Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday (23028 Views)

Constructing More Roads Will Boost Economy Of FCT, Says Wike / ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike / Roads Will Be Fixed Immediately After The Rainy Season - Enugu State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by daddytime(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2019
Na which road come remain for Lagos na? Why not simply declare a work free or sit at home day...
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by rickyrex(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2019
my happiness is that many of us in lagos will not vote for buhari... no godfatherism for this one. tinubu influence no reach this one. when governorship election come he can now showcase his talent.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Neednewphone: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2019
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Ejebleje: 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2019
KrystosCJ:
PS4 FIFA18 and chilled Baileys/Mollys Irish Cream with shawarma and ukodo and catfish peppersoup loading.

Minister of enjoyment! People like you need insurance! Lol.
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by somehow: 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
Which road come remain na?

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by olufolarin2222: 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
Why should road be close for a campaign taking place in q particular place :-XWhy should road be close for a campaign taking place in q particular place
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by olufolarin2222: 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
somehow:
Which road come remain na?
i tire ooo
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
[s]
ProWalker:

Senseless comment! Only on NL you see this sort of comment because it’s an anonymous platform
[/s]

Meaningless rant from an APC apologist. Not surprised though cheesy. If anyone said it to your face, what you gonna do? Yeye undecided.
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Ejebleje: 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2019
This is the problem with partisan politics.If the president were to be from another party, will they shut down the state for him or her?

This is effectively saying , sit at home.Why must people’s lives be brought to a halt for a full day , just because someone is coming to campaign?
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Sleekjunior(m): 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2019
shame so we r d cows that they cannot restrict movement of the trucks that do cause so mucch havoc n traffic..dis govt has failed..is failing and will fail again
AutoReportNG:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-fp7c_owwXsA/XFwPRKbU_uI/AAAAAAAAX9E/sMi8AN2wLRsK_DN881rjlOd6PZX6js7XgCLcBGAs/s1600/Ambode.png[/img]

The Lagos State Government has restricted movement on 18 major roads across the state for President Buhari’s campaign on Saturday at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere.

The former Minister of State for Defence and Chairman, Transport Committee on President Buhari’s Campaign visit to Lagos State, Demola Seriki, told journalists at a press conference in Ikeja on Wednesday that the restriction was necessary as Buhari would lead other All Progressives Congress members to seek Lagosians’ votes in the general elections.

He said movement would be diverted on the roads so that motorists and commuters would not be left stranded. He listed the affected areas as the Stadium (Teslim Balogun and National stadium) in and out; Funsho Williams Avenue, Surulere, Lawanson/Itire /Tejuosho Road, Apapa/ Costain Road, Abebe village, Eric Moore Road, Eko Bridge/Apongbon, Marina Road, Ikorodu Road, Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Old Toll Gate/Third Mainland Bridge/Obalende, Airport Road, Oshodi-Oworonshoki Expressway, Agege Motor Road, Jibowu area, Yaba/Muritala Mohammed Way Iddo/Otto, Herbert Macaulay Way and Adekunle and Ijora Olopa.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-7up0Ly1hWvc/XFwQMMukLjI/AAAAAAAAX9U/1F7q9DHsaUM6uzYHhnv5FW9uMnSq29rUwCLcBGAs/s1600/TBS.jpg[/img]

He said the committee issued the traffic advisory to ease movement, but advised motorists to stay away from Surulere, venue of the rally, insisting that many routes would be closed.

Seriki said, “For instance, Alaka (by Lanre Shittu Motors) on the service lane, inwards Stadium will be closed to traffic while vehicles will be diverted to the Stadium Bridge on the main carriageway. Shitta, inwards Stadium and Stadium inwards Shitta will be closed to traffic and vehicles diverted to Adeniran Ogunsanya Street or Akerele extension."

Traffic from Barracks to Stadium on Funsho Williams Avenue will be diverted to Stadium Bridge on the main carriageway to Alaka.” He called for the cooperation of Lagosians, urging residents to come to the venue to receive Buhari “to our dear state.” Seriki said over 100,000 APC members were expected at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, adding that Lagos was ready to deliver over two million votes for the President.

