Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Tips On Potty Training Your Pup - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Tips On Potty Training Your Pup (1002 Views)

Adult Dog Potty Training — Learn How To Stop Your Dog From Messing Your Carpet I / Potty Training Spray Is Available / Free Guide On Training Your Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On Potty Training Your Pup by OsuGanja(m): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2019
Good morning guys,one thing I’ve observed new dog owners can’t handle when getting a new pup is being able to potty train them... I hope this chart helps you..

1 Like

Re: Tips On Potty Training Your Pup by Floki737: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2019
Nice
Re: Tips On Potty Training Your Pup by Sunjay13(m): 3:43am On Sep 12, 2019
Dog wahala no b small thing.Just that many of us called breeders are used to the system. Practically staying with a pup from morning till night.If they are now more than one,Na real wha dat will be.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Potty Training Your Pup by vincentjk(m): 10:24am On Sep 12, 2019
You don't expect one to stay home all day just to take pup out for potty lol. Person nogo go hustle again ni lol

1 Like

Re: Tips On Potty Training Your Pup by BanevsJoker(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2019
Maybe na BMC, they work from home.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Potty Training Your Pup by frowland(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
The newspaper principle will solve this problem far easier than this narration up there.
*Take a small room, or store or an enclosure and put newspaper all over the floor.

*Put the pup there and let the pup only come out when its feeding time.

*When d pup poo on the newspaper, replace the defecated ones with fresh newspapers and repeat the cycle each time it poos.

*After 2week+, then start removing the newspapers one after the other daily until only one or two or more paper is left depending on d size of paper used.

*That pup will never poo anywhere else unless where the newspaper is.

*Now afterwards, put the newspaper at certain locations so the pup wont look for the paper when its time to poo.

*Now this pup should be 3-4,5 months and should be able to decode the permanent location of the newspaper.
From then onwards that is the pups toilet

I bought a Lhasa from someone here for my daughter and the puppy is already used to a prearranged spot for poo.

It is not particularly easy but it's stress free than the method described above.

Note! This narrative is excluding of Ekuke's

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Potty Training Your Pup by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2019
frowland:
The newspaper principle will solve this problem far easier than this narration up there.
*Take a small room, or store or an enclosure and put newspaper all over the floor.

*Put the pup there and let the pup only come out when its feeding time.

*When d pup poo on the newspaper, replace the defecated ones with fresh newspapers and repeat the cycle each time it poos.

*After 2week+, then start removing the newspapers one after the other daily until only one or two or more paper is left depending on d size of paper used.

*That pup will never poo anywhere else unless where the newspaper is.

*Now afterwards, put the newspaper at certain locations so the pup wont look for the paper when its time to poo.

*Now this pup should be 3-4,5 months and should be able to decode the permanent location of the newspaper.
From then onwards that is the pups toilet

I bought a Lhasa from someone here for my daughter and the puppy is already used to a prearranged spot for poo.

It is not particularly easy but it's stress free than the method described above.

Note! This narrative is excluding of Ekuke's

Exactly.

This is the method I used for my dog and it works like magic.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Potty Training Your Pup by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
The only issue I have with this method is that you are supposed to take a dog for potty immediately after eating, that's when the gastrocolic reflex takes place. The dog is stimulated to have a bowel movement the moment food gets into the stomach. Why wait for 30minutes after eating?

(1) (Reply)

Quality German Shepherd Puppies Now Available For Sale / SOLD......Durable Iron Steel Dog Cage For Sale!! / Showline Gsd For Stud Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.