Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Commercial Papers - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Commercial Papers (12104 Views)

Commercial Papers In Nigeria / If You Can Access A Bank Loan, Then You Can Access Commercial Papers / Commercial Papers (cps) - How You Too Can Benefit From This Debt Instrument (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Papers by RayRay06677(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2023
freeman67:
Dangote Cement plc

Thanks.

What if these companies default
Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
Is the interest rate paid upfront on commercial paper like Tbills?
Re: Commercial Papers by RayRay06677(m): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2023
sirrotex:
Is the interest rate paid upfront on commercial paper like Tbills?

yes
Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2023
Any taxes deducted on the interest please?
RayRay06677:

yes
Re: Commercial Papers by RayRay06677(m): 3:56am On Nov 07, 2023
sirrotex:
Any taxes deducted on the interest please?

Withholding tax
Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 6:31am On Nov 07, 2023
Many thanks
RayRay06677:

Withholding tax
Re: Commercial Papers by narite: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2023
freeman67:
Dangote Cement plc
How do I key into this? Website? App?
Re: Commercial Papers by freeman67: 9:29am On Nov 08, 2023
narite:

How do I key into this? Website? App?

It was sent to me by Coronation Merchant Bank. You can Google them mail them directly or
Re: Commercial Papers by narite: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2023
freeman67:

It was sent to me by Coronation Merchant Bank. You can Google them mail them directly or

Use the details below if you are comfortable:
sowodunni@coronationmb.com
Thanks! I will get in touch with them.
Re: Commercial Papers by freeman67: 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
narite:

Thanks! I will get in touch with them.

Ok, please modify this last message and remove the details of the agent there.

Thank You
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2023
Dangote CP is available, reach out if interested.

Re: Commercial Papers by RayRay06677(m): 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
ernie4life:
Dangote CP is available, reach out if interested.

Poor rates
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2023
RayRay06677:

Poor rates

Same with MTN but was over subscribed.
Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
They are leveraging on their good ratings
ernie4life:

Same with MTN but was over subscribed.
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 7:25pm On Mar 23
Open offers

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 8:26am On Apr 03
Cp offer

1 Like

Re: Commercial Papers by emmaodet: 10:21am On Apr 03
ernie4life:
Cp offer

Thanks for the update.
Really following the thread
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 9:42am On Apr 16
New offer

1 Like

Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24
These rates we see today will not always be here

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 5:33pm On Apr 24
This looks good. How does one subscribe to it?
ernie4life:
These rates we see today will not always be here
Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 5:44pm On Apr 24
What are the applicable taxes that would apply
Re: Commercial Papers by RayRay06677(m): 5:54pm On Apr 24
sirrotex:
What are the applicable taxes that would apply

WHT at 10%

And service charge from the entity carrying out the transaction for u but likely in the range of 0.075% or thereabout.
Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 5:59pm On Apr 24
I see. Thank you. Looks like a good deal and their rating is A
RayRay06677:

WHT at 10%

And service charge from the entity carrying out the transaction for u but likely in the range of 0.075% or thereabout.
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 9:45pm On Apr 24
sirrotex:
This looks good. How does one subscribe to it?

I work with Coronation, we can help you buy or your can approach any regulated fund manager to help you buy
Re: Commercial Papers by freeman67: 11:50pm On Apr 24
RayRay06677:

WHT at 10%

If you deal directly with the arrangers most times you would not pay any service charge. It's only stock brokers like Afrinvest that usually charges for their service. Service charge is usually borne by the issuer.

The problem I have about WHT on CP is that they don't usually state whether a particular CP is exempted or not till when it is close to maturity.
Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 6:11am On Apr 25
Does going through you give you any form of edge, like meeting up with a target or enabling you to get commission. If yes, then send me an official email address I could deal with and if no, I would reach out to my folks in Greenwich
ernie4life:

I work with Coronation, we can help you buy or your can approach any regulated fund manager to help you buy
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 6:39am On Apr 25
freeman67:

If you deal directly with the arrangers most times you would not pay any service charge. It's only stock brokers like Afrinvest that usually charges for their service. Service charge is usually borne by the issuer.

The problem I have about WHT on CP is that they don't usually state whether a particular CP is exempted or not till when it is close to maturity.

But you can always ask before investing, for example the last johnvents CP, there was no withholding tax
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 6:43am On Apr 25
sirrotex:
Does going through you give you any form of edge, like meeting up with a target or enabling you to get commission. If yes, then send me an official email address I could deal with and if no, I would reach out to my folks in Greenwich

We all have deliverables, but for ease of transaction it's better you deal with Greenwich since you already have a relationship with them and you are conversant with their process.

But from a point of value, dealing with me could mean I will offer you more investment options in the future that offer better returns.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Papers by sirrotex: 6:29pm On Apr 25
How do I get in touch with you
ernie4life:

We all have deliverables, but for ease of transaction it's better you deal with Greenwich since you already have a relationship with them and you are conversant with their process.

But from a point of value, dealing with me could mean I will offer you more investment options in the future that offer better returns.
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 7:12pm On Apr 25
sirrotex:
How do I get in touch with you

A DM will suffice
Re: Commercial Papers by freeman67: 12:44am On Apr 26
ernie4life:

But you can always ask before investing, for example the last johnvents CP, there was no withholding tax

That's true sha. So let me ask. Would they be any tax for FIDSON.

Also, what is the difference before the infrastructure fund you guys are floating with NDIF on currently being traded on NGX. Will your pay quarterly dividends too.?
Re: Commercial Papers by ernie4life(m): 7:38am On Apr 26
freeman67:

That's true sha. So let me ask. Would they be any tax for FIDSON.

Also, what is the difference before the infrastructure fund you guys are floating with NDIF on currently being traded on NGX. Will your pay quarterly dividends too.?

Yes, withholding tax is applicable to Fidson.

Not much difference considering we are also deploying the funds to infrastructure project to aid bridge the infrastructure challenges we face as country, however, we are consciously avoiding investment in oil and gas projects.

In light of the current high-yield environment, we are aiming for a return of 23% to 24% which represents the yield on a 10 years FGN bond plus 4 percent.

Our coupon payments will be distributed on a semi-annual basis, and we intend to list the fund on both the NGX and FMDQ exchanges.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. / Real Estate Or Shares: Which Is Better? / The Billion Coin(TBC); Scam Or Real?

Viewing this topic: sholatech(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.