Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier (15138 Views)

Lai Mohammed: All 12 Super Tucano Fighter Jets Have Been Deployed To The NE / Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria / Insurgency: FG Commences Rebuilding Of Schools In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by jamace(m): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2019
Buhari is not serious about fighting insurgency. The soldiers have been complaining of senior officers eating their allowances yet no senior officer has been questioned for corruption. Demoralised soldiers can never win any war, except against harmless Shiites muslims.

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:
This is a government of thievery. They paid for 12 Super Tucano aircraft at a cost of $496 million! An ancient aircraft used during the world war.
$496 million will get us up to 23F-16 fighter jets.

3 billion dollars will change Nigerian Air force into one that every country will recon with.

20 F-15C Eagle (600 million USD) for air support

4 Sukhoi PAK FA ($200 million USD) as 5th-gen stealth fighters. They're still under development. Won't hurt to be the first African country to own one.

30 F-16C Fighting Falcon/Viper (564 million USD): Extremely successful and we can use it as a multi-role fighter

2 E-3 Sentry AWACS (540 million USD): A pity that the so-called giant of Africa has none of these.

2 KC-10 Extender (265 million USD): For aerial refueling of the fighter jets. We can also use it as a cargo plane.

7 MQ-9 Reaper UAVs (118 million USD): Drone warfare is the future of aerial combat. We have a couple of chinese drones but these ones are one of the best.

15 UH-1Y Venom (262 million USD): Multi-role and all purpose choppers. We can use them ground attack, air assault, medevac....name it, this helicopter can do it

5 A-10 Warthogs (95 million USD): Awesome jets for close air support

1 B-1B Bomber (283 million USD): Supersonic bomber. It'll blow enemies into oblivion before they know what hit em

Embraer Lineage 1000 (60 million USD): For VIP transport. It'll have anti-missile counter-measures

We'll still have $13,000,000 left after buying all these. Please we should make the right choice in this incoming election. Vote someone who knows to push this country forward

How do you know the price and budget for everything? do you deal in fighter jets ? grin
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:35am On Feb 08, 2019
slimfit1:

That is a job for apache helicopter my brother not a tucano. F15 does it damage before you see it. Tucano are slow you can hear it coming. We need drones don't let this people full you. We have people who can design and build this things in Nigeria its not rocket science anymore. That amount could have win the war and developed our military. If you look at the technology it is available in nigeria. Look at the body that is building toy cars, all you need to do is weaponized those toys to replace soldiers to fish out those terrorist not everything requires men on ground. We need to think smarter not work harder sometimes.

Nigeria Airforce Use Drones, you can go to U Tube to confirm it , Don't say what you don't know, They have a Facility for Drones development and
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:39am On Feb 08, 2019
rusher14:

You can get it at shoprite or Wal-Mart?

Or maybe you need the express permission of selling nation?

ask him how he know all the budjets like he use to deal in Fighter Jets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:39am On Feb 08, 2019
rusher14:

ask him how he know all the budjets like he use to deal in Fighter Jets? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by abbeynism(m): 8:47am On Feb 08, 2019
No doubt, we have been scammed but I can't understand where you get your calculations from sir.

$496 million can not buy all what you listed except you think it is billion dollar.

Besides, each of the Super Tucano (A-29) cost $18 million with the total cost at $216 million.

It is not included if the operational cost of around $1,000 for some period of time is included but this is a pure scam if the quoted amount is for the aircraft only.

Also, Super Tucano was made in 1999 and first launched in 2003. So this is not ancient as you claimed.

Let's vote wisely, how I wish both Atiku and Buhari lose at the poll.

PerfectlyPerfect:
This is a government of thievery. They paid for 12 Super Tucano aircraft at a cost of $496 million! An ancient aircraft used during the world war.

3 billion dollars will change Nigerian Air force into one that every country will recon with.

4 Sukhoi PAK FA ($200 million USD) as 5th-gen stealth fighters. They're still under development. Won't hurt to be the first African country to own one.

30 F-16C Fighting Falcon/Viper (564 million USD): Extremely successful and we can use it as a multi-role fighter

2 E-3 Sentry AWACS (540 million USD): A pity that the so-called giant of Africa has none of these.

2 KC-10 Extender (265 million USD): For aerial refueling of the fighter jets. We can also use it as a cargo plane.

7 MQ-9 Reaper UAVs (118 million USD): Drone warfare is the future of aerial combat. We have a couple of chinese drones but these ones are one of the best.

