Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Corruption: Election Rigging Is The Highest Form Of Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: Election Rigging Is The Highest Form Of Corruption (294 Views)

Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud / Saraki: How Nigerians Can Prevent Election Rigging / Nigerians Blast PDP For Politicising Buhari Statements On Election Rigging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corruption: Election Rigging Is The Highest Form Of Corruption by Validated: 2:10am On Feb 10, 2019
It is my humble submission that we confront election rigging and make efforts to stamp it out. Why do I believe that we need to rise up against rigging. Rigging is more wicked than stealing money. Otherwise, how would one justify the fact that a mandate freely given by the people is subjugated to the "wicked thievery" of a few?
Anyone who gets into office by rigging would have no commitment to the voters. Hence, I am for free, credible and fair electoral victory.

In Nigeria today, robbery of any form attracts jungle justice. Same applies to common thieves and kidnappers, where caught. Why do we overlook electoral frauds? Why do we allow thugs to snatch ballot boxes? Why do we look the other way when INEC officials are collecting bribes? Why do we condone fraudulent results? Why are our security agencies not given same jungle justice when they perpetrate frauds? Why do we see people buying and selling votes and pretend that all is will? We do we tolerate frauds and pretend to be fighting corruption? What is cotruption, is stealing people's mandate not corruption?

As we go to the polls on Saturday, February 16, 2019, I would like to call on all Nigerians, especially the youth to form vanguards for the protection of our votes. Lets make our votes count. We are the ones to make our nation beautiful. We are the ones to stop thuggery. We are the ones to say "enough is enough" and the time is NOW! If we continue to remain silent, thugs, agberos, never-do-wells will continue to rule and lord it over us and of course, reduce us to mere inconsequential voters. How long are we to continue condoning this? My friend, this is 2019. The world is not waiting for Nigeria, nay Africa. Let us start now. Let us stand our ground and insist thst our votes must count.

It pains me each time I get into Europe or America and see how orderly the people conduct their affairs, how progressively things are done. Never heard of ballot snatching, never heard of security agencies aiding and abetting frauds. Never seen or heard of people in government ruling with impunity. Never heard that national constitutions are subjugated to the whims of a set of never-do-wells. In Nigeria, you see, hear, touch things that people world over shudder about. What realky is our oroblem

Sometimes, I wonder if our educational system is really effective? Our value system is totally eroded. We lie to ourselves, make false claims, and do all manner of things including whipping up religious and ethnic sentiments to justify our actions and evil intents.

Friend, please join this revolution. While we seem to have gotten independencr from Britain, we are now colonised by a few Nigerians who are now our local masters. We need freedom. Our electoral process should be goid enough to whip leaders into line. Let us make our votes count come February 16.

God bless!

My friend, as you read this remember that this nation can only grow if we make conscious effort. We must vote in the right candidates, stand and defend our rights.
Re: Corruption: Election Rigging Is The Highest Form Of Corruption by EASY39(m): 2:26am On Feb 10, 2019
Operation Rig And Roast

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Please Come Out From Hiding! / Watch Video As Buhari And Other Members Were Stoned At APC Ogun Rally / Atiku Floors Buhari In ASUU Twitter Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.