Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Should Atiku Defeat Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Atiku Defeat Buhari (614 Views)

PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket / Buhari's WAEC: Should Atiku Also Travel To America, To Disprove Naysayers? / PENDULUM: Can Atiku Defeat Buhari In 2019, By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by midolian(m): 11:07am On Feb 08, 2019

Hopefully, by February 17, or 18, barring any unforseen events, Nigerians will have known the winner of the February 16 Presidential election, an election that will for sure, determine much, the trajectory in which the nation’s development, stability and progress will largely travel upon.

Much as this race has a number of candidates, the election, however, is a near two-horse race between the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the PDP contender. Both candidates have a number of factors going for them, as well as a few backstops.

Notwithstanding these factors as well as backstops, yours sincerely will be rooting for a Muhammadu Buhari, and my decision is not rocket science neither is it steeped in esoteric mysticism, no, it is based on what I feel is in the best interest of the nation and her citizens who have suffered terribly in the hands of past leaders. Writers are the conscience of any nation and I much intend to be just that.

The prospect of an Atiku Abubakar in Aso Rock would be most calamitous, off all the perceived failings of the Buhari administration, worse than these failures would be allowing Atiku into Aso Rock, a man who would do incalculable privation to Nigeria.

Yes, the Buhari admininistration has not been able to deliver on all its promises, no leader, be he endowed with dictatorial or democratic powers, can right all the numerous wrongs done before in one term of four years. However, the very thought of an Atiku presidency ought to verily raise a squawk-like protest amongst those who truly love Nigeria.

Atiku’s antecedents, as well as his campaign rhetoric so far, justify any progressive’s fears of the terrifying prospect of Atiku and his half-baked message of restructuring power.

Atiku, would work to reverse the cleansing of the Nigerian stables so far achieved by President Buhari, here’s a man indicted by the United States for his money laundering activities; a man, whose former boss described in uncharitable terms, forget that the same man is amongst those who now call for Buhari’s ouster, that sadly is the former leader’s ego tripping character, and a lot of Nigerians are not amused. Atiku’s record of public service has been nothing but an avenue to helping himself, his family and friends to our national chattels, a promise he reiterated recently that he would make money for his friends, many who, I may remind you, have become bankrupt, since access to state funds appears to no longer be there! He, as a customs officer, ( one of the nation’s most corrupt institutions before the emergence of the Buhari administration) set up Intels, a logistics firm that was largely strangulating the Nigerian economy before the present day government raised its eyebrows over its monopolistic hold over several of our ports from which it raked billions of dollars without Nigerians benefitting from its own wealth, matter of fact, it was the clipping of Intels that aggravated Atiku, prompting him to rejoin the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), a party he had described as a platform nothing ever good could come out from. Naturally, he was back with fellow looters of the Nigerian commonwealth and even handed their presidential ticket on a platter of gold.

Not only will Atiku dissipate away the nation’s new journey to progress and an egalitarianism never ever witnessed in the annals of the country’s history, he will, as well, implement economic and social policies that will be beneficial to a few Nigerians like himself, a process his defeat at the polls in 2007 stopped him from actualising.

Atiku also masquerades himself as a democrat, this is indeed laughable, as even the most critical of President Buhari’s actions will mock Atiku’s attempt at pietism. Atiku, as a former vice president, presided over the most fraudulent of electoral processes in the 2003 elections, that returned him and his boss to power; he threatened to flog a judge for annuling the election of one of his political henchmen and, even instigated his home state’s legislature to pass a law in record setting manner to stop a political opponent then interested in the presidency from declaring his own ambition. The law passed the first, second and third reading procedures in a swoosh of 30 minutes.

Again, Atiku’s choice of a running mate in a former governor of Anambra State, in the person of Governor Peter Obi, has not helped his ambition much. Obi, a tribal and religious bigot, will naturally make a George Wallace feel at home with segregation and is naturally bound to elicit a number of votes against Atiku as pay back for his time as governor, where he largely carried out a number of activities that pitted Catholics against Anglicans and the Igbos against a number of ethnic groups, especially the Yoruba ethnic group, where the present vice president hails from, with 14,626,800 voters, the second largest after the Northwest, which is Buhari’s strong hold and has 18,505,984 voters.

A vote for Atiku is a vote for a return to the nation’s dark ages, Nigerians, however, will like Tenneysson’s poem, much prefer to cross the bar with a second term for President Buhari!

https://leadership.ng/2019/02/08/should-atiku-defeat-buhari/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by Kyase(m): 11:10am On Feb 08, 2019
Lol "Should" grin
Let me continue reading

Obi choice is the wrongest choice Atiku could ever make.....
I was with w shia Muslim yesterday and he told me, Buhari is a prophet but they are confuse who to vote for now... This is for those that believe in a shia bulk votes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by APCpackandgo: 11:10am On Feb 08, 2019
We are Atikulated and we are loving it.

1 Like

Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by midolian(m): 11:15am On Feb 08, 2019
Atiku in Aso Rock as president of this recovering victim of rape called Nigeria is unimaginable...

He and his cronies would rape Nigeria through every visible hole in her body.

May the Good God forbid!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by Binikingdowm: 11:22am On Feb 08, 2019
Kyase:
Lol "Should" grin
Let me continue reading

I was with w shia Muslim yesterday and he told me, Buhari is a prophet but they are confuse who to vote for now... This is for those that believe in a shia bulk votes grin
[quote
midolian:

https://leadership.ng/2019/02/08/should-atiku-defeat-buhari/

lalasticlala
author=midolian post=75529474]Atiku in Aso Rock as president of this recovering victim of rape called Nigeria is unimaginable...

[/quote] when BMC start writing epistles about atiku in aso Rock, just know it's over for APC.

3 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by hucienda: 11:25am On Feb 08, 2019
Muhammadu Buhari and George Wallace should be in the same sentence.

A staunch tribal, religious bigot and a staunch segregationist.

1 Like

Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by alhassanyusuf29(m): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2019
Shia Muslim are not more than 5% bro
Kyase:
Lol "Should" grin
Let me continue reading

Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by Kyase(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
Shia Muslim are not more than 5% bro
grin grin grin lol
Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by GMPO(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2019
J
Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by Dannyset(m): 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nigerians won't vote in a corrupt government of Atiku and PDP.
#Nextlevel

Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by DLondonboiy: 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nobody gat time to read this load of nonsense. Atiku is the next President of NIGERIA. We the people have endorsed him. Zombies vote for your Buhari. We would vote our Atiku. Let majority win. Thanks.

This wasn't when we didnt have the numbers. Now we are taking from a position of Power. Atiku shall be President.
Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by GarriKoro(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2019
DLondonboiy:
Nobody gat time to read this load of nonsense. Atiku is the next President of NIGERIA. We the people have endorsed him. Zombies vote for your Buhari. We would vote our Atiku. Let majority win. Thanks.

This wasn't when we didnt have the numbers. Now we are taking from a position of Power. Atiku shall be Prhttps://www.nairaland.com/post/75520211esident.
You and who? Just say you the corruption loving 5%. You will soon shed tears
Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by DLondonboiy: 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2019
GarriKoro:
You and who? Just say you the corruption loving 5%. You will soon shed tears

Till then.
Re: Should Atiku Defeat Buhari by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
@OP

Brother, relax. PMB will win comfortably. Results may be out by Sunday rather than Monday or Tuesday because collation has been easy in overwhelming favour of PMB.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FG Wants To Arrest Our Members Because We Want To Vote Against Buhari – Shiites / Atiku Condoles With Family Of Kano’s Deceased, Settle Others Hospital Bills / Stop Spreading Fake Results Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.