Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

D.a Governorship Candidate, Deputy Stir Emotions In Akwa Ibom Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / D.a Governorship Candidate, Deputy Stir Emotions In Akwa Ibom Community (218 Views)

If FCT Is A State, Why Did They Not Hold A Governorship Election On March 18? / Rivers: ADC Candidate & Deputy (Tonto Dikeh) Endorse Tonye Cole For Governor / APC In Imo Doesn't Have A Governorship Candidate - Daniel Nwafor, APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

D.a Governorship Candidate, Deputy Stir Emotions In Akwa Ibom Community by Woyinpreye123: 4:56am On Feb 10, 2019
D.A GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE, DEPUTY STIR EMOTIONS IN AKWA IBOM, AS OVER 700 BENEFIT FROM THEIR FREE MEDICAL SERVICES

Festus OZEGBE

Governorship candidate of the Democratic Alternative, Akwa Ibom State, Mr Johnson Attah alongside his deputy, Mrs Ann Ukpong, stirred emotions in Nsit Ubium when they flagged off a free medical and health care checkup for the people of the Area.

The event which took place, Saturday, at the Village Hall of Afia Nsit Atai, attracted over seven hundred (700) beneficiaries across the Nsit and Ubium clans of the area as well as people from the neighbouring Local Government Areas including Ibesikpo Asutan and Nsit Ibom.

The report has that Specialized Doctors, Nurses and Laboratory Attendants arrived the venue at exactly 8:12am and departed 7:05 pm.

However, Mr Johnson Attah, who inaugurated the free medical outreach also submitted himself for check-up. He noted that the intention was to enable both the poor and rich, young and old enjoy free medical checkup and drug administration.

His words: "God has blessed us to be a blessing for those in need that's why we are here. The truth is that good health is the best gift anybody can have so we are here to give that best gift for the people of this area".

Continuing, the governorship candidate observed that, "Health is wealth", saying, "nobody would be able to go out and vote on the election day if the person is not healthy"

He said if voted into power, his administration we will provide what he termed "mobile medical services" for those living in rural areas. "They would not need to visit the hospital, instead, health workers will be moving from house to house and conduct medical check-up and where a case is complex, the patient would be referred to either the teaching hospital in Uyo or any of the General Hospitals around", he noted.

Attah who earlier addressed a cross section of Afia Nsit Atai elders council specifically eulogized his deputy, Mrs Ann Ukpong for the idea, appreciating her for being an astute and dependable deputy.

Speaking with newsmen, Mrs Ukpong noted that many Akwa Ibomites in the area who do not know their health status due to financial incapacity would now have the opportunity.

She said “ the aim is part of our social responsibility to see that part of my governorship candidate's agenda to assist the less privileged members of the society is achieved. This medical outreach project is part of Democratic Alternative agenda to see that we assist indigent Akwa Ibomites at all levels .

Some elders and chiefs who also received treatment during the exercise commended Mr Attah and Mrs Ann Ukpong for initiating the programme; calling on other political parties to emulate the fine example of Democratic Alternative party.

One of the beneficiaries, a 67 year old Madam Elizabeth Okon, described the medical outreach as a “blessing” to her, coming at a time she needed solution for two of her major health challenges.

Her words: “I have problem urinating; and whenever I urinate it used to be yellowish in colour. I also have problem with my sight. I have not been able to go to the hospital because I don’t have enough money to do so.

“I heard that a political party (Democratic Alternative) is coming to our area to offer free medical service to the residents. I was happy about this, and I can tell you they have diagnosed me and proper drugs have been given to me. I say may God bless and grant the desires of their hearts”

A twenty-three year old epileptic female patient (names withheld) also thanked Mr Attah and Mrs Ukpong for giving her the privilege to be diagnosed for the first time.

Our correspondent gathered that the epileptic patient was among a good number of patients whose cases would be handled by specialized physicians at the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital on Monday, 11th February.

(1) (Reply)

“vote And Remain In Slavery” – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbos / Atiku Shutdown Kano As Huge Crowd Storms PDP Rally / UN Expert Says Suspension Of Nigeria's Chief Judge Breaches Human Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.