15 UH-1Y Venom (262 million USD): Multi-role and all purpose choppers. We can use them ground attack, air assault, medevac....name it, this helicopter can do it

1 B-1B Bomber (283 million USD): Supersonic bomber. It'll blow enemies into oblivion before they know what hit em

Embraer Lineage 1000 (60 million USD): For VIP transport. It'll have anti-missile counter-measures

We'll still have $13,000,000 left after buying all these. Please we should make the right choice in this incoming election. Vote someone who knows to push this country forward
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by Kennedyiheme: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

i always wonder why nigerian air force uses old fighter jets.. there's ni f-22 raptor, no f16 in their collection, all old world war 2 jets they have... besides i don't think the USA would sell the b1 bomber or B2 bomber to anyone... there are some planes they dont sell

2 Likes

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:22am On Feb 08, 2019
Kennedyiheme:
i always wonder why nigerian air force uses old fighter jets.. there's ni f-22 raptor, no f16 in their collection, all old world war 2 jets they have... besides i don't think the USA would sell the b1 bomber or B2 bomber to anyone... there are some planes they dont sell
We have visionless leaders. Shagari was the only Nigerian president who properly equipped the army. most of the ammunition we currently use were bought during his era
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:29am On Feb 08, 2019
abbeynism:
No doubt, we have been scammed but I can't understand where you get your calculations from sir.

$496 million can not buy all what you listed except you think it is billion dollar.

Besides, each of the Super Tucano (A-29) cost $18 million with the total cost at $216 million.

It is not included if the operational cost of around $1,000 for some period of time is included but this is a pure scam if the quoted amount is for the aircraft only.

Also, Super Tucano was made in 1999 and first launched in 2003. So this is not ancient as you claimed.

I said 3 billion dollars. The super tucano was designed as a light-attack craft. heck, they're propeller-driven. They're very subpar when compared to modern aircraft. A country like Nigeria needs 5th-gen aircraft if we're to mitigate 21st-century threats

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:35am On Feb 08, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

How do you know the price and budget for everything? do you deal in fighter jets ? grin
Lol. No. I'm a defence aficionado

2 Likes

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:39am On Feb 08, 2019
BigBen10:

And you think Nigeria can afford 3billion dollars on just Aircrafts alone. Lol. How much is our entire national budget? Please lets be realistic with our expectations.
They don't really need to budget up to that amount, but they can afford a quarter of that to upgrade their air superiority

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:41am On Feb 08, 2019
kunmiiii:

Hahahaha! Very uninformed comment, You funny gan oo! see pricelist as if na mami market you dey go shop! You wasted a whole lotta time writing this long ignorant piece without taking a min or two to also research the foreign policies of the manufacturing countries of those jets in relation to selling them to other countries, esp a country like Nigeria that has been accused of Human Rights abuses for the past decade.
I didn't take foreign policies into consideration. Of course I know some countries won't sell, I simply gave a list of aircraft that'll suit the Nigerian situation with their prices
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:43am On Feb 08, 2019
davillian:

Chief of air staff doesn't know these fighter jets.
The only thing they know is Tucano.
Just 6 f16 will clear the whole Nigerian Air Force base.
We don't even know what we're doing. Our so-called neighbours can one day decide to over-run the country for some reason. They'll take out our super tucano and alpha jets within 20 minutes

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:46am On Feb 08, 2019
olawonder:

Mumu quotations, he thinks we are talking about tokunbo cars grin mr man, military hardware are not contracted that way at all! For every $1 spent on the actual gears, $2 has to be spent on contractors fees, middle men palava and approvals frm the ogas at the top (foreign powers). Moreover every country has maximum limits on military spending budgeted by the big wigs and countries without signitory to certain treaties or agreements can be denied puchase of the weakest armoury. Not even countries with more power and might than Nigeria can get anywhere close to having any of these wares u listed here... its not cash and carry type of ‘bizness’ u guys claim to be expert in o.
I know there's a lot of other things to consider when purchasing military hardware. I didn't put those into consideration. I just listed some aircraft that will be perfect for our country and I gave their market prices. In the end, after including cost of logistics, contractual terms, bureaucracy and others, the cost per aircraft will increase.
shalom.
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:47am On Feb 08, 2019
texazzpete:

