Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,713 members, 7,837,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

2019 Election: What Nobody Is Talking About - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: What Nobody Is Talking About (216 Views)

Dogara Raises Alarm Over 2019 Election / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: What Nobody Is Talking About by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 07, 2019
All over the media, there are several discourse regarding the forthcoming election that are being peddled BUT none is talking about a potential shortcoming that will ensure that more people are able to vote on the deal day.

Let me say that my observation may not be entirely valid in itself as there are many laws or policies guiding these stuffs that we barely even know. So, I will raise more questions than submissions.

However to lay a brief foundation of understanding, grasp this. Nigerians in diaspora are able to vote; if I may ask, are they eligible to vote for presidential candidates alone or there is an arrangement for indigenes of other states to vote their respective governorship candidates? at all levels while abroad? I need solid answers.

Now, back to Nigeria, can you use your PVC to vote outside your ward/LGA/state? To the best of my knowledge, many will have to travel to their respective states or wards before they can be afforded the opportunity to vote or has that been changed?

If it has not, doesn't that mean that many will not be able to vote even with a valid PVC simply because they are not indigenes of a state or ward they have lived in almost all their lives?

How many people will really risk travelling all the way to places they barely know just to cast a vote for candidates that have no particular input in their cause?

I believe INEC need to really look into this so that more people can truly exercise their franchise without barriers of border.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Vote Me, I Won’t Change, Buhari Tells Nigerians / PDP Gives INEC 24 Hrs Ultimatum To Publish List Of Election Officials, Staff / Imo 2019 Guber: Ohakim Promise To Restore & Get Imo Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.