Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 (25374 Views)

New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / Dam At Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria (video, Photos) / 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by iceboy4752(m): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2019
Skales4ll:
When will our results be out?

On September 2nd or next week.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Aliyu333: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2019
GL
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Orisky: 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
iceboy4752:
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) on ABU, Zaria admission process and answers:

1. WHEN IS THE POST UTME?
I have been asked this question so many times that answering it has become monotonous. The Post UTME usually comes in July or August. It has no fixed date yet, but expect it in July or August.

2. WHAT IS ABU'S CUT-OFF MARK?
ABU, Zaria has no fixed cut-off mark. It is always 180 every year for all courses, so chances it'll be changed is very low.

3. CAN I GET MEDICINE WITH THIS JAMB SCORE?
You can get Medicine with 235. What most aspirants always fail to realize is that the Post UTME is actually the major determiner of your admission not your JAMB score. Someone with 220 in JAMB may end up securing a course someone with 260 in JAMB fails to secure because of performance in PUTME. In 2017, someone from Oyo couldn't get MBBS with a JAMB score of 320 because he got just 256 in the PUTME, making his Average 288. Many MBBS aspirants from Oyo scored a higher average so he couldn't make it. If he had scored 300+ and made an average of about 330 with such a good score, he'd have been surely admitted.

4. IS THERE ANY CENTER I CAN SIT FOR THE POST UTME IN MY AREA?
No! No! There's nothing like that, and it's not going to be available anytime soon. If you fail to report to your Post UTME centre in Samaru Main Campus, Zaria after printing your schedule slip, you'll not be considered for any admission. The slip will be available after you've registered for the PUTME. For now the Post UTME forms are not out for sale, and you purchase it online without going to Zaria.

5. DOES ABU ADMIT CHRISTIANS?
I'm always shocked when I'm confronted with this question considering the large number of Christians I see everyday on campus. ABU has one of the largest Christian chapels in Nigeria located in Samaru Campus. There's also a very big cathedral located in Kongo for all Christian students. They also have an association named CFA with an elected president. To wrap this up, consider the fact that JAMB awarded ABU the most "secular university" award. This means it admits candidates from all parts of the federation than any other university in Nigeria.

6. PAST QUESTIONS:
Past questions in ABU are scam. I've said this many times. Most of the past questions you'll see were formulated by businessmen just to convince you to buy them when they're actually far from the reality of ABU's Post UTME. They only want to make their money. I laugh at those who are so busy looking for "past questions." Study the four subjects you sat for in your UTME, these are where the questions will come from not an imaginary "past question." ABU doesn't repeat questions or publish her past questions.

7. DOES ABU ADMIT SOUTHERNERS?
Yes, they do but no southern state is a catchment area of ABU, making their admission slot low when compared to the 19 northern states which constitute the catchment area of ABU. Don't be shocked when someone from a state like Enugu couldn't secure Medicine with an average of 300 while someone from Gombe with 256 does. This is because only one slot is given to such non-catchment areas like Enugu state. The person with 300 might have been denied because there's another person from Enugu with 305 who's the highest MBBS aspirant from Enugu state. As for the one from Gombe with 256, it's a catchment area that almost 8 people can be admitted from, hence making it possible for someone with such a score to make it.

With the Post UTME just around the corner, I present to you another series of frequently asked questions (FAQS) on the admission process of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

8. When is the Post UTME?

I've answered this question thousands of times, "I don't know." The date is not fixed, so it comes randomly. However, it's of paramount importance to note that it usually comes in August or September.

9. How much is ABU, Zaria school fees?

Generally, ABU is considered the cheapest federal university in Nigeria. The school fees differ from department to department, with none more than N35,000. As for Law students, I know it's N29,500 because I'm one. The fees covers all of your acceptance fee, library fee, faculty fee and others.

10. Are there Boko Haram in ABU?

I guffawed when I was first asked that question. This question is mostly asked by those who have never been to the north. Boko Haram, becoming a thing of the past now was peculiar to north-eastern states only like Borno, Yobe, Gombe, Adamawa and Bauchi. It didn't spread up to the North-West, ABU is located.