The Federal Road Safety Corps Sector Commander for the state, Hyginus Omeje, said truck drivers would be restricted from entering the metropolis from Friday, February 8, in preparation for the presidential rally on Saturday. “Truck drivers are advised to plan their movements and cooperate with officers to ensure that trucks do not jeopardize the travel advisory issued for the safety and comfort of all while the event lasted,” he said

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/02/pres-buhari-these-18-roads-will-be.html

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2019
To fill up that 24,000 capacity stadium was the core reason Ambode was threatened with impeachment.
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by anytexy: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2019
Subsea:
This same people that accused and cursed Jonathan government of blocking the road and causing traffic jam that led to the robbery of some banks in Lagos as at the last presidential election. They are the one blocking everywhere now in Lagos? APC government is the biggest fraud of highest order.
Fashola the loud mouth. They are hypocrites
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by odomanis: 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
siraj1402:
OBJ supports Atiku. His son supports Buhari.
Doyin Okupe supports Atiku. His son supports Buhari. Atiku is the main opposition presidential candidate. His daughter is still a commissioner of health in APC Govt in Adamawa. Bode George supports Atiku. His daughter is an appointee of Buhari. Buba Galadima is Supporting Atiku, His Daughter Zainab is OSINBAJO'S Special Assistant

Whichever way things go, these families and many others within the ruling class, will always benefit.

Meanwhile, some of you are busy fighting, insulting, maiming and killing yourselves for them.

Tell me then what you gain from insulting people without being a direct beneficiary of the unfolding events. Better play polished politics and keep your relationship tidy - you may need them later.

My dear,dont mind them !

#Think o!
���������
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by HomeOfMe(f): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
AutoReportNG:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-fp7c_owwXsA/XFwPRKbU_uI/AAAAAAAAX9E/sMi8AN2wLRsK_DN881rjlOd6PZX6js7XgCLcBGAs/s1600/Ambode.png[/img]

The Lagos State Government has restricted movement on 18 major roads across the state for President Buhari’s campaign on Saturday at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere.

The former Minister of State for Defence and Chairman, Transport Committee on President Buhari’s Campaign visit to Lagos State, Demola Seriki, told journalists at a press conference in Ikeja on Wednesday that the restriction was necessary as Buhari would lead other All Progressives Congress members to seek Lagosians’ votes in the general elections.

He said movement would be diverted on the roads so that motorists and commuters would not be left stranded. He listed the affected areas as the Stadium (Teslim Balogun and National stadium) in and out; Funsho Williams Avenue, Surulere, Lawanson/Itire /Tejuosho Road, Apapa/ Costain Road, Abebe village, Eric Moore Road, Eko Bridge/Apongbon, Marina Road, Ikorodu Road, Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Old Toll Gate/Third Mainland Bridge/Obalende, Airport Road, Oshodi-Oworonshoki Expressway, Agege Motor Road, Jibowu area, Yaba/Muritala Mohammed Way Iddo/Otto, Herbert Macaulay Way and Adekunle and Ijora Olopa.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-7up0Ly1hWvc/XFwQMMukLjI/AAAAAAAAX9U/1F7q9DHsaUM6uzYHhnv5FW9uMnSq29rUwCLcBGAs/s1600/TBS.jpg[/img]

He said the committee issued the traffic advisory to ease movement, but advised motorists to stay away from Surulere, venue of the rally, insisting that many routes would be closed.

Seriki said, “For instance, Alaka (by Lanre Shittu Motors) on the service lane, inwards Stadium will be closed to traffic while vehicles will be diverted to the Stadium Bridge on the main carriageway. Shitta, inwards Stadium and Stadium inwards Shitta will be closed to traffic and vehicles diverted to Adeniran Ogunsanya Street or Akerele extension."

Traffic from Barracks to Stadium on Funsho Williams Avenue will be diverted to Stadium Bridge on the main carriageway to Alaka.” He called for the cooperation of Lagosians, urging residents to come to the venue to receive Buhari “to our dear state.” Seriki said over 100,000 APC members were expected at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, adding that Lagos was ready to deliver over two million votes for the President.

