four hands for good result and must be thoroughly and periodically wet.

45-50 blocks/bag of 6"
Really??, how strong can that be??
Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by Takoro13(m): 5:12am On Mar 20, 2019
Josnac:

45-50 blocks/bag of 6"
Really??, how strong can that be??
Is never a crime to go for that number if your sharp sand is sharp enough but is advisable to go low as 40 for better safety.
Re: Moulding Block Vs Buying Block: Which Is Better? by obi58: 6:02am On Mar 20, 2019
I will answer the question this way.

Buying and moulding both have their benefits and disadvantages. For example, It's better to buy blocks if you have a limited time to execute the project and have a desired target in mind as moulding takes time to mould and set and there is a limit to what your moulder can produce a day. You can hasten the process by hiring a series of moulders to work concurrently to ensure you meet up.

That said, moulding offers you the advantage of giving you what you want either in terms of quality or quantity or in terms of cost savings as it's cheaper.

So depends on you bro. If you are not in a hurry go for moulding but even with that you have to be vigilant to avoid being short-changed by your moulder who may seek to steal your cement by moulding more than the agreed amount of blocks per bag to save cement to sell off and add to his profit.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5bedroom Duplex Wit Swimming Pool In Maitama Fct Abuja.(+detailed Photograph / 2 Bedroom,3bedroom,duplex To Let At Ikeja,ogudo,maryland,oregun,ilupeju Axis / Cheap Plots In Dawaki, Kubwa and Karsana..........Selling Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.