11. Should I go with my credentials for the PUTME?

No! No!! No!!! The only thing you're expected to go to Zaria with is your Post UTME schedule slip. Before you ask me what that is, it is a slip that contains your exam venue and date. You'll be able to print it after you've purchased the Post UTME form and registered online. Go with at least 2-3 copies of that only. Unless you want to stay in Zaria till the admissions will be released, you're advised to go with all your credentials.

12. What are the screening requirements?

After you might have been admitted, you'll be screened before collection of admission letter. You're expected to go with:

A. Original o'level result
B. JAMB result (original)
C. Original JAMB admission letters (if JAMB admits you on CAPS)
D. PUTME result slip
E. PUTME schedule slip
F. Origunal Birth certificate/oath of affidavit
G. Original local government of origin certificate
H. transcation slips including the remitta you generated via the bank
I. JAMB slip

13. Accommodation?

The accommodation fee is just N7,090. You'll click for a room online, either with a computer system or with your smartphone. The date for the clicking will be announced. You're all expected to click it at the announced time. It's very competitive as many people click it. Therefore, it's advisable to use a well-charged device with a good and fast internet connection.

14. Nature of Post UTME:

It is a replica of your UTME. It's computer based and it involves all the subjects you sat for in your JAMB. The mark is also over 400, but English Language usually carries 25 questions, while the other 3 carry 15 questions each, making it 70 questions. The exam will be conducted in Samaru Main Campus. It's a bit technical than your UTME, so prepare harder for it.

© Adams Abubakar

Drop any further questions the comment box below. ��

weldone for the good work you are doing, may Allah assist you in your studies and let you graduate successfully. Does ABU accept 2:2 in biochemistry to study MBBS, if yes, when will the DE form be out. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Brini(m): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
Please, any update about the admission list??
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Amaa2019(m): 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
Brini:
Admission list has been released today 01/11/2019, you can check the portal at https://putme.abu.edu.ng
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Matildahenshaw(f): 9:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Brini:
Admission is out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Ldama(m): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
Any medic in the house
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Pennicock(m): 6:49am On Nov 28, 2019
all ABU aspirant should ignore any news on collection of admission letter for 2019/20 session which was supposedly to start 2 December
official dates will be released on Monday and possibly admitted Candidate should prepare for 9 December for collection
those that need help and are from far away places should please not hesitate to ask me questions
chat me up on WhatsApp if you can on 08164095637 on any kind of assistance
we are here to help you

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Brini(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2019
Please, is there a whatsapp group for aspirants/newly admitted?

Thank you
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Skales4ll: 6:37am On Dec 16, 2019
iceboy4752:

On September 2nd or next week.

I have been admitted.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by concord129(m): 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
iceboy4752:

Good day bro, please I'm about to register for UTME and ABU is my choice of institution. However, there is a problem I have with the process which I like to share with you privately maybe your input will help me to know what my options are. I'll love to chat with you on whatsapp of messenger, if you don't mind.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by omolasho: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2020
Please help!
Is it true that Abu and some other universities do not accept O level result of more than 5 years?(mine is more than 5yrs)
Secondly, must I have a secondary school certificate or testimonial before i will be considered for admission?(I only have GCE result).
Please i need a legit response as I don't wanna miss my admission this year. Thanks.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by omolasho: 7:46am On Apr 14, 2020
Pls help!
1. Is it true that Abu Zaria will not accept an OLevel older than 5yrs?(mine is even older).
2. Secondly, is it true that I must provide secondary school leaving certificate or testimonial before I will be considered for admission?(I only posses GCE result).
3. Am from Lagos State, I scored 208 in jamb and hoping for telecommunication engineering. Thanks sir.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by successor000(m): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
horpeyemmi66:
I had 297 in the just released UTME. I am an aspirant of Dentistry from Ondo State. How feasible is my cause?

wow same course and school
let hook up .
chat me on What'sapp 08130473219
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by Samsonyte(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2020
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 by rollybest(m): 7:49am On Jul 29, 2020
Please guys, can someone with 202 in jamb be considered for admission in pharmacy in Abu?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB To Begin Sales Of 2020 UTME Form January 13. Announces Date For Examination / OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts / Amaechina Chimbusonma Nwadiuto Scores Nine A1s In 2023 WASSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.