Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,597 members, 7,865,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

50 Years After A Giant Was Born. Nigerian Development Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 Years After A Giant Was Born. Nigerian Development Report (517 Views)

Photos: Could This Be The Skeleton Of A Giant? / This Is The House Where Gen Buhari Was Born (photos) + Meet His Sister / Saudi-born Nigerian Charged With Terrorism In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

50 Years After A Giant Was Born. Nigerian Development Report by odumchi: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2010
[b]For many 50years is considered enough time for a nation to make visible and well needed changes. Within fifty years of independence, the United States was well of and well established. Within fifty years of Independence, Egypt was feeding its population, reaching all of its major power needs, and supplying jobs to its booming population, now let us see if we can say that for Nigeria.

To do this we went around asking some local residents to tell us how they think Nigeria has changed over the years and here were our replies:
One Mr.Samuel who owns a tire-repair shop replied saying: "Everything has gotten worse if not better. We no get light, we no get job, and our road be no good. Before I had a booming business but until the main-road began to fall apart do to poor maintenance and neglect, i no get customers. These roads are death traps."
Another Mr.Fomoya who owned an electronics store replied saying: "Nothing is good. Security is bad, wasn't it the other day that my shop was robbed? And besides my business has crumpled. In the old days people used to rush my items no no one wants to buy anymore because there is no electricity".

Now irrespective of these comments, we have given Nigeria grades on advances in areas like security, power, unemployment, and transportation.
Transport-Roads remain dangerous although with little improvement in some states. Grade=D
Electricity-With over 75% of our cities being powerless we will have to proceed with the grade. Grade=F
Security-Kidnappings, armed-robberies are still a common thing but in some states, federal troops have helped quench the fire.Grade=D
Unemployment=With 125 million Nigerians living on less that $2 a day we will have to proceed with the grade. Grade=F

After more than 50years of independence, little or nothing has been achieved in the Nigerian infrastructure and we warn our leaders that our people are losing hope in the government and such tidings can lead to feudalism and public disordr. When will our leaders begin to care?

-The Daily African[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Chineduez Should Be Cautioned / Iran Launches Nuclear Reactor Plant In Bushehr / 2011 Pressdential Election: President Jonathan Should Be A Party Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.