Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Inspire Godly Quotes For You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inspire Godly Quotes For You (508 Views)

Godly Women Don't Fix / A Godly Christian Lady Doesn't Wear High Heels - Evangelist Akande / 10 Bible Quotes For Love, Hope And Strength (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
Not all Christian are Disciples, but all Disciples are Christians

Women/Sex won't satisfy you.
Fame won't satisfy you.
Alcohol/drugs won't satisfy you.
Personal achievements won't satisfy you.
Money won't satisfy you. Life is empty without Jesus, He is the only one who can satisfy your heart.

Be kind to yourself. No need to beat yourself up for the mistakes you have made. They are a blessing. They have made what you are today

Don't let your relationship with God be determined by how others related with Him, let it be determined by how focused you are with God
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2019
Don't get caught dead without Jesus

When prayer becomes your habit miracles become your lifestyle.

It doesn't matter whether you are a minister or a member. If you don't stay in the word, you will exhibit carnality that will shock you.

Many Christians grew up in the Church but not in Christ, They knew hymns but not Him
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2019
Marriage doesn’t cure lust, if it does, adultery wouldn’t exist. Self-control is still a requirement. Lust doesn’t 'care' if you are married or single....
You may be Solomon in wisdom or David in praise or Abraham in faith or Joshua in war but, if you are not Joseph in discipline, you will end up like Samson in destruction...

Never be a prisoner of your past, it was just a lesson and not a life sentence

Let the truth not offend you, let it change you

Expecting so much is one of the way you can hurt yourself
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2019
*WHAT IS MATURITY?*
I used to think that maturity was about age and physical development, how wrong I was. I have since found out that age is only but a number, below are 20 definitions of MATURITY
1) Maturity is when you accept other people the way they are and their level of maturity
2) Maturity is when you understand that your ideas are not always the best
3) Maturity is when you learn to let go even if it pains
4) Maturity is when you are able to drop expectations from a relationship and give for giving sake
5) Maturity is when you understand that whatever positive things you do, you do for your own peace
6) Maturity is when you stop proving to the world how RIGHT OR SUPERIOR you are
7) Maturity is when you stop comparing yourself with others because life is not a competition
cool Maturity is when you understand that you can't and shouldn't always get what you want every time
9) Maturity is when you are contented and satisfied with your life and yet aspiring to be better everyday
10) Maturity is when someone hurt you and you understand their attitude and stay clear, rather than trying to hurt them back
11) Maturity is when you start thinking about other people and not just yourself
12) Maturity is when you know you cant please everyone
13) Maturity is when you see things in different perspectives - far beyond the way they seem
14) Maturity is when you love more and judge less
15) Maturity is responsibility
16) Maturity is Love
17) Maturity is the application of wisdom and knowledge in humility
18) Maturity is when you accept that your accomplishment, failures, destiny, reputations and virtually everything about your life depends on God's will and the choices you make and not pointing fingers at others
19) Maturity is when someone hates you and you still pray for them to succeed.
20) Maturity is knowing God, serving Him with all that you've got and pursuing His Kingdom no matter what people think or say
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
What you can't picture you can't future

Some people's tears are some people joy. Some people bad moment are some people's good moment

Having many lovers doesn't make you a man, it only make you a womanizer, a cheat and a boy.
Real man has only one lady

God is the only employer that can fired you and still let you work
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2019
It may be late but it can be the latest.. All can't get there at the same time

Fake things don't last forever... Be genuine

If you lack instruction you will not escape destruction

When you carry authority from above nature will respond to you

You can move men with your word but you can't move heaven with your word if heaven don't no you
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2019
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.

The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation, but rather your thoughts about the situation

Create a life that feels good on the inside, not just one that looks good on the outside
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
you always learn from a spiritual battles whether you loose or when you win

people are not looking for noise makers but people who make impart

if there is a man to pray there is God to answer, if there is a woman to pray there is God to answer

some resources come in bunch while some came in pieces. make use of the bunch well and/or gather the pieces to get a bunch and use it well

when your integrity is taken your destiny is at risk
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
Many people look for solutions from abroad while all they need is right there with them
Our help come from above and not from beneath

Anytime God is present idolatry will be absent, if God is not their anything can happen

There are affliction you need, so to come back to ur senses and to get ur attention back

“Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.” and because it is Scriptural
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2019
STOP CALLING MATERIALISM PROSPERITY PROSPERITY is not corruption..... PROSPERITY is not fraud... PROSPERITY is not kidnapping.... PROSPERITY is not cult.... PROSPERITY is not drugs....... PROSPERITY is not prostitution..... PROSPERITY is not rituals..... PROSPERITY is not child trafficking.... PROSPERITY is not crime.... DON'T BE CONFUSED. .....! MATERIALISM is greed…… MATERIALISM is the love of money…. MATERIALISM is selfishness……. MATERIALISM is covetousness….. MATERIALISM is the love of this world…. THERE IS A VERY BIG DIFFERENCE

1 Like

Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 11:51am On Feb 11, 2019
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

for every new level there is a devil
pray always in other to takeover that which belong to you

as long as you are satisfy with your present level, you can move forward.

Anybody that is not ready to engage himself in a warfare will not enjoy the walfare

the revelation of yesterday might not be the revelation of today

1 Like

Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2019
Anything you value more than God is a god

you only know whom you love but you don't know exactly who love you - apart from your Maker.

Don't live God for everything, but live everything for God

Limitation lead to intimidation; when a man is given to indecision is limited

God is able to deliever you even in the lion's den, even inside the belly of fish, even inside the fire, ... and even in that your situations - just believe

There are many Jesus found inside and outside the Bible eg Bar Jesus. But there is only one Jesus who is the Christ. He is the Light of the world, The Way the Truth and the Life, The Resurrection, The Good Shepherd He is our Saviour
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2019
MORAL CONDUCT To your Creator - Devotion To your Parent - Obedient To your Leader - Co-operation To your Senior - Respect To your Junior - Good example To your Spouse - Love To your Employer - Hard work To your Friends - Sincerity To your College - Regards To your Opponent - Tolerance To your Customers - Politeness To the Stranger - Hospitality To your Child - Discipline To your Enemy - Forgiveness To the Needy - Charity To the Ignorant - Knowledge To your Self - Commitment To the work of God - Heart of service To Everybody - Kindness
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
more

Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
*Exaggeration 2*

Exaggeration is a term for a figure of speech. It means the describing of something and making it more than it really is.
An example of exaggeration would be: “I was walking along when suddenly this enormous dog walked along. It was as big as an elephant”. The dog may have been big, but it was certainly not as big as that. Another example of exaggeration would be: “I caught a fish as big as my house.”

Exaggeration spies up stories, and made it to be more acceptable or to be rejected. As a Christian only the truth is require of us, let us see an example of it in the Bible how Absalom kill his brother Amnon, because of what he did to his sister Tamar 2Samuel 13:1-20

2 Samuel 13:28-29 KJV
Now Absalom had commanded his servants, saying, Mark ye now when Amnon's heart is merry with wine, and when I say unto you, Smite Amnon; then kill him, fear not: have not I commanded you? be courageous, and be valiant. And the servants of Absalom did unto Amnon as Absalom had commanded. Then all the king's sons arose, and every man gat him up upon his mule, and fled.

Two people reported the case to the king, one exaggerated and the other said the truth

*Exaggerated version*
_2 Samuel 13:30-31 KJV And it came to pass, while they were in the way, that tidings came to David, saying, Absalom hath slain all the king's sons, and there is not one of them left. Then the king arose, and tare his garments, and lay on the earth; and all his servants stood by with their clothes rent._

*True story*
_2 Samuel 13:32-36 KJV And Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother, answered and said, Let not my lord suppose that they have slain all the young men the king's sons; for Amnon only is dead: for by the appointment of Absalom this hath been determined from the day that he forced his sister Tamar. Now therefore let not my lord the king take the thing to his heart, to think that all the king's sons are dead: for Amnon only is dead. But Absalom fled. And the young man that kept the watch lifted up his eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came much people by the way of the hill side behind him. And Jonadab said unto the king, Behold, the king's sons come: as thy servant said, so it is. And it came to pass, as soon as he had made an end of speaking, that, behold, the king's sons came, and lifted up their voice and wept: and the king also and all his servants wept very sore._

Exaggerated stories added more sorrows a times and whenever the truth is revealed and confirmed the exaggerator fill shame. It's my prayer for you not to exaggerated to the extended that people will no more longer trust the words that is coming out of you.
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
*Exaggeration*

We all exaggerate in one way or the other. Sometimes by spicing up stories to make them more fun. Exaggeration is a statement that makes something worse, or better, than it really is. In literature and oral communication, writers and speakers use exaggeration as a literary technique, to give extra stress and drama in a work or speech.