Overkill.
You certainly don’t need AWACS or the B1 bombers.
You have to stay prepared. There's a reason other countries buy armaments that you might think they don't need l
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2019
rusher14:

Lolz. You can buy the toy versions at those stores.
Of course you need to handle bureaucratic bottlenecks when purchasing these aircraft, but some aircraft don't need express government permissions
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by chrisblack: 9:49am On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

see your shallow mind.Do you even know the that many of this things you listed can not be sold even to some american allies .you lack understanding of global military procurement. even with your money you are still not allowed to get many of this stuff.Many of you just talk about what you know nothing or little about. You spoke about the tucano as old .you are very funny. in terms of manned COIN platform .it is the most effective and reliable globally. its in use buy top rated forces in the world even the US.
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by chrisblack: 10:01am On Feb 08, 2019
abbeynism:

hello my guy .There is no scam involve in the transaction.mind you it was the first time ever in the history of Nigeria in which a defense procurement was done transparently. it was paid directly to the US treasury unlike previous past where middle men and interest increase the said amount. Mind you the payment and transaction was done with oversight from the the US congressional office.
Back to the issue of cost .There is a Base price for the tucano plane. where there are differences in cost usually comes from added platform or ad-dons needed. the tucano for Nigeria is different from that of Brazil needs differ. the addition of CION and ISR capabilities .With the type of weapon system or additional fuel carrying system etc shoots up the price. there are countries who purchase the same tucano in small number that paid more due to their specifications while some paid less even though they had ordered more numbers.
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by Edojoma(m): 10:03am On Feb 08, 2019
slimfit1:
one F15 will bring down those 12 Tucano what are you talking about.

Don't mind him,, he is speaking out of ignorance,, he doesn't know dat d B-series n F-series of US fighter jets 2geda with dia drones of MQ series predators will wipe out 1,000 tucanoes. US doesn't even use d B series n F-series compared to d MQ Predator drones. Dey prefer drones cos it has no casualty,, no human life at risk,, only controlled from a desk while enjoying a cup of coffee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2019
chrisblack:
see your shallow mind.Do you even know the that many of this things you listed can not be sold even to some american allies .you lack understanding of global military procurement. even with your money you are still not allowed to get many of this stuff.Many of you just talk about what you know nothing or little about. You spoke about the tucano as old .you are very funny. in terms of manned COIN platform .it is the most effective and reliable globally. its in use buy top rated forces in the world even the US.
Of course I know not every aerial platform can be purchased easily, but I know every bureaucracy can be surpassed. The Boeing E-3 sentry was formerly not sold to other countries but right now it's used by Saudia Arabia, France and other countries.
The super tucano is great. I didn't say it wasn't, but you know what would be greater? A multi-role fighter. The SU-25 would've been much better, in my opinion.
Also, my mind isn't shallow.

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by davillian(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

We don't even know what we're doing. Our so-called neighbours can one day decide to over-run the country for some reason. They'll take out our super tucano and alpha jets within 20 minutes
Just bokoharam giving us problems for how many years.
Nigerian forces doesn't have what it takes to protect us from external attack.
Our guns , our jets our ships are outdated and obsolete
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2019
davillian:

Just bokoharam giving us problems for how many years.
Nigerian forces doesn't have what it takes to protect us from external attack.
Our guns , our jets our ships are outdated and obsolete
We'll get it right someday, so help us God
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by SavageMajor(m): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2019
See fine aircraft a and they are busy buying old cargo
Corrupt fools wey no get sense
PerfectlyPerfect:

*For those quoting, please I didn't put government bureaucractic bottlenecks and logistic constraints into consideration
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by davillian(m): 10:35am On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

We'll get it right someday, so help us God
Countries that doesn't believe in God still do better than Nigeria.
If it's by God Nigeria would be among the world powers.
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by zoedew: 10:55am On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

*For those quoting, please I didn't put government bureaucractic bottlenecks and logistic constraints into consideration

Ordinarily speaking, you don’t get to buy and own the itemised above just because you have the money to buy them! All things considered is the USA willing to sell to Nigeria? Not to be forgotten is also the fact that since President Shagari left power successive civilian government have been wary of equipping the Nigerian military adequately for fear of military coup which, by the way, are now out of fashion.
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by zoedew: 11:01am On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Of course I know not every aerial platform can be purchased easily, but I know every bureaucracy can be surpassed. The Boeing E-3 sentry was formerly not sold to other countries but right now it's used by Saudia Arabia, France and other countries.
The super tucano is great. I didn't say it wasn't, but you know what would be greater? A multi-role fighter. The SU-25 would've been much better, in my opinion.