The Federal Road Safety Corps Sector Commander for the state, Hyginus Omeje, said truck drivers would be restricted from entering the metropolis from Friday, February 8, in preparation for the presidential rally on Saturday. “Truck drivers are advised to plan their movements and cooperate with officers to ensure that trucks do not jeopardize the travel advisory issued for the safety and comfort of all while the event lasted,” he said

Source:

Thank goodness I do not have any catering contract for tomorrow. I'll just stay home,borrow movies fro box office,watch and sleep. The jobless ones can go out in the sun ans be shouting sai baba or atiku up and down. They're not kuku feeding me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by imrany20(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
We are going to help you in achieving your goals, simply because we see that you're all blind folded with peanuts you're getting from the corrupt leaders.
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by ProWalker: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
WritePal:
[s][/s]

[s]Meaningless rant from an APC apologist. Not surprised though cheesy. If anyone said it to your face, what you gonna do? Yeye undecided[/s].

Osu

Does it make sense to you to be in abakaliki and be telling us in Lagos what is going on ?

Are you ok??
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by AutoReportNG: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
HomeOfMe:
Thank goodness I do not have any catering contract for tomorrow. I'll just stay home,borrow movies fro box office,watch and sleep. The jobless ones can go out in the sun ans be shouting sai baba or atiku up and down. They're not kuku feeding me.

I am coming along, just make lunch for two, I have like almost 200 movies on my system that we can watch together.

Regards
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by BuhariAdvocate: 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2019
cheesy operation shutdown Lagos
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by HomeOfMe(f): 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
AutoReportNG:

I am coming along, just make lunch for two, I have like almost 200 movies on my system that we can watch together.

Regards
Go and do that with your wife. My husby and kids are enough company. Ans I'd he goes out with his friends,my kids are good company.
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Kingkamba(m): 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
All that na wash cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
siraj1402:
OBJ supports Atiku. His son supports Buhari.
Doyin Okupe supports Atiku. His son supports Buhari. Atiku is the main opposition presidential candidate. His daughter is still a commissioner of health in APC Govt in Adamawa. Bode George supports Atiku. His daughter is an appointee of Buhari. Buba Galadima is Supporting Atiku, His Daughter Zainab is OSINBAJO'S Special Assistant

Whichever way things go, these families and many others within the ruling class, will always benefit.

Meanwhile, some of you are busy fighting, insulting, maiming and killing yourselves for them.

Tell me then what you gain from insulting people without being a direct beneficiary of the unfolding events. Better play polished politics and keep your relationship tidy - you may need them later.

#Think o!
���������
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by AutoReportNG: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
HomeOfMe:
Go and do that with your wife. My husby and kids are enough company. Ans I'd he goes out with his friends,my kids are good company.

Just kidding, and by the way, I am not in Lagos.

Have a lovely weekend and regards to your family.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by johnjay4u2u(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Source:

Them still put Tinubu logo for stadium seats.
Na wa o
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by bash8936: 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
The only state APC are certain of winning anytime and anyday in Nigeria is Lagos.
The origin of the Party...

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by oladele239(m): 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
HomeOfMe:

Savage
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by ensamy(m): 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
I am just thinking now that Buhari is suffering from erectal dysfunction, who is the on knacking this his pretty Aisha .hmmmmmm I don dey suspect you ooo

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by NdiaraIGBO: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
LAGOS!

The home and birth place of APC!

Mumus foreigners from the Eastside can go jump on 3rd.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Gforce2019: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
REDDEVILS1:
The suffering we are going through isn't enough. They want to compound it more. #NextLevelSuffering

Are you in pain?
Lagoon is available for non-lagosian .omo' Igbo. You can go and dance swim and die inside the water

Omo' kobokobo
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Gforce2019: 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
To fill up that 24,000 capacity stadium was the core reason Ambode was threatened with impeachment.

Are you in pain?
If you are not careful , the APC and buhari pain nah him go kill you...
Just continue
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Nukilia: 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
Subsea:
This same people that accused and cursed Jonathan government of blocking the road and causing traffic jam that led to the robbery of some banks in Lagos as at the last presidential election. They are the one blocking everywhere now in Lagos? APC government is the biggest fraud of highest order.
All what Nigerians voted against is what we're seeing in APC [b][/b]
Re: Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday by Seun360(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
NdiaraIGBO:
LAGOS!
The home and birth place of APC!
Mumus foreigners from the Eastside can go jump on 3rd.
Tell them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Grants Ize-iyamu And PDP Order To Inspect Election Materials / Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency / Armed Robbers Kill Samson Sedi, APC Youth Leader In Edo (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.