Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Pythons In Imo State, Corp Member Narrates Her Experience. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pythons In Imo State, Corp Member Narrates Her Experience. (833 Views)

'FIFA VAR' Introduced In Village Football Competition In Imo State (photos) / Emmanuel Emenike's New House In Imo State (Photos) / Kelechi Nwakali Builds A New House In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pythons In Imo State, Corp Member Narrates Her Experience. by izeksblog: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2019
Nigerian youths pass through hell to serve their father's land. 

Izek's blog gathered from a corp member with name withheld serving in Njaba Local Government Area of Imo State shared a photo of a huge python she saw in broad daylight.

According to the Corp member, the python is a supposed deity in the community and as such is not suppose to be killed.

See story as narrated by her.

I heard about the whole snake issue after I was posted to Njaba but I disregarded it thinking it was a myth. To my dismay, the snake showed up one afternoon. I could not even move my legs due to shock. 

The locals told me if I killed it, I will need to bury it in a coffin, contract a musician to play, invite people, cook food and buy drinks just the same way a human is buried. They told me the snake came to welcome me into the community and that it does not hurt anybody. 

I later gathered from other corp members that the snakes could even enter your room and lie beside you especially when it's too cold. Ever since I have not recovered from the shock. sleeping has suddenly become a problem.

As if the stress we pass through is not enough these people also want to add hypertension to it. I feel this NYSC thing is not properly coordinated. These people should try investigating some communities before posting corp members.

https://izeksblog.com/2018/06/pythons-in-imo-state-corp-member/

Re: Pythons In Imo State, Corp Member Narrates Her Experience. by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 07, 2019
Eeeyah, omo na OYO you dey o. Dem warn you ahead, you say na myth.

Cuddle up with the snake, at least it won't hurt.
Re: Pythons In Imo State, Corp Member Narrates Her Experience. by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
I understand you plight, but you must understand that people have their cultures, believes and traditions. Its always advisable when you are with them to always respect those traditions, believes and culture, as thats your surest way to peaceful co existence with them.

That said,though snakes are always a scary sight to behold, that particular specie does not bite. I have personally held it a lot of times, toyed with it and it poses no danger.

Besides who said we must not care for nature as we always watch in NatGeo Wild?
Must we always kill every animal?

(1) (Reply)

CIV 1 - 1 Algeria / Outcome Of Kenya Stadium After 342000 Dollar Was Spent To Renovate / Chelsea Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.