Kudos to you for meeting indecency with decency! Crass and gross pride compounded by very poor upbringing is the reason many use foul, dirty and indecent language on others.
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2019
zoedew:

Kudos to you for meeting indecency with decency! Crass and gross pride compounded by very poor upbringing is the reason many use foul, dirty and indecent language on others.
thanks boss.
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2019
zoedew:

Ordinarily speaking, you don’t get to buy and own the itemised above just because you have the money to buy them! All things considered is the USA willing to sell to Nigeria? Not to be forgotten is also the fact that since President Shagari left power successive civilian government have been wary of equipping the Nigerian military adequately for fear of military coup which, by the way, are now out of fashion.
True talk, but every aircraft is eventually released to be purchased by other countries. what the US usually does is to sell lower-capability models to other countries. We can always purchase top-quality aircraft from the East (Russia) or the Orient (China etc al).
also, it won't kill us if we start manufacturing. it'll be difficult but not impossible.
When Peter Obi kept saying China this and China that, some people on this platform were saying he should go and contest in China. I laughed. I knew he was saying that because just 20 years ago, China were in as poor state as Nigeria, but they mapped out a plan for industrialization and look where they are now.
I believe we can achieve greatness if we vote visionary leaders and we the led play our part.
Shalom
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by zoedew: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

True talk, but every aircraft is eventually released to be purchased by other countries. what the US usually does is to sell lower-capability models to other countries. We can always purchase top-quality aircraft from the East (Russia) or the Orient (China etc al).
also, it won't kill us if we start manufacturing. it'll be difficult but not impossible.
When Peter Obi kept saying China this and China that, some people on this platform were saying he should go and contest in China. I laughed. I knew he was saying that because just 20 years ago, China were in as poor state as Nigeria, but they mapped out a plan for industrialization and look where they are now.
I believe we can achieve greatness if we vote visionary leaders and we the led play our part.
Shalom

True talk IF ....Kindest regards!
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by skales67(m): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2019
KINGwax007:
So, helicopter and jets now dey do the same work?

A combat Helicopter or Attack Helicopter aka Helicopter Gunships is used by the airforce in some sting air operations and most of them are more precise and deadlier than jet fighters because they deliver their missiles directly to a specified target and also have the capacity of firing huge rounds that can shatter the roof and concrete of a building where an enemy is perceived to be hiding.

Below is a photo of the MI-35m helicopter type which was delivered to the Nigerian Government and yet Leah Shaibu is still in captivity and Boko Haram are still waxing stronger!

So next time you hear about Combat helicopters, it is the one you see below and not the type carrying your dwarf stammering commissioner osibande which fell from the sky like oduduwa the other day in Kogi State during his N10,000 TraderMoniScam Campaign

Educate yourself more and stop being a Sai Barbarian because it seems that is only what your types know how to do best!

Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by meromero11: 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2019
slimfit1:
one F15 will bring down those 12 Tucano what are you talking about.

The Americans refused to sell F15,F16 or F20 to us. All the orders made were blocked by the United States. The only approval was the retrofitted Tucano jets. Americans don't want any F15,F16 or F20 on African soil.
Chinese arms are note reliable nor durable. When they fail, you're expected in China style turn kamikaze suicide bombers.
That's our current dilemma.
Re: Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier by meromero11: 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Even SU-25 will require NATO(US) consent. Remember, we are surrounded already by American bases. So they wouldn't want anything that could threaten their forces around us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MURIC Slams Edwin Clark Over Mosque Furore In Delta State / We Are For United Nigeria, Southern Senators Declare / Enugu Cop's Misuse Of Fire Arm: Gov. Ugwuanyi Visits Victims, Pays Medical Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.