As a Christian only the truth is require of us.
Let us see an example of it in the Bible.

*True story of how king Saul died*
_1 Samuel 31:3-6 KJV And the battle went sore against Saul, and the archers hit him; and he was sore wounded of the archers. Then said Saul unto his armour bearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armour bearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it. And when his armour bearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him. So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armour bearer, and all his men, that same day together._

*Exaggerated version*
_2 Samuel 1:4-10 KJV And David said unto him, How went the matter? I pray thee, tell me. And he answered, That the people are fled from the battle, and many of the people also are fallen and dead; and Saul and Jonathan his son are dead also. And David said unto the young man that told him, How knowest thou that Saul and Jonathan his son be dead? And the young man that told him said, As I happened by chance upon mount Gilboa, behold, Saul leaned upon his spear; and, lo, the chariots and horsemen followed hard after him. And when he looked behind him, he saw me, and called unto me. And I answered, Here am I. And he said unto me, Who art thou? And I answered him, I am an Amalekite. He said unto me again, Stand, I pray thee, upon me, and slay me: for anguish is come upon me, because my life is yet whole in me. So I stood upon him, and slew him, because I was sure that he could not live after that he was fallen: and I took the crown that was upon his head, and the bracelet that was on his arm, and have brought them hither unto my lord._

You see the man who exaggerated the story thought that David will reward him greatly but at the end he lost his life. 2 Sam 1:13-16.
It is my prayer for you not to exaggerate to the extend that it will cost your life
*Yowel*
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
*Exaggeration 3*

Exaggeration is a representation of something in an excessive manner, it is a type of deception.
Overstatement and hyperbole are another words that means almost the same thing. The opposite of overstatement is understatement.
People exaggerate things because they have strong feelings about something. People may exaggerate to make people listen to what they say. They may do it to emphasize something. They may also exaggerate just to sound funny.

When the people Moses send to exploit the land of Canaan they came back with some of the fruits of the land but they also give negative reports and they over exaggerated the report, only two people among them stand up for the truth.
_Numbers 13:25-33 KJV And they returned from searching of the land after forty days. And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran, to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation, and shewed them the fruit of the land. And they told him, and said, We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it. Nevertheless the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there. The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains: and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan. And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. *And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.*_

_Deuteronomy 1:23-28 KJV And the saying pleased me well: and I took twelve men of you, one of a tribe: And they turned and went up into the mountain, and came unto the valley of Eshcol, and searched it out. And they took of the fruit of the land in their hands, and brought it down unto us, and brought us word again, and said, It is a good land which the Lord our God doth give us. Not withstanding ye would not go up, but rebelled against the commandment of the Lord your God: And ye murmured in your tents, and said, Because the Lord hated us, he hath brought us forth out of the land of Egypt, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us. Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, The people is greater and taller than we; *the cities are great and walled up to heaven*; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there._
Because they over exaggerated the story the people of God refused to enter the land to fight. At the end of it God said they won't enter, they will wander for forty years.

I pray for you may your exaggerated report not lead people to fear and to rebel about what God said through His servants
Re: Inspire Godly Quotes For You by ysyowel(m): 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
*Faith (part 1)*
Dictionary tells us that Faith is a complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Faith is confidence, conviction, credence, reliance, dependence, optimism, hopefulness, hope and expectation.

Faith is a strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
"bereaved people who have shown supreme

The definition of faith given by the author of the Epistle to the Hebrews at Hebrews 11:1 carries particular weight with Christians who respect the Bible as the source of divine truth. There the author writes:

_Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen._

There are some things to note about faith.

We can't please God without faith.

_But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him Heb 11:6_

_By it men of old received commendation For by it the elders obtained a good report. Heb 11:2_

By faith we subdued, obtained, stopped, and quench etc.
_Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: Heb 11:33-35_

Our faith should be greater than that of the people of old because of Jesus.
_God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Heb11:40_

To please GOD you need faith, to do His work you need faith, be to heal you need faith, to move to the top you need to have faith, ... Infact In everything. As a believer walk by faith and not by sight 2 Cor 5:7

(1) (Reply)

Why 'prophet' Mohammed Encouraged Pedophile / White Garment church member dancing ‘soapy’ in church (video) / RCCG Sunday School Students Manual , Sunday 14th July, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.